Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

In 2008, the first Hyper coaster install in Cedar Fair's recent acquisition of the former Paramount Parks was beaten by a CCI Wooden coaster that some would argue couldn't fill a line like a Hyper in the Golden Ticket Awards.

In 2009, Kings Island's tallest, fastest, meanest, and first B&M roller coaster was beaten by a GCI Wooden coaster that some would argue couldn't fill a line like a Hyper in the Golden Ticket Awards.

In 2010, the second and final Giga coaster manufactured by Intamin for Cedar Fair was beaten by a next-generation dark ride based on a lucrative IP that some would argue couldn't fill a line like a Giga in the Golden Ticket Awards.

In 2012, the world's first Giga coaster from B&M was beaten by the nation's first (to open) Wing Rider that some would argue couldn't fill a line like a giga in the Golden Ticket Awards.

In 2013, the world's longest and fastest Wing Rider coaster from B&M was beaten by a next-generation Wooden coaster with multiple inversions that some would argue couldn't fill a line like a Wing Rider in the Golden Ticket Awards.

In 2014, the world's longest Inverted roller coaster was beaten by a wooden Bobsled coaster (that spent nearly a decade in SBNO status) that pretty much everyone would argue couldn't fill a line like an Invert in the Golden Ticket Awards.

In 2015, the tallest and fastest giga coaster built by B&M took first in the Golden Ticket Awards.

• Like 17

All I was saying is there was a reason for Banshee's line being shorter. However, it doesn't mean that no one rode Banshee.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ummmmm.... Maybe because the ride has awesome capacity. Ever think about that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

• Like 12

Random upsetting note: Banshee twists are gone.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

WHAT?!?!!!!
I went today, they told me no more purple ice cream, and the blue was normal blue. I asked if it was temporary, and they said that it's for good. I wanted to cry. Even though it was just a blue and vanilla twist, it was beautiful.

• Like 10

Random upsetting note: Banshee twists are gone.

WHAT?!?!!!!
I went today, they told me no more purple ice cream, and the blue was normal blue. I asked if it was temporary, and they said that it's for good. I wanted to cry. Even though it was just a blue and vanilla twist, it was beautiful.

This makes me want to cry also! At least I got 2 on the preview night I guess :(  Did you get some anyways? I bet it wont taste the same (even if it is lol)...

• Like 1

Ok, back to the topic, kinda.

Earlier I posted what I could see with my eyes was going on in the woods, whatever it means.

But now, once again as Dumbledore said "From this point forth, we shall be leaving the firm foundation of fact and journeying together through the murky marshes of memory into thickets of wildest guesswork." I'm going to delve into the more tenuous things, what may possibly be clues left for us, or may simply be coincidence.

When I rode Diamondback at the end of ERT, I looked to the right as we sat on the brake run, and saw something. There was a small row boat beside the fence. It was named Tin Man. There seemed to be some landscaping materials inside, as though it had been used as one might use a wheelbarrow. I took a picture from the DB line later in the day:

4a3da177dcea89fb46041670c26993da.jpg

(An even shorter summary of info from the Wikipedia page on the Tin Man: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_Woodman) The full name of the Tin Man in L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz was the Tin Woodman. He was once a man named Nick Chopper, whose job was chopping trees. The Wicked Witch of the East bewitched his ax and it started cutting off his limbs, which he had replaced, until he was fully tin.

I just find it particularly interesting to find something somewhat hidden in the park that combines the two things going on over in Rivertown: falling trees and water.

It probably is complete coincidence. But maybe....

• Like 25

Earlier I posted what I could see with my eyes was going on in the woods, whatever it means.

But now, once again as Dumbledore said "From this point forth, we shall be leaving the firm foundation of fact and journeying together through the murky marshes of memory into thickets of wildest guesswork." I'm going to delve into the more tenuous things, what may possibly be clues left for us, or may simply be coincidence.

When I rode Diamondback at the end of ERT, I looked to the right as we sat on the brake run, and saw something. There was a small row boat beside the fence. It was named Tin Man. There seemed to be some landscaping materials inside, as though it had been used as one might use a wheelbarrow. I took a picture from the DB line later in the day:

(An even shorter summary of info from the Wikipedia page on the Tin Man: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_Woodman) The full name of the Tin Man in L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz was the Tin Woodman. He was once a man named Nick Chopper, whose job was chopping trees. The Wicked Witch of the East bewitched his ax and it started cutting off his limbs, which he had replaced, until he was fully tin.

I just find it particularly interesting to find something somewhat hidden in the park that combines the two things going on over in Rivertown: falling trees and water.

I saw this as well, but I thought nothing of it.

• Like 2

But now, once again as Dumbledore said "From this point forth, we shall be leaving the firm foundation of fact and journeying together through the murky marshes of memory into thickets of wildest guesswork."

Wow. Ironically, I just finished watching the Harry Potter series, then you post a quote of Dumbledore's.

Back on subject. I must have missed that. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

• Like 5

Falling trees and water...this would probably never happen, but a terrain woodie that swoops down over the WWC reservoir kinda like the Raven does would be pretty amazing. There's just something truly incredible about riding a woodie through a thickly wooded area.

Sorry for the double post.

• Like 3

I think it is a coincidence. For some reason, I highly doubt KI would do a Wizard of Oz themed attraction with KK having that lame-o movie still.

I also am not completely convinced if falling trees have anything to do with what's going in... Mainly because Dollywood has had a few lumber-themed rides over the past decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gotta love the PR department!18979c0404d9269b180d16d14e90d169.jpg

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

I suspect that with Snoop Dogg, anything regarding trees has a totally different meaning.
Or grass. I hear he's a great gardener. :lol:
Should've posted this 9 days ago

If they would of i would have laughed so hard XD

• Like 4

I think it is a coincidence. For some reason, I highly doubt KI would do a Wizard of Oz themed attraction with KK having that lame-o movie still.

I also am not completely convinced if falling trees have anything to do with what's going in... Mainly because Dollywood has had a few lumber-themed rides over the past decade.

Hey this year they have an Angry Birds movie!!!

Oh! I didn't know! Hopefully it's better!

So maybe Oz is a possibility!

Oh! I didn't know! Hopefully it's better!

So maybe Oz is a possibility!

I'm going tomorrow. I'll know then if it's any better. I doubt it though
  • Like 1

Would a woodie really generate the sort of excitement, anticipation and ticket sales that a Giga would? And don't give me that Golden Ticket Awards nonsense. That's irrelevant.

Considering Rocky Mountain Construction's meteoric rise to fame with their Topper Track & I-Box installations amongst nearly every park in the Six Flags chain arguably ushering in a "3rd Age" of roller coasters?

Yes. It would. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been a ten-year gap between Millie and Timmy when it comes to Giga installations.

• Like 9