Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

When I rode the train today the associate speaking on the mic said that they were doing a full renovation of White Water Canyon and that it would be a noticeable change to the ride experience. I am only taking it with a grain of salt until I actually get to ride it at the end of May, but I'd be interested to see what the difference is and if it has anything to do with what they are putting in. As Magenta said earlier, they are also getting brand new pumps.

• Like 9

^ Its something unique with the way the brakes work on Arrow Coasters, the trains have to be chained down at the end of the night or they will roll forward. Just easier to park one on the lift hill.

Carowinds doesn't chain down their Arrow coasters, in fact We used to have push Goldrusher some morning to get the train roll on its own out of the station and brake run.
  • Like 2

An invert the size of Banshee would not feel the line like a Giga coaster would. Look at Millenium Force for example, it's by pretty much everyone's standards the best ride at Cedar Point. A coaster like Banshee can't compete with something like Millenium Force

It's not my favorite coaster at CP. Not even close. Give me Wicked Twister and Blue Streak all day and I'll be happy.

I could live without Millennium Force on a trip up north.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I feel the same.  MF is my third favorite at CP after Magnum and Maverick.  I still like MF first drop but the rest of the ride is just so so.  I can ride Magnum and Maverick all day.

• Like 2

An invert the size of Banshee would not feel the line like a Giga coaster would. Look at Millenium Force for example, it's by pretty much everyone's standards the best ride at Cedar Point. A coaster like Banshee can't compete with something like Millenium Force

It's not my favorite coaster at CP. Not even close. Give me Wicked Twister and Blue Streak all day and I'll be happy.

I could live without Millennium Force on a trip up north.

I feel the same. MF is my third favorite at CP after Magnum and Maverick. I still like MF first drop but the rest of the ride is just so so. I can ride Magnum and Maverick all day.

Millennium Forceless is one of my least favorite roller coasters. It's better than Voyage, I'll give it that. And the view is nice.

It matters not. You see, my favorite is north of it, an incredible coaster is to the East, there's a great train....

I'm more line Terpy on this issue minus the view on The Voyage.

• Like 3

I like MF, don't get me wrong. It's big and fast. But that's all it is. To me I think I-305 is a far better coaster. There's folks here that disagree with that, too.

As for my personal opinion on what I would like or think we'll see......

Phil, headin for the exit of the Decoding thread, for now.

• Like 4

they are also getting brand new pumps.

I would think tennis shoes would be more practical. It just seems like pumps would make loading and unloading the boats unnecessarily difficult.

Your statement has me laughing hysterically because All I could picture were several Daisy Dukes assisting to load the boats....lol
  • Like 20

I have finally gotten around to put a comment on this thread. All I can say is if it is a coaster, wood or steel, people will not be happy. Posts about there possibly being a wooden coaster too close to The Beast, or a large scale B&M being close to Diamondback would look wierd and would drastically make the skyline look uneven are somewhat ridiculous. The possibility of getting another large attraction is very exciting, and whatever the park is doing, I'm sure it will be a great addition....Fiery Fist O' Pain.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Ok, this may be a little off topic, but I looked at one of my first posts for this thread, and I predicted a triotech dark ride! I also mentioned something about a Mack multi launch, which is still a big possibility, but now I'm completely on the giga bandwagon. It's really crazy how other people and facts can change your opinion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Ill be super disappointed if this ain't a giga coaster. I feel like it is, but a lot of people are saying we're going to get a wooden coaster and I hope that's not the case.

If you're disappointed now, just wait. No one is saying that KI will never get a Giga, I believe it will come, just not yet. We all want what we want, but have no fear as any attraction will be a great attraction at KI in 2017 (except for what was Son of Beast).

• Like 7

I'd be surprised if anyone had much new to post after what I and others observed and posted yesterday. They seem to be mostly working on tree removal and surveying during the week when there aren't guests at the park (unsurprisingly) and even if they weren't, today would have been a washout.

I'm still not on the Giga bandwagon. I think it is a needlessly fiddly place to try to put one, when across the park (at a place that would make a nice even-ish triangle of the three biggest steel coasters in the park) there is a spot that seems almost custom made to plop one in once Dinosaurs Alive finally gives up the ghost.

That said, and as I've mentioned previously, I do think it will be a coaster based on what I've seen with my eyes. I am open to a handful of other possibilities about what I'm seeing, but I think a coaster more likely than a return of antique cars, for a possible example.

Bonus picture from yesterday of what was explained on the train as the newly replaced turbines for WWC

a505f74899458211a584fdf77a3aaaf9.jpg

• Like 9