Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Dang, KIC, back at it again with the Decoding speculation!  :P  

Seriously, I come back after a day or so of not keeping up with this thread and 5+ pages have sprang up in my absence.

On a related note, I feel like the (imo, well-deserved!) Banshee hype was almost like a PR/social media test (or, at least KI's first major go at a social media word-of-mouth campaign) and things are going to get even more awesome for Project 2017.

• Like 9

If KI put pepperoni under the cheese, a vegetarian might grab a slice of it inadvertently.

And sometimes it sits under the heat lamps. And sits. And sits. Or in a holding oven.

At least it's generally served hot. That can't be said of all Ohio parks' pizza.

• Like 6

No.

The pepperoni is on top of the cheese.

And the sauce is sickeningly sweet.

And sometimes it sits under the heat lamps. And sits. And sits. Or in a holding oven.

Fresh pizza is far better than pizza made hours and hours ago.

I will agree with you that slices just sit under a heat lamp but if you order a whole pizza its more likely to be fresh. Not always guaranteed but more likely. And sadly when I worked there I tried to make an "authentic" larosas pepperoni pizza and got in some serious trouble. Ive also wondered why street pizza got rid of the sausage that was by far my favorit pepperoni and sausage equals amazing larosas.

As for the sauce I don't know why it's so sweet everything gets ordered directly from larosas. I honestly love the sauce.

• Like 2

I love the speculation on the snapchat, but the "major key" phrase was in reference to a catchphrase started by DJ Khaled. For awhile he would snap pictures illustrating his path to success and caption "major (key emoji)". It was a running gag and popular joke around the Internet. I think he still does it.

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 via Tapatalk

• Like 12

I've got the feeling that Don isn't personally doing the Snapchat posts. They don't seem to fit his style.

Snapchat itself doesn't seem to fit his style. He's too old for it. :P

jcgoble3, who at 29, is also too old to understand Snapchat... :)

• Like 7

No such thing as too old. I don't have it but my boss is in his 40's and Snapchats with our team. We joke that he's the "cool uncle" and I'm more like the "mom". No point in me getting Snapchat as no one Snapchats mom. :)

My mom has, and uses, Snapchat. She'll turn 50 this year.

• Like 7

I've got the feeling that Don isn't personally doing the Snapchat posts. They don't seem to fit his style.

He has an intern who probably does it.

I kindly suggested to Don that the overuse of emoticons was really going to jeopardize the entire social media thing that they have going.  My suggestion wasn't well received.  

I suppose you can follow the park's and see snaps saying "OMG IT'S TEH BAEST  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :)  :)  :) " or follow KIC and get good information, interesting tidbits, products, updates, etc.  

In case you don't:

https://www.facebook.com/kingsislandcentral/

http://www.twitter.com/KICentral

https://www.instagram.com/KICentral/

• Like 4

Oh, I definitely agree on the park's overuse of emoticons. And their Snapchat has yet to post a single normal picture. Everyone has been covered with a caption and emoticon blocking half the picture.

Also, thanks for the Instagram link. I wasn't aware you ran an account there. Will you start a KIC Snapchat?

• Like 2

Oh, I definitely agree on the park's overuse of emoticons. And their Snapchat has yet to post a single normal picture. Everyone has been covered with a caption and emoticon blocking half the picture.

Also, thanks for the Instagram link. I wasn't aware you ran an account there. Will you start a KIC Snapchat?

I'e thought about it.  Is that something you guys want?  I have my own personal one, so I imagine you can't be logged into two, right?

• Like 1

Greetings, I have been reading this since the topic began, and I have been biting my lip. I'd like to make my post short, as I have a tendency to ramble.  Only because you personally want a coaster does not mean that the park WILL build a coaster. In my personal opinion that location is terrible for a coaster, why congest that area? Why build a coaster in that area? Too close to three major coasters. Considering the five year plan, not that the park follows it to the T, but 2009- we had a coaster, 2010- Planet Snoopy upgrade, 2011-Flat ride, 2012-Soak City, 2013-Capitol investments. We begin again, 2014-coaster, 2015-Planet Snoopy upgrade, this year it was switched up, going with capitol investments and Soak City addition. 2017 really seems to be the year for a flat ride. The park is lacking a terrific flat ride. I honestly feel that 2019 will be the year for the next coaster. At this point, 2014 was five years after Diamondback, so I don't see why they would just add another coaster three years after a major coaster, especially in this location, it just seems so congested. That area would host a beautiful flat ride. I think the next coaster will be out by X-base and in the old SOB double helix area. In that area that is being mildly cleared. Anyway, I firmly believe that no coaster is on its way. Again, a coaster just does not make sense. Only because you love coasters doesn't mean that Kings Island is just going to pile coasters upon one another. I honestly think a major coaster next to Diamondback would look horrible. Let us consider this, first major coaster in the park was in Rivertown, the next major coaster was in Action Zone, seems like Coney Mall would be ideal for the next coaster. Anyway, lets just put our personal wants for a coaster aside and think logically, and only because you see markers in certain places doesn't mean its a coaster. I mean, the past two coasters have shown us that footers usually begin to appear around this time. Do we see footers? Sure, we have signs for falling trees, but Cedar Fair is really sticking with Gary Wachs original idea for the park, making sure landscape is on the top of the list, and with the renovations of WWC I think we could be seeing a minor expansion into the woods along with maybe one or two flats rides. See, I wanted to make this short because I ramble, and wonder if I make sense. I did not profread, so forgive me for spelling or grammatical errors, or the over use of commas. Any there we have it, this guys perspective on the situation........thanks for reading..... 

• Like 4

As has been mentioned multiple times in this thread, just because there were five years between Diamondback and Banshee does not mean there will be five years between Banshee and the next coaster. There is not a fixed schedule saying that "we do these five things in order every five years". It just doesn't work that way. Put another way, past performance is not a predictor of future results. So it's very possible that this is a coaster.

Also, there don't have to be footings in the ground already for this to be a coaster. Look at Gatekeeper at Cedar Point. Part of the area it occupies now was still occupied by two operating rides until late the previous summer. Again, just because we're not seeing footings already has no bearing on whether or not this is a coaster.

• Like 15

And five year plans are not done only every five years. Each year, THE five year plan is extended out for another year. Plans change, managements change, society changes, economics change, and on and on.

It's also helpful to read all or at least much of a thread before responding...,

You'd be surprised what is clearly, convincingly and correctly stated in this one. And what is complete, utter....offal.

Terp -- look for Blue's Clues...

• Like 18

I'e thought about it.  Is that something you guys want?  I have my own personal one, so I imagine you can't be logged into two, right?

Looks like you'd have to log out of your personal one and into the KIC one should you create it.

Did a Google search and didn't come up with anything where the official app supports it.

Looks like there may be third party solutions to this, though.

• Like 2

Everyone always mentions the 5 year plan. There is no 5 year plan. :)

It's literally just a business forecast of a rolling 5 year period. Thusly, every year there will be an updated "5 year plan". Not a solid indicator for if its our "turn" to get a coaster or even if we'll get a coaster in any given year. There are plenty of other tangible factors that we can use to make informed guesses.

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 via Tapatalk

• Like 12