Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

If they start posting hints that suggest its a ride themed to To Kill a Mockingbird or we need to figure out a hypotenuse[...]

We might need to if we have to figure out the height and angle of ascent the lift hill is...

• Like 8

^ he wasn't accusing you of not reading. What he was saying was that you misinterpreted his original post that you quoted. His original post was a general overview of previous discussions that have happened in this thread, not reasons that we were getting a roller coaster. Something else that doesn't need to happen here is quoting a post directly above you. Especially when there are now 6 quotes within it.

• Like 6

Okay, for everyone that does not want to read all these pages, but make claims as to why it will not be a coaster, here's what was said:

Not enough space there - actually more than enough space for a coaster when given the overhead view

Not enough time - With enough money there is (see Gatekeeper)

Banshee was just put in - KI is the 3rd highest grossing park in the Cedar Fair chain, plus they can do whatever they see fit (see Cedar Point installation recently)

No footings yet - see above about "not enough time"

Uneven skyline - this may be true, but as someone already stated, the skyline looks different from different angles (more of an opinion thing imo)

No flats recently - Woodstock gliders?

Everyone has their own opinions, mine being that it will be a coaster. I respect your opinion about it not being a coaster, as that is a very real possibility, but please don't restate something that has already been stated 10 other times unless you bring something new about it to the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please list off one thing that makes you think it's going to be a coaster. lol
That wasn't my point. My point is please at least skim through the pages before posting your "unique" reason as to why it "definitely is/is not a coaster" because somebody else most likely said it earlier already
Hello, at least read my post before accusing me of not reading anything. I've read every post in this thread. I've been posting in it since the beginning. I was here for the whole 2014 decoding thread. I definitely didn't say it definitely isn't a coster. I just said I don't think it is and listed out the reasons I don't think it is.

I clearly said there is enough time to do it if they choose to. I didn't say there isn't enough room for a coaster. I said that taking out individual trees does not give them enough room for a ride path. I listed out facts about the construction process and why it limits their time for a 2017 opening.

Are they still teaching reading comprehension in High School?

Kids these days....

I never accused you of anything actually. I was just stating in general because it has occurred multiple times in this thread. It was more of a "hey everyone, please stop stating what's been stated 10 times already." You just assumed I was speaking to you because you were guilty of it.

Did they even teach reading comprehension years ago?

Adults these days...

Your post 1463 quoted my post asking for you to list off why its a coaster. In response to me you said "My point is please at least skim through the pages before posting your "unique" reason as to why it "definitely is/is not a coaster" because somebody else most likely said it earlier already"

Since you quoted and responded to me, and you used the word "your" that means you were addressing me. And in this post, you are saying I'm guilty of it, further showing you were addressing me. You were wrong, and just were trying to look like you know what you are talking about. Now you are trying to half backtrack and act like you weren't really responding to me because you have absolutely no background in anything construction related and have no clue how to accurately address my reasoning. All you can do is take things other people said and hope they were right. I mean you thought this was going to be a dark ride and now you are going to pretend to have any clue how to look at the site and figure out what they are doing? Being snarky might be cool with your friends, but if you are going to come on here and act like you know anything about anything, be ready to back it up. If you can't you will be shown how ignorant you are on what you are trying to talk about.

If they start posting hints that suggest its a ride themed to To Kill a Mockingbird or we need to figure out a hypotenuse, feel free to chime in.

First off, sir or madam, I was using it to regard everyone in general. "You" and "your" can be used to apply to multiple people. Obviously it is not me that does not know normal grammar.

Also, if you (this time I'm talking to just you, since you can't tell) read a later post, you obviously would have seen why I changed my prediction.

Lastly, it's pretty offensive that you are questioning my intelligence, considering you don't even know me. I just got GSP for Kentucky (if you don't know its significance, look it up) am number 1 in my class, have over a 6.0 weighted GPA, not to mention a 33 on the ACT, and a National Merit Scholar.

• Like 1

Okay, for everyone that does not want to read all these pages, but make claims as to why it will not be a coaster, here's what was said:

Not enough space there - actually more than enough space for a coaster when given the overhead view

Not enough time - With enough money there is (see Gatekeeper)

Banshee was just put in - KI is the 3rd highest grossing park in the Cedar Fair chain, plus they can do whatever they see fit (see Cedar Point installation recently)

No footings yet - see above about "not enough time"

Uneven skyline - this may be true, but as someone already stated, the skyline looks different from different angles (more of an opinion thing imo)

No flats recently - Woodstock gliders?

Everyone has their own opinions, mine being that it will be a coaster. I respect your opinion about it not being a coaster, as that is a very real possibility, but please don't restate something that has already been stated 10 other times unless you bring something new about it to the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please list off one thing that makes you think it's going to be a coaster. lol
That wasn't my point. My point is please at least skim through the pages before posting your "unique" reason as to why it "definitely is/is not a coaster" because somebody else most likely said it earlier already

Hello, at least read my post before accusing me of not reading anything. I've read every post in this thread. I've been posting in it since the beginning. I was here for the whole 2014 decoding thread. I definitely didn't say it definitely isn't a coster. I just said I don't think it is and listed out the reasons I don't think it is.

I clearly said there is enough time to do it if they choose to. I didn't say there isn't enough room for a coaster. I said that taking out individual trees does not give them enough room for a ride path. I listed out facts about the construction process and why it limits their time for a 2017 opening.

Are they still teaching reading comprehension in High School?

Kids these days....

I never accused you of anything actually. I was just stating in general because it has occurred multiple times in this thread. It was more of a "hey everyone, please stop stating what's been stated 10 times already." You just assumed I was speaking to you because you were guilty of it.

Did they even teach reading comprehension years ago?

Adults these days...

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!! REKT!!!

Edit: sorry for quoting quoted quotations that were quoted by quoting.

• Like 8

^ he wasn't accusing you of not reading. What he was saying was that you misinterpreted his original post that you quoted. His original post was a general overview of previous discussions that have happened in this thread, not reasons that we were getting a roller coaster. Something else that doesn't need to happen here is quoting a post directly above you. Especially when there are now 6 quotes within it.

Mine was the only post saying anything about it not being a coaster since his last post at 11 something this morning. He was addressing me. 

And in each case, his post was never directly above mine, so it is proper etiquette to at least quote his post to show which person I was addressing. 

First off, sir or madam, I was using it to regard everyone in general. "You" and "your" can be used to apply to multiple people. Obviously it is not me that does not know normal grammar.

Also, if you (this time I'm talking to just you, since you can't tell) read a later post, you obviously would have seen why I changed my prediction.

Lastly, it's pretty offensive that you are questioning my intelligence, considering you don't even know me. I just got GSP for Kentucky (if you don't know its significance, look it up) am number 1 in my class, have over a 6.0 weighted GPA, not to mention a 33 on the ACT, and a National Merit Scholar.

About the you, your, and who you were talking to, as stated above, you were addressing me. No one else mentioned anything about it not being a coaster since your last post, so don't pretend you were doing some big public service post that had nothing to do with what I said. Are you trying to pretend it just popped back in your head after you had time to reflect? 

Good for you. I had all honors everything in high school too. Got accepted into honors programs at UK, UC, OSU. Top 1% of every standardized test I took from 5th grade through graduation, yada, yada. But I knew nothing about construction at that time, nor would I get on message boards and pretend I did. I never said you were stupid. I don't know you enough to tell if you are or aren't. You seem to be a know-it-all, but thats just from how you are acting on here. Trust me, once you get out of school, no one cares what your GPA was. or where you were in your class. No one but your mama. I said you'd be proven ignorant if you tried to talk like you know something about subjects you don't know. But you clearly aren't reading everything I'm saying, nor trying to address the actual things I said. If you don't like someone else's theory, use your own logic and disprove it. Don't sit there and act like a child and just regurgitate someone else's thoughts. Use critical thinking. I'm more than willing to engage in an intelligent discussion with someone who has their own thoughts of a subject. But acting like you know something when all you really have is other people's thoughts and ideas will not serve you well. Here or in life.

• Like 1

I seem to agree that the indications are for a coaster. Right now what clearing we have seen may be a logging company taking down trees that are deemed valuable! Heavy equipment can be brought in to do a mass clearing in a very short time!

• Like 4

There is something I want to bring up about this staying on topic.  While it should be important to do so, its also nice to have some bits of site chemistry every once in a while.  There's only so much you can get out of looking at newly overturned dirt.  Until we see more significant clues, the thread is going to have some dull moments.  The off-topic bits are just the site being, well, us.  Its part of what makes threads like this enjoyable (at least for me, a reason I often re-read the 2014 version).  

So, to new members- just sit back and enjoy the ride.  

• Like 19

How long did it take to build Son of Beast from start to finish?  Could this be a woody that might take a long time to build, like until 2018? 

Less then a year.  Which included time to rebuild a section of track which collapsed during construction.  There is plenty of time to build just about anything for 2017 still.

• Like 4

I personally am not the biggest fan of RMC, I prefer the old wooden style over something that is just to put as many inversions on a "wood" coaster as possible. Am I the only one who feels most RMC's also don't keep up that intensity all the way through the ride? Idk maybe I'm being too picky with my coasters but all my favorite coasters keep up the intensity from start to finish: Maverick, Banshee, and Voyage come to mind. 

Personally if it is a wooden coaster I'm hoping for a little bit bigger of a GCI twister. A coaster like Prowler or Renegade would really round out the wooden collection and bring something that our other coasters don't.

• Like 3