Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I have never rode NTG as I'm in college and stuck to this area for awhile. I guess the point I wanted to make was a "wooden" coaster doesn't need to have 4 inversions to be good. I much prefer the style of hard turns and having the feeling that I'm not in control, over being upside down. I have heard good things about both Iron Rattler and NTG, but won't be able to ride those for a few more years.

• Like 5

These things still pack an out of control feeling without beating you to a pulp in a way that rides like Voyage do.  They have many quick changes in direction that seem like they will throw you from your seat without causing you any pain.  

• Like 5

Iron Beast ??

Would love it provided it is a completely original ride and not a refurb of Beast. Have thought an RMC would be great in Rivertown.

And to the comments talking about a mountain and a log flume like Knott's, would be cool to maybe turn the Crypt building into a mountain. Just leave it there as is for the most part but put a mount structure around it. Then build a long flume that meanders in and out of the building with some small scene in there like Knott's. Be a great way to hide the eyesore of the box and keep the theme. Could utilize the current queue still, maybe exit out the side where you leave Madame Fatale's to an outdoor loading platform and theme the indoor portion of the queue to a mine as well.

• Like 3

Based on the area that markers are placed, I think that is enough reason to think that it is a bigger ride.  That area that is currently clear does not appear to be large enough to hold a flat ride and its queue line.

Maybe not a coaster, but certainly not a flat.  It could be a new water ride of some sort as well, but I think that is doubtful.

• Like 2

Been a while since my last post here but...I've been lurking in the shadows. Just want to throw my opinion in! While I highly don't believe it's a giga, or woodie. I do see how it could be a log flume. Although I hope not! What I really want (and have wanted at KI for a long time. Its a Top Thrill or Kingda Ka!   

• Like 3

Been a while since my last post here but...I've been lurking in the shadows. Just want to throw my opinion in! While I highly don't believe it's a giga, or woodie. I do see how it could be a log flume. Although I hope not! What I really want (and have wanted at KI for a long time. Its a Top Thrill or Kingda Ka!   

Please, no..

• Like 3

Please, no..

Don't worry would never happen.  Both are maintenance and downtime nightmares.  A few years after it opened Dick Kinzel who at the time was CEO of Cedar Fair called Top Thrill Dragster the worst business decision he had ever made.  I cannot see another ever being built at a Cedar Fair park unless Intimin can somehow prove they fixed all the issues.

• Like 2

3Kn3xqZ.png

So i was looking through some Cedar Fair trademarks, and there was one called Stratosaur. 

(I know it says it's dead, but the trademark "Kings Island" also said it was dead. Idk how accurate this trademark site is)

Anyway, maybe this will be the name of our next coaster? Maybe its hinting that the next coaster will be a stratacoaster?? 0_o 

Edit: Centurion is still on the list btw

• Like 4

I was at the park yesterday, rode the train and saw the survey stakes and clearing. I'm really not seeing a huge indication that these are related to a future big ride. There are simply not enough to be mass clearing (and I agree with an earlier post that a coaster, even if it follows terrain, needs some degree of mass clearing, if anything for construction access). They look to me to be related to the new WWC entrance and renovation, as mentioned by the train operator.

I do believe that there's enough smoke pointing to "something" new (why move the WWC entrance, tear down and build a new funnel cake bldg., build a fence and plaster it with teaser signs...etc), and I'm still hopeful for something big. I just am not personally convinced that these survey stakes are directly connected.

I was looking at the area behind the fence from the midway and thought a terrain blitz or woodie would look so great in that area (I know, not a popular argument by team giga), that's still what I'm hoping for.

• Like 4

Please, no..

Don't worry would never happen. Both are maintenance and downtime nightmares. A few years after it opened Dick Kinzel who at the time was CEO of Cedar Fair called Top Thrill Dragster the worst business decision he had ever made. I cannot see another ever being built at a Cedar Fair park unless Intimin can somehow prove they fixed all the issues.

Cedar Point has also figured out how to keep the ride open atleast 50% of the time unlike its first few years when he made that quote. Am I saying it is reliable, absolutely not, but i am saying it isnt as bad as it used to be.