Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

New For 2017 AT Kings Island: 

Gigasaur - A revolutionary RMC "T-Rex" track styled coaster. Experience the prehistoric times at speeds up to 70 miles per hour, zipping through Kings Island's "Dinosaurs Alive" attraction. Come ride today!

Edit: Fixed caps issue as per Terms of Service.

• Like 9

Does it surprise you that something big and exciting should draw people back to the boards to discuss it?

Welcome back, OpSonofBeast, and all the others who have come to discuss and speculate. Read the thread (as much as you can)! :)

Oh I didn't mean that, just the first sentence seems to be exactly the same as others. Lol

• Like 3

For the Trademark stalkers, consider this.  There is a chance, that CF/KI could hold a contest for the new whatever, much like BGW did with Invadr.  I do hope, however, that if they do hold such contest, they put a term or condition that the Company reserves the right to re-name it, or take the second most popular choice in case people think it would be hilarious to pull some cretinous stunt like the voters in the UK did when naming the new experimental ship.  We REALLY dont need Coaster McCoastface.

• Like 14

I'm not sure if anyone posted this but I'll check when I get home (don't feel like going through 155 pages on Tapatalk)

Kings Island posted this on their Snapchat:

648b40167dfdd790199967153ce81f46.jpg

I know with the whole possibility of RFYLCB being removed with this future expansion that this could be a little tease. Maybe this does end up being a foreshadowing and maybe it's just a simple saying because it's at the end of the ride. Thought I would share.

Edit: Posted earlier. Figures.

• Like 7

It's probably not related but I'm curious. There is a large black thing standing behind Slaughterhouse. I couldn't get a picture because I only saw it from Beast's brake run. It kind of looks like it might be some sort of ramp, if laid down, or alternatively a sign board in the position it is currently standing. If a sign, the front of it is facing away so it can't be seen from Beast... but would be very visible from a Beast tour at, say Coasterstock later this month....

Would someone identify this object for us?

• Like 4

If a Half Coaster, Half Water Ride is what Kings Island actually wants...they could go for a Mack Rides Water Coaster. Like Poseidon @ Europa Park...

http://www.europapark.de/en/park/attractions-shows/water-rollercoaster-poseidon

Listed capacity is 1,600 riders per hour- if that's true, well I know Cedar Fair loves their rides to have high capacity. And it could be sawmill themed or something to fit the "falling trees" theme. I could see this as being a possible option for the 2017 attraction.

Granted until we get more clues (like footers), everything is still on the board- from a Giga, to a Woodie, to a Water Coaster, to a flat...to a new hot dog cart. :P I'll probably be happy with whatever it is. (Except the Hot Dog cart- unless it has some AMAZING hot dogs, to do all this teasing for something like that would seem cruel)

• Like 7

For the Trademark stalkers, consider this.  There is a chance, that CF/KI could hold a contest for the new whatever, much like BGW did with Invadr.  I do hope, however, that if they do hold such contest, they put a term or condition that the Company reserves the right to re-name it, or take the second most popular choice in case people think it would be hilarious to pull some cretinous stunt like the voters in the UK did when naming the new experimental ship.  We REALLY dont need Coaster McCoastface.

All I'm saying is that my virtual park guests really seem to enjoy "Wooden Roller Coaster 1", so it obviously HAS TO work at a real park, right? :P

• Like 14