Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

If all we get out of this is a boring flat, I'm going to be disappointed.

Don't get too excited it could be anything. A flat may be boring compared to a Gaga/Woodie but it's a lot better than nothing. And KI could use a few more flats.

Well compared to Gaga most things are boring

• Like 10

Location of the Banshee Brew Festival this weekend!

Off subject, but what parts of the park are closed off for that? I'm assuming you can go everywhere you normally can, but just can't get anything unless you have the ticket. Sorry, not sure how it works.

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

• Like 1

Ummm not to rain on your parade but literally half that land is not usable in its current condition. The land by Beast practically turns into a swamp when it rains. You are also cutting out part of what makes The Beast so legendary, the secluded nature of the ride really adds.

• Like 8

To Sixohdieselrage,The Kite Eating Tree is 30 gigantic paces (20 foot strides) away from the teaser sign.... Lol :P

My original post was referring to RFYLCB and it's falling "trees".

I had another thought.... Since RFYLCB was once refurbished, I wonder if it could be extended into a longer more interactive log ride?

• Like 8

Sorry but this makes no sense at all, there is an existing power line directly to the left of your yellow line.  In the off chance they want to expand the power service you just string up another wire on the existing poles.  If you look closely at your picture you can see several of the poles for example there is one just above the large metal tower in the lower left, I can also see two on the left of the train shed.

Yeah I missed those poles and lines. Good catch. While my line went all the way to the substation, It could very well stop at the WWC power distribution point, and still be power for the new ride. Run new wires to WWC, then go through the newly cleared path through the woods. Or, if the poles are maxed out, they could need to run a whole new line.

Hard to tell really since we are looking at aerials from when SOB was still there. Even the nearmap latest doesn't show much. If anything it looks like the clearing is parallel to the old WWC path, but jagged. And of course that doesn't show survey markers. Hell, this could all be for drainage or taking out the ash trees because of the beetles. Nothing is off the table at this point. I'd love to walk through those woods and eyeball this all myself. It might make it more clear what they are doing. Of course if I had permission to do that, I probably would already know what they are doing. lol

But wouldn't survey makers be a different colour and not temporary?

Not necessarily. Survey markers are almost always temporary. As for color, I know that utilities use specific colors, but most the time survey crews just use pink flags for visibility. When I flag stuff out I usually just use whatever the place I'm buying them from has. 

An interesting fact.... Go to the sign that reads "Caution, watch for falling trees", after reading the sign, turn to your right, walk between 25 and 30 paces, then turn to your left, you can stand there and watch falling trees until the park closes for the day.

I've wondered that myself. The initial hint coupled with the log flume getting tore out rumors kinda suggests a new log flume. Something like Dudley's at IOA would be pretty epic if they wanted to theme it out properly. But you are right about what the signs could really mean. 

• Like 4

The site runs parallel to The Beast. It wouldn't take away from it seclusion. I hope for a "chicken" style fly-by along the straightaway before Beast's second lift hill. Two coasters dueling for moment in the back-woods sounds cool to me!

• Like 2

The site runs parallel to The Beast. It wouldn't take away from it seclusion. I hope for a "chicken" style fly-by along the straightaway before Beast's second lift hill. Two coasters dueling for moment in the back-woods sounds cool to me!

While that would be cool, I doubt they would do that. As multiple other people have said already, The Beast would lose its isolation, which is one of the biggest factors as to why the night rides are so legendary.

I think a more likely option would be to go out towards the water park and the fort, turning around, go all the way over by Diamondback, turn around again, dart along the ground and through the woods, and finally flying into the brakes. Hopefully the intensity and ejector airtime would be crazy.

• Like 4

Is it possible they are moving WWC power supply to underground? I don't know a lot about utilities but wouldn't they need to update the power lines eventually.

I'm glad to see WWC is getting some tlc although I'm biased because that was my home ride in 2003.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

flume ride kind of makes sense, with the rumors of RFYLCB leaving, the pictures posted of it, the new pumps for WWC (maybe they are not just new pumps, possibly higher capacity to support another ride?) I know RFYLCB stores its own water, maybe the new ride will pull from the WWC pond?

• Like 3

flume ride kind of makes sense, with the rumors of RFYLCB leaving, the pictures posted of it, the new pumps for WWC (maybe they are not just new pumps, possibly higher capacity to support another ride?) I know RFYLCB stores its own water, maybe the new ride will pull from the WWC pond?

Actually the pumps are inside the ride. If you look at the start of the turn table where the water is gushing out that is where the pumps are. There are 4 pumps total

• Like 1

13jrbc.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

With the name of The Grizzly still on the table, this site is perfect for a new coaster. Especially with the teaser about the key view of Diamondback. In my post above, there is plenty of space to build the ride while including a pass through(blue lines)of Diamondback.It might

It might work to go that direction, but there would need to be a ton core samples and depth samples to find the bed rock in that area. right behind the TRTR building and just beyond the turn around for Diamondback, are steep ravines. I do think the area is an untapped resource for future rides, but probably not any time soon.

• Like 4

The name Grizzly? Somebody probably saw it in the trademark list and wasn't aware it is a coaster at Kings Dominion, I guess.

The pumps/turbines? The spieler on the train said they were sitting out because they were being replaced. I can't account for the veracity of his information, but I did hear him say it. I got a picture of what I believe is one of the new ones:

f802c775fbbdf567ef7490dc8bcd323e.jpg

You'll notice the one on the right isn't covered in mud like the one next to it. Either they gave it the best cleaning ever, or it is new.

224cc003eba2848de3f55782a819e5d0.jpg

• Like 9

Where was it ever mentioned they were new pumps? The old ones are allowed to be pulled and get some love during the off season as well. Pumps also need preventative maintenance.

I think there was a photo of new pumps earlier in the tread.

• Like 2

With pumps/motors as large and as expensive as these, you don't normally replace them. You send them out and have them rebuilt. Part of doing so usually involves a fresh coat of paint.

You are looking at some serious cash sitting there.

• Like 6