Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

The Beast gets a new meaner brother named, The Grizzly!! A new record breaking coaster making its debut in 2017!

The Kings Parks already share enough ride names. (Delirium, WindSeeker, Flight of Fear, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Woodstock express, flying ace [kinda])

I wouldn't want to see another shared name between the two.

• Like 9

Screamscape posted a link with a video about the 2017 teaser. The site seems to think that a giga is a likely contestant. While I know Screamscape is a rumor hub of sorts and their sources can be unreliable at times, the site has predicted certain things correctly before. Most recently, I remember back in early February they predicted that Lightning Rod would not open in time.

• Like 4

Unfortunately, Screamscape depends on very unreliable sources for info. Theres no way he can be tied into enough sources to have good info everywhere. I've seen him post speculation that a place was getting a certain ride after it had already been proven that they were getting something else. Great site for a snapshot of the industry, but for individual parks, you will usually get better info from sites like this. 

• Like 12

When Banshee wasn't announced yet, I loved it how Screamscape thought that Kings Island would get an inverted coaster called Banshee. lol that was true, but then again it was a guess. Just what I think

Screamscape works on clicks, the more clicks he gets the more money he makes, I personally thought it was an invert from the start, also i love it how people are saying this isn't a coaster, as far as i know they don't put flat rides in the woods :P 

• Like 6

When Banshee wasn't announced yet, I loved it how Screamscape thought that Kings Island would get an inverted coaster called Banshee. lol that was true, but then again it was a guess. Just what I think

Screamscape works on clicks, the more clicks he gets the more money he makes, I personally thought it was an invert from the start, also i love it how people are saying this isn't a coaster, as far as i know they don't put flat rides in the woods :P
Then again it doesn't always mean it's even a flat ride. Or a ride at all. The rate at which they are clearing trees is after all somewhat minimal at this point for a coaster.
  • Like 4

I know it's only May, and Kings Island's only been open for 3 weeks, but come on, guys - can we get some sort of new hint? It's getting grueling reading all of these completely random and out of the blue rumors about 2017. It would be great for Don to stir up the pot a little bit and give us a diversion, at least. "Watch out for falling trees" is just getting old now...

• Like 6

I think they're more likely to be concentrating on advertising the BBF and making that a success this weekend (and next) than spending their PR time humoring us. Especially when Coasterstock is the third weekend, and their die-hard enthusiast audience will be so easily accessible....

Coasterstock already was awesome last year. I can't even imagine how great it is going to be this year, with the park having the experience under their belt of what worked and didn't at the first, and the added intrigue of whatever is going on in Rivertown! If you are interested and haven't bought your tickets yet, I can't give a resounding enough endorsement. There are still a few days left to buy and register!

• Like 11

There's likely still time to join a coaster club before the event. Many here are members of GOCC and/or Coaster Crew.

I'd suggest joining very soon to make sure that you get your membership card before the event. You might first want to confirm with your club of choice (via e-mail or social media post) that they can send your membership card in time, as attendees will be required to present their valid club card at check-in.

• Like 4

One option is to join ACE it takes a short time to get approved and while you will likely not have your plastic card once you are approved you can print a temporary one off the ACE website.

Also if you are an ACE member and you have a chance to visit a Six Flags park they have been offering some great deals.  Right now there is a coupon for a free ticket to the Six Flags park of your choice, and another coupon for 50% off tickets good for up to 4 people.

I suspect GOCC can get you a card quickly enough.

• Like 4

Legitimately not meaning to put anyone down when I say this:

If a thread goes off-topic around here, it's almost always because there's not much more to say on the original topic. At this point, there are the "falling trees" posters on the fence--and that's it. We've gone 55-ish pages on that alone, with many people predicting off that alone that we're getting a B&M giga or a GCI.

But nothing new has shown up at the park. So where else is this topic supposed to be going from here? All that can be done is more guessing/wishing--and that's great if that's what you're into, but that sort of thing is going to eventually derail into "off-topic" discussion. It's kinda inevitable, and there's not really a "proper" topic to discuss at this moment.

I guess where I'm going with this: enjoy the off-topic-ness. We'll swing back on topic when the park drops another hint. Hakuna matata! :)

• Like 28