Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I think it would be exciting to see B&M attempt a compact, intense roller coaster. My hope would be a couple of inversions, but I would also want the B&M clam-shell restraints. I don't know if it would be in B&M's best interest to have inversions on a coaster with clam-shells, but I'd really love that.

Clam shell restraints? You mean the restraints on older looping and inverted coasters such as Afterburn and Raptor right?

• Like 1

So in order for us to have a coaster in 2017, they would have to move Dinosaurs Alive to Rivertown AND start preparation for construction in Coney Mall.

I don't know, seems like a lot of work to do, and not a lot of time to do it.

Going with this theory, the giga would come in 2018.

• Like 1

So after talking with a friend from landscaping, his name is Ryan, coming this month(may) they have jobs where they are clearing both 'patches' and 'paths' throughout the wooded area in question. Also I know this was asked earlier in the thread but about 3 weeks ago KI renewed their contract with Dinosaurs Alive for an additional 4 years. i know it's not a lot but just thought I'd add to the discussion.

Ok, as theories go, this one makes a lot of sense. Move Dinosaurs Alive to Rivertown this year (or during the off-season). That seems to me to be a much better location than Coney Mall anyway, next to Planet Snoopy. That opens up the huge space behind The Racer for our much anticipated giga in 2018. That makes a ton of sense to me.

Based on what we are seeing, this makes more sense than anything else. Maybe squeeze a flat in there to be the "2017 addition" or even not have a 2017 addition and go all out for 2018.

Or hell, I guess they could already be doing site prep back behind Dinosaurs Alive and it not have been noticed yet and it could still be a 2017 giga.(Edit: at least as of March 22nd they haven't unless you count that mysterious dirt patch behind Banshee)

The fence and signs could just be a big diversion.

Edit two:

Actually, there's not a whole lot of clearing that needs to be done if they want to send it up towards the Banshee clearing. I deconstructed Leviathan and laid it in there and it fits in pretty well. Granted I don't know what the ground is like over there, but space and practicality-wise, it fits.

26763931192_0b206f325e_b.jpg

• Like 6

So after talking with a friend from landscaping, his name is Ryan, coming this month(may) they have jobs where they are clearing both 'patches' and 'paths' throughout the wooded area in question. Also I know this was asked earlier in the thread but about 3 weeks ago KI renewed their contract with Dinosaurs Alive for an additional 4 years. i know it's not a lot but just thought I'd add to the discussion.

At first I was thinking that if they did this most of the Dinosaurs would just have to be scrapped.  But I started looking at the satellite view of the park more and suddenly realized this could work and an advantage of doing it this way.  Entrance, ticketing, etc would be where the old funnel cake stand was.  I took a screenshot from Bing Maps and really quickly threw this together.

qywgoo.jpg

Would allow the park to use the back end of the picnic grove for Birthday parties etc next to the Dinosaurs and they would easily be able to have a second entrance which would be private just for people who are there for the party.

If this were to be done I would move the maintenance and storage buildings which are currently next to The Racer down where they have been moving the dirt around behind Banshee.  Opens up the entire corner of the park for expansion and allows a path to be built from X-Base over to where the current entrance to Dino's Alive is.

• Like 5

Throwing out something super random:

I thought I remembered them saying something about the White Water Canyon ride experience changing a bit. What if they decided to incorporate the Dinos as theming for the ride? It would solve the issues of kids climbing on and breaking the dinos, and would be like a cool Jurassic river experience.

I don't think this is actually happening, just daydreaming. But it could be kinda neat.

• Like 15

At first I was thinking that if they did this most of the Dinosaurs would just have to be scrapped.  But I started looking at the satellite view of the park more and suddenly realized this could work and an advantage of doing it this way.  Entrance, ticketing, etc would be where the old funnel cake stand was.  I took a screenshot from Bing Maps and really quickly threw this together.

qywgoo.jpg

Would allow the park to use the back end of the picnic grove for Birthday parties etc next to the Dinosaurs and they would easily be able to have a second entrance which would be private just for people who are there for the party.

If this were to be done I would move the maintenance and storage buildings which are currently next to The Racer down where they have been moving the dirt around behind Banshee.  Opens up the entire corner of the park for expansion and allows a path to be built from X-Base over to where the current entrance to Dino's Alive is.

• Like 1

Goodness...

How in the world do some of you come up with these things? Is there really any possible clue as to KI moving literally all of Dinosaurs Alive to Rivertown?

And I think we seem to forget the fence and "watch out for falling trees". Look, I know we are skeptical of Kings Island's PR department, but I highly doubt there'd be such a blatant teaser for a big upcoming ride -- and it end up being a quick moving of a trail with animatronic dinosaurs.

Next, you all will be saying they'll move Drop Tower. Oh, wait, I think that's actually already been said...

• Like 19

Yeah...I don't get these thoughts on stuff going in X-Base or Action Zone when the Rivertown shenanigans are kind of where all the diversions are at.  

Also, to those dismissing a giga so soon, lest we forget the already cleared area between Rivertown and Soak City along the train route.  Perhaps they might take a page from Cedar Point a la Magnum XL-200 and run a giga by the water park.  I'm not saying it'll absolutely be a giga, but its not completely out of the question either.  

Also, don't give me this crap about a woodie being too close to Beast or a giga too close to Diamondback.  I'm not buying it for a second.  Whatever the park has in mind, they're gonna do it.  

• Like 11

Yeah...I don't get these thoughts on stuff going in X-Base or Action Zone when the Rivertown shenanigans are kind of where all the diversions are at.  

di·ver·sion

(dĭ-vûr′zhən, dī-)n.

3. A maneuver that draws the attention of an opponent away from a planned point of action, especially as part of military strategy.

The diversions are exactly where they are supposed to be.
  • Like 3

Also, to those dismissing a giga so soon, lest we forget the already cleared area between Rivertown and Soak City along the train route.  Perhaps they might take a page from Cedar Point a la Magnum XL-200 and run a giga by the water park.  I'm not saying it'll absolutely be a giga, but its not completely out of the question either.  

Also, don't give me this crap about a woodie being too close to Beast or a giga too close to Diamondback.  I'm not buying it for a second.  Whatever the park has in mind, they're gonna do it.

Have you been on the train this year? No way are we getting a "giga".

^Why, might I ask? There may be a lot of clearing that we cannot see from the train, especially if it is back by Diamondback or hidden by WWC. Again, as I know it's been stated a ton of times, money gets things done quicker. Technically, KI has about 10 months from now to finish the coaster so that they'll have adequate time for testing. All this together makes me believe that anything is still possible. We cannot count anything out as of now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I agree with that, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to do it. There's still a very real possibility that a giga is coming. There's also a very real possibility it's not. Only a select few people know.

Back on the giga thing though, we honestly have no idea how far along the prepping is. Heck, there could be footings already down! It's just such a secluded and covered area that we can't tell much from the train or the webcams.

• Like 8

^Why, might I ask? There may be a lot of clearing that we cannot see from the train, especially if it is back by Diamondback or hidden by WWC. Again, as I know it's been stated a ton of times, money gets things done quicker. Technically, KI has about 10 months from now to finish the coaster so that they'll have adequate time for testing. All this together makes me believe that anything is still possible. We cannot count anything out as of now.

Can we at least count out a cowboy coaster

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

We could count out Intamin doing one, but I think we could see Mack or B&M try doing one. I mean Helix and Bluefire are considered great launch coasters. I think it is a smaller chance then the others simply because 2 very intense coasters in a row could cause problems.

• Like 3

Can we at least count out a cowboy coaster

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Cowboy coaster is the only coaster it can be.

My husband says to have footers poured in the woods there has to be a driveway for the cement trucks and I did not see any paths from the eifel tower tonight.

• Like 1