Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

^like I've been saying, it's so secluded that you might not be able to see anything. Plus, we already got a webcam picture of cement trucks going back there (most like for WWC but it shows they can go back there) and we don't know what's going on by the waterpark in terms of possible paths. And in all honesty, "cowboy coaster" is at max, #3 most likely, besides a giga and GCI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Goodness...

How in the world do some of you come up with these things? Is there really any possible clue as to KI moving literally all of Dinosaurs Alive to Rivertown?

And I think we seem to forget the fence and "watch out for falling trees". Look, I know we are skeptical of Kings Island's PR department, but I highly doubt there'd be such a blatant teaser for a big upcoming ride -- and it end up being a quick moving of a trail with animatronic dinosaurs.

Next, you all will be saying they'll move Drop Tower. Oh, wait, I think that's actually already been said...

We'll see...a theory is a theory. Moving Dino's to Rivertown to make room somewhere else is just as valid of a theory as anything else on here.

I have a question...what was the new attraction in 2008 and 2013? Not much in 2008 and I recall in 2013 the new attraction was a nice big gaping site where SOB used to be. What followed in each of those years? A gigantic new B&M. I'm not saying it's a formula, but it's not out of the question for the park to take a "year off" with new attractions to focus on something big the following year, even using the "off" year to prep the site for the next big one. To me a sprucing up of Rivertown and relocating Dino's is a valid theory for 2017.

I don't know if the activity in Rivertown is a diversion of some kind, but just because there's a fence with a sign, a few survey markers and sparse tree clearing does not necessarily equate to a giant coaster. They've already said they are renovating WWC, moving the entrance...etc. They have to put something up to keep people away from the area...a fence seems logical to me. It's not some elaborate diversion, just necessary for the work they are planning (which again doesn't always mean "huge coaster").

None of those who are postulating here really know anything. A theory is a theory. Looking at the physical evidence, this is one of those theories that makes sense.

• Like 2

This is my first post but my wife found something pretty cool. I have been following the trend and I'm pumped for whatever it is but on the interactive maps my wife found this yesterday take a look. Clearly the new path is where the wood and concrete are by the train but it doesn't account for the markers leading up to the pond by WWC and that doesn't account for the empty space that they have already cleared 2f91ae21aa5d246c8940ecdf3b58f5a2.jpg

• Like 3

The new entrance for WWC is already paved and is where the concrete is poured near the crypt entrance and would be the new walkway through the train which would be the new line for WWC it's updated on the maps at the park so it's showing where the new path would be which leaves it still wide open as to what the new attraction could be

• Like 3

World of Fun has a teaser history photo wall up,  showing some of the new stuff they've put in through the years.  Its not just of roller coasters like Cedar Point had up,  so that's the main difference between them.  I haven't heard of any other Cedar Fair park teasing yet for next year,  just KI and WoF.

• Like 7

Worlds of Fun has survey markers and a teaser wall. They are scheduled to get two of the European flat rides next year but there seems to be some belief that there may be more than just that coming. Apparently there are survey markers by Mean Streak at Cedar Point. There are also apparently markers out and around Great Canadian Minebuster up at Canada's Wonderland as well. Carowinds has survey markers where their five new flat rides are going next year. 

• Like 8

I don't know how to save snaps to post here, but if anyone can grab the two newest KI Snapchats, i think they are clues. One is again of RFYLCB saying "not sure if this or another flat ride in my future" followed by a picture of Diamondback with "Major (key) This view of Diamondback"

• Like 2

A new addition to Rivertown? Maybe a package of Flats, I still would love to see a Knotts themed Log Ride. It would bring back the theming to a World Class Park, a complete overhaul of Rivertown with two great coasters, maybe shops, and something to Rival Dollywood, and make it more Family additions, with hopefully much increased attendance, and a possible return of more a year round schedule. 

We can guess away but I think another big coaster addition would be somewhere else in the park. 

• Like 2

Here y'all go!

85adba895d5fc33ebc5e821b7439a9d2.jpg

9bfbba441988e2500eba58615faa850f.jpg

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

The thing about this is that they contradict each other. The first talks about a flat (obviously) but others like the one above does the "major key" thing with Diamondback. There are only a few flat rides that could interact with Diamondback, such as a log flume or a dark ride (if you believe they are flats), which just doesn't seem right to interact with a coaster as big and fast as Diamondback. I feel like only another coaster could really interact with it, which causes that paradoxical situation.

• Like 5