Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

That picture below DB seems to be stacked fencing from the old WWC queue. None of that was there yet last night when we rode the last train. They've been very busy beavers today!*

That blows my prediction that we wouldn't see much happening on days we can be at the park until weekday operations start. If they are paying crews to work weekends even when they have all week to work in obscurity, it suggests a certain amount of... urgency... to me.

I am positively salivating for Coasterstock at this point. If they don't at least tease us then, I'm going to be fully grey by the end of summer!

Edit: * new name idea: Beaverhawk. I need to start making a list ;)

• Like 15

Clearing has begun further!! Around WWC Resevoir and the Turntable. Saw a wood chipper. And a bobcat(but I couldn't take a photo of that since my phone ran out of space right at that picture. 0a631565fd4726ea983f342cac162059.jpg5aabc9c057e86a3705d34bfcb20fe2e5.jpgce3c72704e65ac6b5c5d78a88963d7bb.jpg8481581fe993fea33e026f000344077c.jpgf9d91b33e04bfaa0c4d2a0c0e52bef77.jpg5c0d3d6f4e7b84604eb8eb82c68c179e.jpgd50e1a7899f4d44e64dee968803bc495.jpg

They are going to need more than a bobcat & a chipper. The urgency could be to get the water ride ready for memorial weekend IMO.

• Like 2

Clearing has begun further!! Around WWC Resevoir and the Turntable. Saw a wood chipper. And a bobcat(but I couldn't take a photo of that since my phone ran out of space right at that picture.

Wait! You saw a bobcat? They are normally solitary creatures and to see one in the woods with all that noise happening is really surprising. 

:P

• Like 18

Clearing has begun further!! Around WWC Resevoir and the Turntable. Saw a wood chipper. And a bobcat(but I couldn't take a photo of that since my phone ran out of space right at that picture.

Wait! You saw a bobcat? They are normally solitary creatures and to see one in the woods with all that noise happening is really surprising.

:P

Yes. It wasn't doing anything except going over land by the Reservoir. I wish my phone didn't all of a sudden say it didn't have space. :/
  • Like 4

Interesting.

My grandparents owned a house over off of Twin Bridges Rd. in nearby Williamsburg. 

The State of Ohio bought their house (and many others around it), flooded the area, and the area as we know it is East Fork Lake today.

From what I was told, very few (if any) of those houses were demolished

Sorry to get off topic for a minute, but I wanted to add this to the conversation.

• Like 8

Here we see the solitary bobcat silently stalking a workman, from its shaded hiding place among the trees...

I actually saw the same bobcat carrying a whole (small) tree alongside Diamondback on one of my rides. Of course, I couldn't take a picture then.

They are stronger than they look! 

(Magenta Lizard, you just made me giggle so much. Love your post!)

• Like 9