Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Hey, Stashua, I couldn't tell from your pictures for sure, but it appears the fencing piles are set up in approximately the same staging area for WWC's new entrance path they're working on. Is the big pile of gravel (like in my bobcat pic) still there undisturbed too, or have they started using that to make the new path?

• Like 3

Not to sound naive, but shouldn't there be land cleared, prepped, concrete poured before a company starts making coaster track? Don't they do other work besides coaster track?

As that does seem logical, that wouldn't exactly be efficient. Making track actually takes a pretty decent amount of time considering the sheer size and amount of peices. Not even considering supports, and the transfer shed. Oh and paint. Around now would be the ideal time to start, that way when the time rolls around they can start shipping (which isn't really a factor considering the proximity between the two).

• Like 4

Here y'all go!

85adba895d5fc33ebc5e821b7439a9d2.jpg

9bfbba441988e2500eba58615faa850f.jpg

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

I don't think we can really use these as clues, as Snapchat is not the same type of social media site as Twitter or Facebook. While on Twitter/Facebook, businesses can link to their own website, promote themselves, interact with customers, and expand their reach. With Snapchat, though, all a business could really do is post pictures of what's happening and use that to promote their products. Snapchat doesn't have the ability to directly connect a user to a website. It's much different in that its capabilities are limited.

Anyway, the person running the park's Snapchat is probably not someone with information on the construction, and what's going on behind the fence. It's probably an intern (no, Don is not an intern) who is asked to promote the park to its Snapchat followers by posting pictures of its attractions and showing off the Kings Island experience. Using a term like 'major key' (DJ Khaled said it first) is most likely not in reference to the new construction.

Don is very good at his job, but his sole job is not to use every social media site to tease new attractions. The Batavia tweet possibly is a tease, but it came from his personal account.

• Like 7

Perhaps the picture of diamond back is saying the key to seeing what is happening is from riding it?

Well, maybe, but that picture was taken on the walkway behind the Eiffel Tower and next to BLSC. Anyone could take that picture if they wanted to.

(Except for this weekend, you need a Banshee Brew Festival ticket to be there)

• Like 4

Hey, Stashua, I couldn't tell from your pictures for sure, but it appears the fencing piles are set up in approximately the same staging area for WWC's new entrance path they're working on. Is the big pile of gravel (like in my bobcat pic) still there undisturbed too, or have they started using that to make the new path?

Yeah I believe so!

You're welcome.

There's something I want to add. If Kings Island is getting a giga next year, I wouldn't expect track/supports to be visible or ready for shipment for a few more months.

This picture was taken in August of 2011 when I lived in Mt. Orab. These are a couple of the many supports for Leviathan, the first of the B&M gigas for Cedar Fair.

69684d254c26382e9fff827bf9c228a2.jpg

• Like 9

Clearly they are taking a cue from the Kings Island Drive roadwork and got an idea - they are going to build a parallel lift hill of giga size on Diamondback that traverses into the wooded area being cleared and will reconnect to the exiting track just past where WWC new entrance is.  Once said giga lift hill is complete, they keep both lift hills in with a Firehawk-like track switcher and have existing Diamondback and Giga-Diamondback.  By alternating lift hills, it eliminates DiamondStack :P

• Like 8

The more I think about it, I feel like it will be a flat. But then I think why would they have markers all the way back? Then I start to think. Remember how they got rid of the Tombstone Terror-Tory train part? Maybe it is because they plan on having the Coaster go through that area, and they don't want it interfering with it. But it could also be as simple as the train making the line take longer. Idk. Ki is confusing me at this moment. Theres plenty of reasons you could think of why it will be a coaster, and why it wont... 

• Like 8

I don't want to quote as it would take up too much room, but I am going to respond to a reply on my post about how silly the Dinosaurs Alive! rumor sounds...

The aforementioned reply said that there were no new big additions in 2008 and 2013 in order to prepare for the big additions in 2009 (Diamondback) and 2014 (Banshee). So, this could easily be the case this year - moving DA! from Coney to Rivertown in order to make room for a giga in 2018. 

Yeah, sure. But I don't remember there being a so-obvious hint at a new attraction for whatever happened in 2008 and for the Reds Hall of Fame Grille in 2013. The fence is most definitely, 90% positive, teasing a big new attraction in 2017. I'm not saying it's a giga. It could be a cool new flat ride. But it is not simply a relocation of DA!. How dumb would that be, to tease us like this (in the same fashion as Banshee, with its fence), and it end up not even being for something in 2017. That's pointless. 

I posted earlier in this thread that everyone is allowed to speculate and have their own theories. I know, I came across as somewhat contradictory and rude with my ridiculing of it; but really, that DA! rumor came outta nowhere and has no validity except in the dreams of some enthusiast's mind.

Lest us not forget that "watch out for falling trees" is not just some random phrase they decided to put up on that fence. It has significance. I don't see how that can translate to a relocation of a dinosaur trail.

• Like 12

^ no but since it is right next to the log flume where logs/trees fall all day, it could have absolutely nothing to do with whatever they are doing in the woods.

And the DA rumor is at least plausible because what little tree cutting they are doing fits more with walking paths than it does any kind of ride path. And a major coaster fits more in the current DA location than where they are working now.

Nothing is ruled out at this point.

• Like 1