Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

It's actually really fun to go on water rides when it's cold. I used to always go on RFYLCB and WWC when it was below 60 degrees because it's a walk on and those rides usually always have a wait. I would have gone on RFYLCB today, especially if it was raining!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Hey, Terp, since I want an answer from someone who actually has a clue... and because I simply havent paid attention in the past... is the water trough fully drained simply because the ride is not operating on a given day?

Sparky, genuinely curious.

Given that the pumps make the water possible, it is conceivable, but not required, that water will not be present on days when the ride does not operate.

Terp, choosing his words with care.

• Like 10

The Log Flume's water drains out of the trough when not running.  It has its own reservoir which is the water under the trough.  Additionally it is possible for the Log Flume to run without any "show water" coming down the chute

• Like 9

It's likely possible for it to run without any water at all however you might want to hold on tight when it finishes coming down the hill and goes into that turn.

Edit. The Mile High Falls show water didn't operate due to a busted pipe.

• Like 6

Cedar Fair isn't known for indecent attractions.

Well, except "no limits" Haunt a few years back...

And this forum drank that Kool-Aid hard.

Amusement parks should never have "no limits" entertainment. Sexually charged heckling and distasteful displays of dead celebrities? Um no...

I bet Don hated having to push that crap. I'm sure he knew better.

Why did Cedar Fair, which was at least then ran by a very conservative family, bring that about?

• Like 7

I don't want to quote as it would take up too much room, but I am going to respond to a reply on my post about how silly the Dinosaurs Alive! rumor sounds...

The aforementioned reply said that there were no new big additions in 2008 and 2013 in order to prepare for the big additions in 2009 (Diamondback) and 2014 (Banshee). So, this could easily be the case this year - moving DA! from Coney to Rivertown in order to make room for a giga in 2018.

Yeah, sure. But I don't remember there being a so-obvious hint at a new attraction for whatever happened in 2008 and for the Reds Hall of Fame Grille in 2013. The fence is most definitely, 90% positive, teasing a big new attraction in 2017. I'm not saying it's a giga. It could be a cool new flat ride. But it is not simply a relocation of DA!. How dumb would that be, to tease us like this (in the same fashion as Banshee, with its fence), and it end up not even being for something in 2017. That's pointless.

I posted earlier in this thread that everyone is allowed to speculate and have their own theories. I know, I came across as somewhat contradictory and rude with my ridiculing of it; but really, that DA! rumor came outta nowhere and has no validity except in the dreams of some enthusiast's mind.

Lest us not forget that "watch out for falling trees" is not just some random phrase they decided to put up on that fence. It has significance. I don't see how that can translate to a relocation of a dinosaur trail.

We'll see. Personally I have not seen any physical evidence that points to a "major" new attraction for 2017. I think a relocation of Dino's with a sprucing up of Rivertown is certainly as valid a theory as jamming a giga coaster into that space.

It was just a thought. If they do jam a giga into that space and can have it open by 2017, I would be completely satisfied...elated even.

• Like 6

RFYLCB had water flow around 10 this morning. It was dry when we rode Diamondback for ERT, had water flowing down the drop when we got off the gliders and walked over to FOF, but was dry again when we looped back around that side of the park at about 11. I didn't stick around long enough to see if any boats were being cycled through when the waters were raging though.

ETA: speaking of water, I thought I remembered an interesting thread bump back in the dark days of winter but it took me a while to track it down: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/21-warren-county-advises-pki-to-ask-mason/

Whether this applies to the doings on River town, filling up our fabulous new slide complex, or something else entirely...I wouldn't even begin to speculate.

• Like 2

Nothing quite like riding the rails through a forest of dinosaurs, seeing that there's a huge time span of 60+ billion years in which dinosaurs last roamed this great land of ours and in which travel and shipment of goods by rail was conceived.

At Cedar Point? Substitute train for an Intamin gigacoaster.

At Carowinds? A B&M invert and a B&M hypercoaster.

I don't see why they'd move Dinosaurs Alive from where it is currently. Just my two cents.

• Like 3

I feel like moving the dinos would be a huge waste of money, I mean the themed gift shop is already there, there's that pathway through the whole thing with all the footprints stamped in it and everything, etc..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

About the whole thing with the flume, if could've easily been something as simple as staffing shortages, or to something more major like a busted pipe like Mile High. We don't know. Wait until Friday to see if it's back in operation or not.

• Like 5