Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I can think of 4 Cedar Fair parks that operate Top Spins. If one really wanted to get on one the closest would probably be KD. Not to mention it seems like almost every Six Flags park has one also. They aren't that hard to find.

• Like 1

I personally think Don's "Major Key" snapchat wasn't referencing DB's lift hill. I think its referencing the splashdown... I'm still not convinced KI is getting a coaster, I think it's more likely KI will get a flat. As I stated earlier, keep a close eye on Dorney Parks removed Screamin Swing. (Sorry for the double post. Internet is acting up.)

Knott's removed their Screamin Swing last year, CF may just be removing them, kinda like they've done with most of their HUSS Top Spins. When rides start becoming problematic they tend to just close all of them to prevent future issues..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

If all the Screamin Swings disappear I will be really sad. That's one of my absolute favorite rides.

I wouldn't look too much into this trend yet. Both of the Screamin Swings that CF has removed have been the small 8-person capacity model. I would bet that the big 40-person models at Valleyfair and The Point are safe.

• Like 4

I personally think Don's "Major Key" snapchat wasn't referencing DB's lift hill. I think its referencing the splashdown... I'm still not convinced KI is getting a coaster, I think it's more likely KI will get a flat. As I stated earlier, keep a close eye on Dorney Parks removed Screamin Swing.

They sure removed Hangtime too, look what replaced that

Honestly have any Top Spins been removed from any CF park besides KI for obvious reasons?

And looking into it there are actually 5 haha. Crypt- KD, Riptide- KBF and VF, Thunderbolt- WOF, and Firefall-CGA

Worlds of Fun and Knotts removed theirs this season. The parks that still have HUSS Top Spins (or one of the variants) are California's Great America, Kings Dominion, and Valleyfair. Canada's Wonderland has a similar ride, but it's from Mondial, not HUSS.

The one at Worlds of Fun was awful--I think the seats are sized for children under the age of 10--but the rest are Suspended Top Spins that I dearly hope stay around. I've only ridden The Crypt at Kings Dominion, but it's legitimately a fun ride for me.

• Like 6

I think - no, actually, I know - the "major key" Snapchat is simply an attempt from KI to appeal to the younger generation, referencing DJ Khaled's Snapchat stories. Seriously. That's all it is. 

http://www.techinsider.io/dj-khaleds-snapchat-key-emoji-2016-1

Move along now.

Edit: I realize this has already been said. Oh well, I'll say it again.

• Like 9