Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I think the picture of the "major key" that showed the splashdown could hint a dive coaster. Griffon at BGW has a splashdown and has a 200ft+ drop like DB as seen in the picture

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think Cedar Fair would do that with Valravn just opening. I feel like they'd rather have their newest, biggest dive coaster to draw people in CP instead of building a newer one just to the south of it.

• Like 9

Major Key

DJ Khaled

This thread is starting to move in circles  ;)

"Khaled" backwards, sounds similar to "Dalek" so clearly, these tweets must mean that we're getting a Doctor Who ride. Hypothesis confirmed! (sarcasm, lest anyone without a sense of humor think I have insider knowledge... I've seen people take more absurd things as fact)

I really hope you did not just vandalize Wikipedia to get that. :)

If all you need are screenshots, you can use your browser's developer console to vandalize your locally cached version of ANY web page even if it isn't normally editable, so there's that too.

• Like 10

I think the picture of the "major key" that showed the splashdown could hint a dive coaster. Griffon at BGW has a splashdown and has a 200ft+ drop like DB as seen in the picture

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think Cedar Fair would do that with Valravn just opening. I feel like they'd rather have their newest, biggest dive coaster to draw people in CP instead of building a newer one just to the south of it.

If we were say under Kinzel, I could definitely believe that, but Cedar Fair has been shown to be unafraid to break Cedar Point records, Fury 325 ring a bell?

• Like 3

^Yes, but how much time was between Fury 325 and I305 (3 years?). I agree they would do that, but only if the parks were further apart. Giga or wing coaster seem like the best choices as the last wing for a Cedar Fair park was GK, and the last giga was Fury. Since Fury, however, is a much farther distance from KI, a giga, albeit only 2 years since the last one, would be likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Fury and I305 are also 2 incredibly different experiences, despite both being gigas. They really have nothing in common apart from both being 300+ ft tall and going 90+ mph.

Edit: we also don't know if Holiday World paid for exclusivity with Thunderbird. So a wing *may* be out of the question. If they bought it, it was probably with their Pilgrim's Plunge credits.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Using a credit... that may or may not exist.... from INTAMIN, to pay for exclusivity on a roller coaster from B&M. Huh, learn something new every day here.

That's why we're getting a cowboy coaster.

Edit: sometimes I wonder if my excessive use of sarcasm makes people think I'm serious and just makes me look dumb in return.

• Like 12

Fury and I305 are also 2 incredibly different experiences, despite both being gigas. They really have nothing in common apart from both being 300+ ft tall and going 90+ mph.

That doesn't mean the giga KI could potentially be the exact same. I've heard Leviathon and Fury are two completely different experiences, even though they are both B&M.

On a side note, I've never been on a dive coaster, but from what I've heard, they are all very similar experiences, even though they have different t layouts.

• Like 3

I really hope you did not just vandalize Wikipedia to get that. :)

If all you need are screenshots, you can use your browser's developer console to vandalize your locally cached version of ANY web page even if it isn't normally editable, so there's that too.

That was actually my first thought, and would be my approach to doing something like that. :) I didn't even think of using Wikipedia's preview function until he (indirectly) mentioned it.

• Like 4

That doesn't mean the giga KI could potentially be the exact same. I've heard Leviathon and Fury are two completely different experiences, even though they are both B&M.

On a side note, I've never been on a dive coaster, but from what I've heard, they are all very similar experiences, even though they have different t layouts.

Leviathan and Fury are two completely differences as are Leviathan and Behemoth, as well as  Intimidator and Fury 325.

• Like 4

I liked both Fury 325 and Intimidator 305. Fury 325 overall is the better coaster in my opinion. Intimidator 305, hands down, the most intense I've ridden.

I didn't grey out on Fury 325. Rode I-305 six times back to back when I was at Kings Dominion in 2014. It took until lap # 6 for me not to grey out.

• Like 5

The different elements and overall layout on Fury 325 are better in my opinion. The first drop on Fury 325 is pretty amazing, one of my favorites.

The drop on Intimidator 305 is amazing. It's steeper than Fury 325. The airtime hill that goes under the lift hill is amazing.

Each one provides a unique experience, however Fury 325 is more interactive with the guest experience. The theming is better as well, I think.

It's difficult for me to pick favorites, it's definitely a close one between the two.

• Like 6

Why was fury 325 better in your oppinion if I 305 was the most intense coaster you have ridden?

More intense=/=better. I305 is fast and very forceful, but it's short and pretty lacking in airtime. Fury is more diverse, has great airtime and just a more well rounded coaster.

• Like 9

I have not ridden Fury but I have ridden I305, Leviathan and Millennium Force, along with Diamondback, Intimidator, and Behemoth, and each coaster is different, and provides,different G forces, I305 was quite forceful compared to the B&M coasters which focus on airtime but the B&M Giga's showcase speed and give an overall different experience during the ride

• Like 2

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if there were no top spins......

Blasphemy! HUSS makes/made iconic attractions and every time one goes down is a huge loss. I'm still mourning the loss of all the HUSS Rainbows. (Topple Tower excluded, those are junk)

• Like 4

Fury 325 may be the best ride I've ever experienced. the first drop feels like its never ending. 

Regardless of what KI gets, I'm glad Carowinds received that much needed addition!

Doesn't all "giga" coasters feel like the drop will never end? I don't see much difference between 300-320'.

• Like 2

Fury 325 may be the best ride I've ever experienced. the first drop feels like its never ending.

Regardless of what KI gets, I'm glad Carowinds received that much needed addition!

Doesn't all "giga" coasters feel like the drop will never end? I don't see much difference between 300-320'.

I guess you could say that yes; I just really enjoyed Fury.

The decent angle, pull-out radius, train styles, etc........

Not all Giga coasters exert the same forces or ride experience..

• Like 9

KI will have to put in something pretty darn amazing for me to remove "The Cowboy Coaster" as my all time favorite Coaster. I don't see that happening but you never know.

Maverick is also one of my top all time favourites, it's just amazing. (Front Left seat though)

• Like 6

What Mantis^^ said. Plus Fury has a chain where Millie and I305 have the faster cable lifts, and I like that it crawls over the top and takes longer to fall than the Intamins.

• Like 3