Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

My husband says they work with this intamin company anyways. To order spare parts, etc.

They do order parts from them, but I believe that is the extent of their relationship as of today. This doesn't mean that they are on good terms though. Parts are needed for former coasters and does not mean that they will buy new coasters from them in the future.

On a side note, they need all the parts because their coasters are always breaking down!

• Like 8

I have a really strange feeling this is what KI is getting in Rivertown.

(Pic of Gerstlauer Sky Roller)

I would love that as well, but why would clearing have begun in April and extend as far back as it does? They could easily have waited until after the park was closed in November and still put one of those up by Opening Day 2017.
  • Like 6

I'm also curious as to whether CF would purchase another one after just buying their first, I feel like they'd want to wait a season to see how guests like it, how reliable it is, etc..being from Gerstlauer, those things can't be cheap. And Canada's Wonderland is often like their "testing ground" for flats.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I mean, it was in a different era under different management, so as always, past behavior doesn't always help predict the future... But they did buy five WindSeekers when the ride had literally never been installed at any other park and having no idea whether it would be popular with guests.

• Like 6

I think it would be a PR disaster to act like we are getting a major ride and have it be something like a WindSeeker.

I agree to an extent. It would be a bad idea, but there could be a couple ways that disaster could be averted. For example, if multiple flats were installed, it wouldn't be that big of a problem. However, many people would be upset if no coaster came. (Many people will be upset no matter what though)

• Like 6

I'm also curious as to whether CF would purchase another one after just buying their first, I feel like they'd want to wait a season to see how guests like it, how reliable it is, etc..being from Gerstlauer, those things can't be cheap. And Canada's Wonderland is often like their "testing ground" for flats.

I mean, it was in a different era under different management, so as always, past behavior doesn't always help predict the future... But they did buy five WindSeekers when the ride had literally never been installed at any other park and having no idea whether it would be popular with guests.
This is true, my thought was more of "let's not have a repeat of WindSeeker." Because they don't seem to be extremely popular, and suffer from a lot of downtime, and I feel like they'd want to be more cautious this time around. Just a thought.

• Like 5

I'd love to see a camelback hill that goes beyond straight up on the ascent and beyond straight down on the descent if you can imagine. How it might feel on a coaster might be a different story!

that's called a top hat XD. See full throttle
  • Like 4

Another thing. No offense but some of you guys are sounding like spoiled kids. "If it's not a roller coaster I'm going to be really mad"...

Seriously? Kings Island is one of the top parks in the US; in the past few years they have gotten some great park improvements, a giant roller coaster, a great flat ride, and a new amazing water slide complex. Now people are going to be MAD if KI doesn't get a new coaster? Even though it would be extremely unusual for KI to get a new coaster so early in the first place...

Again, no offense, but Banshee is still pretty new, and you guys are already expecting KI to make another GIANT investment just 3 years later.

This rant is sponsored by: your mom

• Like 12

Why would that mean it's the "last day this dog ain't surfin for a few months"? Wouldn't it mean it would be " surfin" more, since daily operation?

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

It's saying it is the last day it WONT be surfing. It's not surfing today because the park isn't open and today will be the last day of that for awhile

• Like 10

You call others childish for sharing their views, and then you drop this golden nugget.  Brilliant.

Also... what is wrong with getting our hopes up? We all do it. There's also nothing wrong with being let down. It's part of life. I'm also sure most of us will accept any addition made to the park.

• Like 5

Another thing. No offense but some of you guys are sounding like spoiled kids. "If it's not a roller coaster I'm going to be really mad"...

Seriously? Kings Island is one of the top parks in the US; in the past few years they have gotten some great park improvements, a giant roller coaster, a great flat ride, and a new amazing water slide complex. Now people are going to be MAD if KI doesn't get a new coaster? Even though it would be extremely unusual for KI to get a new coaster so early in the first place...

Again, no offense, but Banshee is still pretty new, and you guys are already expecting KI to make another GIANT investment just 3 years later.

I won't be mad if it's not a coaster. I would be disappointed. Everyone here has an idea of what they wish it to be and everyone will experience some level of disappointment of its not what they hope.

• Like 8

Why would that mean it's the "last day this dog ain't surfin for a few months"? Wouldn't it mean it would be " surfin" more, since daily operation?

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

The post above yours would be correct.

Tommorrow marks the first day of daily operations, hence the remark that he ain't surfin'

Snoopy's gonna be one tired pup come September.

EDIT: a little slow on the draw.

• Like 6

I'd love to see a camelback hill that goes beyond straight up on the ascent and beyond straight down on the descent if you can imagine. How it might feel on a coaster might be a different story!

that's called a top hat XD. See full throttle

I don't think that's what KI Guy is talking about. Yes, Full Throttle has a top hat, but the ascent of that top hat is not beyond straight up, nor is its descent beyond straight down. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a single coaster that goes beyond straight up, only beyond straight down.

• Like 3