Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Another thing. No offense but some of you guys are sounding like spoiled kids. "If it's not a roller coaster I'm going to be really mad"...

Seriously? Kings Island is one of the top parks in the US; in the past few years they have gotten some great park improvements, a giant roller coaster, a great flat ride, and a new amazing water slide complex. Now people are going to be MAD if KI doesn't get a new coaster? Even though it would be extremely unusual for KI to get a new coaster so early in the first place...

Again, no offense, but Banshee is still pretty new, and you guys are already expecting KI to make another GIANT investment just 3 years later.

This rant is sponsored by: your mom

I would've been right with ya on that except for 2 things.

1) you're comin off just as brash as the people your criticizing.

2) A mom joke? Really? We're not 5 years old.

Not to mention how offensive that is to folks around here who don't have their mom anymore.

• Like 14

Another thing. No offense but some of you guys are sounding like spoiled kids. "If it's not a roller coaster I'm going to be really mad"...

Seriously? Kings Island is one of the top parks in the US; in the past few years they have gotten some great park improvements, a giant roller coaster, a great flat ride, and a new amazing water slide complex. Now people are going to be MAD if KI doesn't get a new coaster? Even though it would be extremely unusual for KI to get a new coaster so early in the first place...

Again, no offense, but Banshee is still pretty new, and you guys are already expecting KI to make another GIANT investment just 3 years later.

This rant is sponsored by: your mom

Correction:  This rant is sponsored by:  my mom

• Like 3

You should have been here during the 2010-2011 off-season; people were about to start wielding pitchforks and torches after the double whammy of teasers leading to a mid-February announcement of an upcharge walk-through attraction and the delayed opening of a prototype flatride. Not to mention the park's Facebook fan page becoming more irate with the (in)decision being made on another GIANT investment and their frustrations on the previous season's kiddieland overhaul with an IP they argued wasn't well-known to children (despite the fact that a mere 20% of the rides in the former Nickelodeon Universe were based off of shows that are still on the air).

Just remember, they aren't mad if they don't get a coaster...they're just mad if they don't get the "crown jewel" of coasters.

• Like 9

They just did one of the major key snaps of Firehawk. Should pretty much squash the thought that the Diamondback snaps had anything to do with the new ride.

Maybe these "keys" will make up some of what the new ride will have? The Diamondback ones show the drop, and the splashdown. I have not seen the Firehawk snap yet, but possibly flying?

• Like 1

They just did one of the major key snaps of Firehawk. Should pretty much squash the thought that the Diamondback snaps had anything to do with the new ride.

Maybe these "keys" will make up some of what the new ride will have? The Diamondback ones show the drop, and the splashdown. I have not seen the Firehawk snap yet, but possibly flying?

*coughs* keyholes

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Key holes for a wing Coaster

For about the 8 millionth time. The park's Snap Chat is filled with various bits of "hip millenial" social media lingo. The "major key" thing is nothing more than an attempt to gear the Snap Chats toward that specific audience. It's got nothing to do with keyholes or splash downs or ride interactions.

http://time.com/4172848/dj-khaled-keys-to-success/

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/22/arts/music/for-dj-khaled-snapchat-is-a-major-key-to-success.html

http://www.theroot.com/blogs/the_grapevine/2016/01/dj_khaled_is_taking_over_snapchat_one_major_key_alert_at_a_time.html

There's also Urban Dictionary if you're interested in further explanation. I won't link to that though since this is a family friendly site.

• Like 11

*coughs* keyholes

For about the 8 millionth time. The park's Snap Chat is filled with various bits of "hip millenial" social media lingo. The "major key" thing is nothing more than an attempt to gear the Snap Chats toward that specific audience. It's got nothing to do with keyholes or splash downs or ride interactions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/22/arts/music/for-dj-khaled-snapchat-is-a-major-key-to-success.html

http://www.theroot.com/blogs/the_grapevine/2016/01/dj_khaled_is_taking_over_snapchat_one_major_key_alert_at_a_time.html

There's also Urban Dictionary if you're interested in further explanation. I won't link to that though since this is a family friendly site.

This is your opinion; unless you work for the park, you do not know that this is a fact. You are stating it as if it was a fact.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but I do think that should be noted. It could be a clue, or it could be what you are referring to. 

• Like 4

*coughs* keyholes

This is your opinion; unless you work for the park, you do not know that this is a fact. You are stating it as if it was a fact.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but I do think that should be noted. It could be a clue, or it could be what you are referring to.

Or stirring the pot to get retweets, likes, etc.

It's not a clue. It's a reference to DJ Khaled. That's it.

They also posted a snap referencing Adele today. 

They do things like this a lot.

It's not a clue.

If it was a clue, then we need to take the Adele reference as a clue too.

• Like 8

The Snapchat is NOT run by Don, however I can't remember the name of the employee who does run it. Just wanted to put that out there because I remember some people were unsure if it was him, or someone else.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

*coughs* keyholes

Why so serious? (In Heaths joker voice)!

• Like 3

You should have been here during the 2010-2011 off-season; people were about to start wielding pitchforks and torches after the double whammy of teasers leading to a mid-February announcement of an upcharge walk-through attraction and the delayed opening of a prototype flatride. Not to mention the park's Facebook fan page becoming more irate with the (in)decision being made on another GIANT investment and their frustrations on the previous season's kiddieland overhaul with an IP they argued wasn't well-known to children (despite the fact that a mere 20% of the rides in the former Nickelodeon Universe were based off of shows that are still on the air).

Just remember, they aren't mad if they don't get a coaster...they're just mad if they don't get the "crown jewel" of coasters.

So they do teasers for non coasters? Interesting.

• Like 1

It does no good to tell someone they are wrong about what a clue means, or whether something is a clue or not. Frankly, none of us knows for sure.

It is best to present the reasons why you think something does or doesn't mean something, and/or draw your own conclusions, without attempting to control the flow. If your reasons are good, people may believe you. If they don't, oh well.

The fun of things now is the wild unfettered speculation anyway. Eventually we'll know more, but not until we're told.

I personally never thought the Snapchats meant anything. To me, it was clearly not Don (I was a little surprised when I discovered that wasn't obvious to everyone) and seemed to be coming from someone who knew nothing more about what is going on than the rest of us. But, if others either believe or want to believe they have meaning, by all means, decipher away!

I'm really looking forward to getting my eyes on the situation at the park again tomorrow. So far, the best clues we have are what we can see from the train.

• Like 15

What's a cowboy coaster? Only thing on Google by that name is an alpine coaster in Jackson....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy...it's pretty much become a running joke because Beast Gal couldn't remember the name of Maverick, and she called it "the cowboy coaster." So now Maverick is the cowboy coaster.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I still believe that it will be a giga. This idea is as if you were standing on the platform for the railroad train. The coaster station sits to the right of the train station and on the other side of the tracks. Queue line begins where the old funnel cake stand used to be and crosses the train tracks where WWC crossing bridge was. A new underground tunnel will allow riders to walk safely under the train tracks(also built to withstand more years than the wooden bridge for WWC. although it was replaced in spots it was still old enough to go) and will be disguised with the usual Rivertown "mining" theme. The coaster pulls out of the station to the right (towards the waterpark) and a quick left turn sends the cars into the lift hill. The lift hill goes up over the right side of WWC(reason for the clearing in those areas and the markers seen on the train ride update videos located after the bridge by WWC. Parallel to the building used to store the trains) cresting to the right of the train in the clearing after the bridge. It dives deep into the valley and rolls into some record breaking elements in the space between the waterpark and The Beast. Dipping down in between the 4th and 6th hill of Diamondback, we see the classic double helix in the space directly behind the tomb raider building. Passing back under the DB hills making a right turn, dipping and diving through the trees, into a splashdown(a revamped overflow pond for WWC) before pulling back into the station.

This is just my thought/desire of what will go into that space. For all we know it could be CAMP SNOOPY, a campground INSIDE the park. Until we get more clues my mind will run wild! Feel free to pick this idea apart. I know its coming...

• Like 5