Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

With how small the area of interest is, I'm starting to believe if it is a coaster that maybe they are taking their time on prepping the land to save money. This might not be something that's completed till 2018 if that's the case. 

I'm sure it won't take Billy Bob and Bubba long to clear out that area :rolleyes:

They're just a couple guys doing their job. Why snark on them?

Or did your husband know them and tell you their names?

• Like 19

The new markers appear orange to me.

This isn't going to be a very popular notion, but I'm becoming less and less convinced this is the beginnings of a new coaster. The work next to Diamondback appears to be almost certainly the new entrance and exit for WWC. They've ripped out more trees paralleling the train station/next to the old WWC path, but that could be for an extended WWC queue, because it needs a long one on hot days.

The only thing still making me think this is possibly anything more than the obvious WWC work is the "teaser" signs.

• Like 10

It has been a while since I've posted, but I visited Carowinds for the first time yesterday. While I'm totally on team wooden, it isn't stopping me from trying to devise a plan on how to bring Fury back home with me! It was incredible and would be a stellar addition to KI! The only similarity it shared with Diamondback is manufacturer and restraints! It certainly is not boring and mild!

• Like 12

A few pages back there was an birds eye view of the construction area with dots where flags are. Can anyone do this again and add the new flags/markers on it?

I was trying to do this, but there's so many in the area by the train station now that I was just getting frustrated trying to plot them all out. Also in the open field on the left side of the train past Diamondback where those old footers are, I saw some pink markers on the ground, but they weren't attached to stakes. I'm not sure if they were stray ribbons that blew over or the markers fell.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Here is an excerpt from the book I am currently reading that gives some insight:

"Designing an entirely new coaster concept may take as long as three to four years while a medium-sized wooden may be designed in as few as nine months." the book goes on to give a timeline of a coaster installation, and through out, it details a wooden coaster taking significantly less time overall to install.

source: Coasters 101: An Engineer's Guide to Roller Coaster Design

If its in a parking lot I would think. Does it mention how long to clear a forest? :rolleyes:

"Survey: A week or two of surveying the lay of the land and plotting out where the foundations will go.

Foundations: two to four months of digging and pouring the foundations, after which they must set to cure for a period of time."

source: Coasters 101: An Engineer's Guide to Roller Coaster Design

http://rec.roller-coaster.narkive.com/A1V6hkCu/why-do-you-call-it-plug-n-play-woodie

boom

What's your point?

DB, not knowing what caused the sound effect

• Like 8

It was discussed before, but c'mon, that would be a PR disaster if Kings Island decided to completely troll us. Especially with all these other teasers like the "they will come" tweet. No way would they risk ticking off a ton of enthusiasts and maybe even some of the GP over some laughs. It may not be a giga but I highly doubt it's solely the new entrance for WWC they're working on.

• Like 7

This is the same PR team that trolled us into thinking something was happening with Racer at the end of last year.

I wonder if they can use those Intamin credits to squeeze an El Toro clone in there?

Oh gosh please no. I'd rather a gci...
  • Like 2

^ *Correction*

One user's unsubstantiated husband's unsubstantiated claim

DB playing the part of the troll this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to know where her husband gets his information...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 7

This is the same PR team that trolled us into thinking something was happening with Racer at the end of last year.

I wonder if they can use those Intamin credits to squeeze an El Toro clone in there?

That was pretty funny though. And it ended on a happy note, not a sad one. Trolling us by teasing The Racer leaving and it end up not leaving, instead getting new toll booths and a waterslide complex; much different that hyping up a potential new big attraction and basically lying to us.

• Like 9

Sometimes I think many of you purposely downplay your expectations or the expectations of others to amplify the surprise when it is revealed, for kicks, or to protect against disappointment.

Based off of what we've seen so far I would say this is some kind of tracked ride (coaster/flume) with a coaster more likely.

1. Preparations and teasing started early.

2.This is not the clear cutting needed for flat rides or a large dark ride or area expansion.

3. 3 year gap between coasters is reasonable.

4. Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World are more competitive with KI than they have been in many years, if ever.

• Like 14

Oh gosh please no. I'd rather a gci...

You're drunk.