Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I am not an engineer but I know that for a wooden coaster the base is a lot wider than the track. With the narrow openings vertical supports like on my cowboy coaster takes up the less space.

I agree, and I also agree Intamin track is slimmer (or at least appears that way) than B&M, but if a coaster is at great heights, it doesn't need much space cleared.

• Like 3

^what

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I think he/she was referring to Fury 325.....?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

....and I'm not sure how to interpret the rest. Channeling our beloved @Interpreter for this one.

*runs for the door and sees it slam on his face*

• Like 6

a Sometimes it is best to remain silent and let people think you are a fool than to start posting utter nonsense and remove all doubt.

b. Some are pure trolls, trying to elicit a reaction by whatever means necessary. Probably best to ignore them, however hard that may be.

c. That which is occurring in the park will intensify as the answer clearly reveals itself--some will be in utter shock and surprise--others will not. And the park will be pleased. At least it hopes so.

• Like 33

Hey everyone. It has been a long time since I have posted, but I always lurk in the background reading.

A few weeks ago I was riding the train and the announcer said that they were currently renovating WWC and when it reopens on Memorial Day weekend the new changes would be significantly noticeable. I'm not sure what that meant, but I thought I would share.

I also went to KI Friday and rode the train. Lots of new stuff going on around there. I really hope for a new coaster, but by the looks of it, I'm just not sure. I definitely hope though. I did get a pretty good view through the trees of what appears to be part of possibly the new path.

• Like 7

Oh gosh please no. I'd rather a gci...

Have you ever ridden El Toro?

It's definitely a structure of some kind... Remember this all started with Mr. Sheid's tweet about blueprints.

Blueprints are used for a lot of things. Including new paths for existing rides, new funnel cake stands, new game buildings, etc.

Someone talked about PR trolling is with The Racer last year. That's false. A user within the group enthusiasts started that rumor and it spread like a California wildfire.

Anyways.

Back to hiding since I can no longer wage an opinion.

No, the park clearly posted pictures of The Racer when talking about their 2016 announcement. People made assumptions based off of that and others fueled the fire. But the park pr team was clearly part of the trolling.

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/633720491895877632

They also posted another pic of The Racer on Instagram. The PR team has been known to post stuff in response to stuff that goes on on this board. Call it trolling or call it good PR, or whatever. It happens.

Edit: https://www.instagram.com/p/6igkolOOKX/

• Like 8

c. That which is occurring in the park will intensify as the answer clearly reveals itself--some will be in utter shock and surprise--others will not. And the park will be pleased. At least it hopes so.

Maybe the 'surprise' and 'shock' won't be the type of ride the park gets, but the removal of the Log Flume.

• Like 3

a Sometimes it is best to remain silent and let people think you are a fool than to start posting utter nonsense and remove all doubt.

b. Some are pure trolls, trying to elicit a reaction by whatever means necessary. Probably best to ignore them, however hard that may be.

Try being a psych major reading this thread.  Some of the leaps of individual logic in some people astound me.

All I'll say about the clues is this- most clues that KI PR has put out in the past has been quite literal, nothing that needed to be super encrypted or over interpreted. 

• Like 11

I'm not saying it is a coaster, because I really do not know, but why rule it out. Kings Island just opened roughly a month ago. Give it some time. Quick story, when I went to Carowinds in July of 2014, I don't even remember seeing concrete for footings yet. Relax. August will be here before you know it. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 9

This discussion has almost come to a complete stop this weekend. If there isnt some progress with clearing this week I think I'm going to officially jump off the rollercoaster bandwagon on this this one. I realize not every Coaster if constructed at the same time frame, but at this point in the season not only did Banshee and Diamondback have their areas cleared, they also both had footers poured. Maybe and hopefully I am wrong, but the rate of construction on this project doesn't point to a coaster to me anymore.

• Like 4

Hopefully it's not. I don't have anything against B&M. I love Banshee and Diamondback but I would like to see something a little different from Mack or RMC maybe. I don't think that will happen. B&M seems to be Cedar Fairs go to company right now. But I guess it depends on what exactly their looking for.

• Like 2