Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Just another SC Story by (I think) an intern that is not really special, nothing to worry about.

And Terpy is right, I read somewhere that was going to happen but I think Cedar Fair stopped it from happening.

I don't even want to think of how a 'Decoding Terpy' thread would go.  :wacko:

Though, I think it would end up with anyone involved with said thread going to Putz's.  

That would be hilarious, and a short drive for me when I start driving! And after said Putzs we would all drive back up to KI and have fun FUN! :)

• Like 8

Hey guys. New to the site here. I am a Cedar Point fan boy but also grew up on going to  Kings Island. I really hope its a coaster in 2017......Ohio is the capitol of Roller Coaster! Also does anyone have news on Maverick since the Valley? Is it open? I'm heading up on Wednesday!

• Like 5

Hey guys. New to the site here. I am a Cedar Point fan boy but also grew up on going to Kings Island. I really hope its a coaster in 2017......Ohio is the capitol of Roller Coaster! Also does anyone have news on Maverick since the Valley? Is it open? I'm heading up on Wednesday!

I assume you're the one who just asked that on PointBuzz?

I once rode Maverick the day after it valleyed. It wasn't open for Early Entry, but it was open by the afternoon. Apparently, all coasters except TTD were running today. I'll be there Wednesday as well.

• Like 3

Hey guys. New to the site here. I am a Cedar Point fan boy but also grew up on going to Kings Island. I really hope its a coaster in 2017......Ohio is the capitol of Roller Coaster! Also does anyone have news on Maverick since the Valley? Is it open? I'm heading up on Wednesday!

I assume you're the one who just asked that on PointBuzz?

I once rode Maverick the day after it valleyed. It wasn't open for Early Entry, but it was open by the afternoon. Apparently, all coasters except TTD were running today. I'll be there Wednesday as well.

Thank you much!! Welp i'll see ya there!..........Now back to KI topics.

• Like 2

TTD didn't carry no passengers all weekend that I could tell.

I did get to see it roll back on a test run while I was by the grandstands.

Also was in the line waiting on Maverick to open when it rolled back out of the inversion. Both were awesome to see.

Right place at the right time.

• Like 5

Not to get more off topic, but while I was at Cedar Point 3 years ago, there was a downpour, closing TTD while my friend and I were next for the front row. Naturally we waited as everything was closed. When it finally began operating, there were 3 rollbacks (the first didn't even make it halfway up the hill). On the fourth launch, the train actually stalled at the top of the hill. Everyone in the station was going crazy, but only after about 10ish seconds, a 40 mph wind blew it over the top. Sorry to go on a tangent, but it was so incredibly cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

I'm talking about how often TTD is down. Seems like just about every day from what I have heard.

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

Even the ride ops get annoyed by how much it's down. I've never seen a coaster suffer from as much downtime as it. TTD= Top Thrill Downtime.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 8

That had been CBS's plan.

Can we go back in time and make that happen(somewhat)....Carolina Cyclone has developed some interesting wobbles in the train or structure. My wife went deaf for a couple days in one ear after riding Cyclone, she won't get back on it. Replace Cyclone with a new Thunder Road....
  • Like 1

Hey guys. New to the site here. I am a Cedar Point fan boy but also grew up on going to  Kings Island. I really hope its a coaster in 2017......Ohio is the capitol of Roller Coaster! Also does anyone have news on Maverick since the Valley? Is it open? I'm heading up on Wednesday!

No actual news.  But it is not that hard to reopen a coaster after it valleys.  Typically they disconnect the cars, remove the up-stop wheels and just lift the cars off the track one at a time using a fork lift.  Once the train is off the track and are confident it will not happen again they could test it with another train almost immediately.  Since it is most frequently weather they just wait for conditions to change.  Since the weather report looks slightly warmer and not as windy I would assume it will be running.

• Like 2

No actual news.  But it is not that hard to reopen a coaster after it valleys.  Typically they disconnect the cars, remove the up-stop wheels and just lift the cars off the track one at a time using a fork lift.  Once the train is off the track and are confident it will not happen again they could test it with another train almost immediately.  Since it is most frequently weather they just wait for conditions to change.  Since the weather report looks slightly warmer and not as windy I would assume it will be running.

Or if it's not terribly far from the next block (Example: Launch/Lift/Brake Run) Then they can easily try to maneuver a car through the ride to that point. 

Like If it valleyed between the drop and first airtime hill, they can simply pull the ride carefully through the lift.

Saves time. Saves money. 

• Like 2