Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Also shocked nobody has posted this video courtesy of Coaster Nation on YouTube

Nice! I did note that Don said to follow the park on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. He did not say Snapchat. Interpret that however you want. :)

EDIT: That's very strange. When you posted the video link, it didn't embed. But when I quoted you, it did embed. What kind of black magic is this? :P

• Like 13

They could put something back near WindSeeker, it dead ends in the theater.  Could they expand that area past or to the side yeah I can see that. Rivertown I can see getting the new attraction. Nothing over that way since 2009. WindSeeker is newer.

• Like 3

I wouldn't expect any kind of big announcement this weekend. They may hint around at things or throw more diversions out there, but actually saying what they are building won't happen. They haven't even opened their 2016 attraction yet, and there is a lot of Summer to go. They won't want to do anything that would diminish what they are doing this year, or worse, make people put off trips to the park till next year.

• Like 12

I think I rode DB with that interviewer yesterday. Like 75% it was him.

I only watched the video because of the slim chance Don actually talked about 2017. But, it basically went how I expected. The only surprise was how bold the question was asked "what can you tell me about the 2017 coaster, what is it going to be named?"

• Like 6

Don gave a smile when asked about it, then proceeded to talk about the barrier in Rivertown. Allowing hype to build up for an attraction, only to disappoint when it doesn't happen doesn't seem like good business sense to me. But hey, I don't operate an amusement park.

And who would they be disappointing? The three-million people that visit the park a year or the 700 enthusiasts who watched and are trying to decipher the end of that video?

• Like 18

I just wanted to make it clear I was jokingly saying that about Don not denying a coaster for next year.

But, really, look at that smirk he had on his face. I'm assuming the angle at which his smile is directed is a hint at the angle of the giga's first drop. I also believe that his statement "off the wall" is a reference to the coaster's layout; the coaster will make a near miss with The Crypt building, turnaround, having a "bounce off the wall" effect. Time will tell.

Am I trying too hard to parody 2017 speculation? Oh...sorry...

• Like 6

They could put something back near WindSeeker, it dead ends in the theater.  Could they expand that area past or to the side yeah I can see that. Rivertown I can see getting the new attraction. Nothing over that way since 2009. WindSeeker is newer.

There's no room for expansion behind the theater and Racer turnarounds. Directly behind the theater, there is roughly a 50-foot drop-off (according to Google Earth's elevation display), and directly behind that drop off is The Beast's second hill. The area between Vortex, The Beast's first lift, and the Red Racer turnaround also is roughly 30 feet lower than the surrounding land that the aforementioned rides sit on. To the other side of The Racer, east of the Blue Racer turnaround, expansion is blocked by Dinosaurs Alive! and, to a lesser extent, a clearing that I assume is the fireworks launch site. (I say "to a lesser extent" because that would be more easily moved than any of the other obstacles I've mentioned, but it's still something to consider.)

• Like 13

I wouldn't expect any kind of big announcement this weekend. They may hint around at things or throw more diversions out there, but actually saying what they are building won't happen. They haven't even opened their 2016 attraction yet, and there is a lot of Summer to go. They won't want to do anything that would diminish what they are doing this year, or worse, make people put off trips to the park till next year.

Was anyone expecting a big announcement this weekend? It's not even close to announcement time. I wouldn't expect any announcement to be made until August. But, there will definetly be teasers out there.

• Like 9

Wow.

Go Goble.

Now that's a man who's done his homework.

To be honest, it almost took longer for Google Earth to start up than it took me to gather that information. About 20 seconds to start it up, click my saved shortcut for Kings Island, and pan to Action Theater, then 30 seconds to gather that information from the interface. :P

• Like 5

Was anyone expecting a big announcement this weekend? It's not even close to announcement time. I wouldn't expect any announcement to be made until August. But, there will definetly be teasers out there.

Now then. Park would've said something about an announcement by now within Coasterstock. Better have video of Don 24/7 during the event in case of any tree falling hints.

• Like 5