Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Construction is going slower on this project than other coasters in the past.

Because of this, I think this is going to be a small giga rather than a big one.

Or, you know, a coaster that's not a giga, or something not a coaster at all. 

• Like 10

I think the "small" giga is I305, but even that is longer then most coasters. I personally can see it being any kind of coaster, but I'm pretty set that it is a coaster for now. I think whatever it is will be a wonderful ride and a welcome addition to the park,no matter what people will be dissapointed. 

• Like 4

When we get a giga, I'd wager it won't be a small giga. It'll almost certainly be the tallest giga anywhere when built. If you are already going to spend $25-$30 million on a ride, why not spend a few more million to have the built in marketing and draw that would bring?

• Like 3

I mean maybe the tallest built in North America considering there is going to be a 360 footer going in over seas. Imo that is just going to be the shortest strata coaster considering it is just a smaller TTD. but you can't market it as the tallest giga coaster anymore.

I mean maybe the tallest built in North America considering there is going to be a 360 footer going in over seas. Imo that is just going to be the shortest strata coaster considering it is just a smaller TTD. but you can't market it as the tallest giga coaster anymore.

I think they would just call it the tallest chain lift coaster, or tallest coaster without a launch.

• Like 1

I'm certainly not expecting a full announcement this weekend. But, I do expect that they will take the opportunity of having captive enthusiasts to tease the /heck/ out of us.

I expect at the very least we will have more to talk about in this thread than the state of Maverick or Mean Streak by next Monday!

• Like 10

A 360ft coaster will not be the shortest strata coaster. It's still not 400ft
  • Like 2

I'm certainly not expecting a full announcement this weekend. But, I do expect that they will take the opportunity of having captive enthusiasts to tease the /heck/ out of us.

I expect at the very least we will have more to talk about in this thread than the state of Maverick or Mean Streak by next Monday!

Ohio.

And it still will be next Monday.

Helpful Terp.

• Like 10

A 360ft coaster will not be the shortest strata coaster. It's still not 400ft

I meant more by design. It is still the tallest giga coaster, but to me that is how I would see it. 

• Like 2

Ohio.

And it still will be next Monday.

Helpful Terp.

Very helpful, indeed.

Can we get you some ice for that dryness?

• Like 6