Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

If getting rid of it means we get a giga, #byebyelogflume

Because bulldozing an attraction that the entire family can enjoy together for yet another coaster that those under the 54" height requirement can't ride would be a sound investment. 

• Like 16

I mean we have no clue about coaster type, everything is still speculation. While I'm completely down for another 48" height requirement ride, KI has quite a good selection of roller coasters for families. While the big ones have height requirements of 54" they definitely have a focus on the kids area.

• Like 4

^Adding on to that, remember what KI got last year? It wasn't a kids coaster/a smaller coaster, but it was 2 flat rides in the kids section. Yes, one of them is (probably) ridden by the older generation more, but it is still a kids ride.

Honestly, after the (hopefully) giga, I would love to see KI get a small spinning coaster or even a small, unique wild mouse. Even though it would probably be a few years later, I think the adults and older teenagers would be appeased for a few years with the giga and maybe 1 or 2 thrilling flat rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

The blimp is now flying over near Diamondback. Pretty sure it says 'Direct TV'.

After my visit to the park today, I went over to the tennis complex to watch the beach volleyball tournament.

Olympic athletes like Walsh-Jennings and dalhauser were playing there today. The blimp was part of the television cast (which was pumped into the tv's around the volleyball arena.

0df6fd1f167fbb496ef8b34310ad5a15.jpg

• Like 8

The green B&M track, of which pictures were posted and which is therefore not false or trolling, is completely separate from that, and any similarity to the "green Intamin track" is purely a coincidence.

Or the "troll" was actually a time traveler warning us about the future!

• Like 2

During The Beast tour.

Random guest: So how many acres is the 2017 project gonna take.

Don: Well, we can put a couple picnic tables out there and have a place for employees to eat lunch.

Best answer yet.

Don said the exact same thing during the train ride! But he had a smile as train passengers was taking guesses on what is going on!

• Like 5

OK, just to preface this, as always, I don't have any more info than any of you. In fact, since I didn't attend Coasterstock, I probably have less. However, I think it's time for me to stir the pot with my own wild speculation.

Parks have 5 year plans, as we all know.

I have heard, though I have no source to back it up, that Kings Island once considered building a replica of the Rye Aeroplane instead of building what would become Son of Beast, and owned (and presumably still owns) the blueprints for it.

In 2013, Great Coasters International posted a virtual POV of a recreation of the Rye Aeroplane, as seen here:

Let's say, hypothetically, that KI wanted to build a recreation of the Rye Aeroplane now. Once they knew what they wanted to do (which, if they were aiming for 2017 as the opening year, would have to be at least a couple years in advance), they could conceivably reach out to potential vendors to ask if they could design such a ride. A vendor might provide a proof-of-concept design to show that they can do it.

- homestar92, who has no insider knowledge, but likes to stir the pot anyway. And who also wants something similar to the cowboy coaster, but only if we're talking about the cowboy coaster in Shakopee, MN instead of the one in Sandusky.

• Like 8

I'm finally caught up with this topic. After reading everyone's ideas on here, I had my own thought. What If, they are doing land clearing in Rivertown for this new proposed giga and just moving Race for your life Charlie Brown to Action Zone? They've already been doing land clearing over there as well so why not?

• Like 1

I'm finally caught up with this topic. After reading everyone's ideas on here, I had my own thought. What If, they are doing land clearing in Rivertown for this new proposed giga and just moving Race for your life Charlie Brown to Action Zone? They've already been doing land clearing over there as well so why not?

It would need a longer queue than The Bat.

• Like 4

Speaking of the log flume, I totally forgot that it was SBNO in 2000 and received a complete renovation while being themed to Wild Thornberries.

Source: http://www.coneyislandcentral.com/log_flume.php

In retrospect, you'd have to think the decision to renovate was connected to the decision to remove Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal.  It was removed after the 2000 season to make room for Tomb Raider: The Ride.   

How long does a renovation of an old Arrow flume last?  It's been 15 years...

• Like 5