Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I can say that I was VERY wrong on my predictions/thoughts on what I thought was going to be installed for 2017 at KI, but I can still hold onto a very strong hope that Cedar Point is going to do what I feel they SHOULD have done last year... instead of a one trick pony diver.... with Mean Streak, which is an RMC revision.

• Like 6

was there any hints during the train tour?

No. Just some views of the clearing and Steve, the train engineer leading the tour, confirming that the train will have a "new experience" next year. Like we couldn't figure out that much ourselves.

However, it was definitely pretty neat to experience backing into the shed on the train and looking around it.

• Like 13

I'm pretty sure those are the only bunch of markings at Cedar Point. I could be very wrong, though.

There are indeed lots of markers at CP. All over Mean Streak as well as a few other places. There are also two large plots of land opened up, one for (assuming) a future Soak City expansion, and one from Shawn's beloved Shoot the Rapids being torn out.

• Like 4

I don't think I've ever seen trees fall in such an orderly fashion...and that end up creating perfectly cleared paths through the woods... :D

IMG_1406_zpsytxwllvo.jpg

IMG_1418_zpso9vkvqo0.jpg

IMG_1419_zpsxkyjzoeu.jpg

Looks like just the right width for a coaster to go through, if you ask me.

Very interesting.

Doesn't the clearing kinda resemble that of Worlds of Fun's Prowler's footing placements prior to it's construction? (see photo below)

e68d25bb5836976210c3eaa4680bab9f.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Nobody probably remembers because it was like a week ago, which is forever for this thread, but....

I mentioned that I was leaning away from this being anything, because all the work so far could be attributed to WWC, and the clearing alongside the train could be part of an extended queue for that ride.

They have begun pouring the concrete for that queue, appearing to have finished up to the edge of the woods next to DB (around where all that gravel and wood had been piled). The forms have been laid out for the rest, so it is clear where it is going. It has a fairly significant curb to either side so it wouldn't be easy to tie side paths in without it showing now.

As I rode DB, I looked down on what has been poured so far, and it is clearly crossing the bridge there (which was part of the old queue) and heading back toward WWC without any diversion toward the old entrance. So the clearing parallel to the train station is NOT associated with WWC as far as I can tell.

aa54ab3accddb747a60ff0c68c6e3614.jpg

Here you can see the concrete forms, and the path in the background is the opposite end of the one heading toward the old funnel cake stand.

So I'm leaning back toward coaster, even though the park managed to go through an entire coaster-themed enthusiast event without making any particular teases.

• Like 8

I don't think I've ever seen trees fall in such an orderly fashion...and that end up creating perfectly cleared paths through the woods... :D

IMG_1419_zpsxkyjzoeu.jpg

Looks like just the right width for a coaster to go through, if you ask me.

Very interesting.

Doesn't the clearing kinda resemble that of Worlds of Fun's Prowler's footing placements prior to it's construction? (see photo below)

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

There is no way they build a steel coaster in that narrow of a path. If we see those little concrete lily pads we'll know it's a wood coaster, (and I will be incredibly stoked).

• Like 13

The lack of general clearing could also be due to the work for White Water Canyon the park cannot get heavy equipment into the site yet.  At this point the earliest they could try is a week after the concrete is poured to allow it time to cure, it would not be at full strength after a week but it should be good enough.  It would be tough trying to get access from the other side due to the slope and the train tracks.  The other easy way into the site is down the midway and through the wood fence.

• Like 2

Not sure if Falling Trees is a tease towards the theme of the ride (like Banshee's tease was), or it's just a tease that there will be a development. When I think Falling Trees, I think wind. Perhaps tornado related. Something twisty with a tornado theme?

*Cough* Vortex *Cough*
We also have Delirum which has a tornado in the logo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Not sure if Falling Trees is a tease towards the theme of the ride (like Banshee's tease was), or it's just a tease that there will be a development. When I think Falling Trees, I think wind. Perhaps tornado related. Something twisty with a tornado theme?

*Cough* Vortex *Cough*
We also have Delirum which has a tornado in the logo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The lack of general clearing could also be due to the work for White Water Canyon the park cannot get heavy equipment into the site yet.  At this point the earliest they could try is a week after the concrete is poured to allow it time to cure, it would not be at full strength after a week but it should be good enough.  It would be tough trying to get access from the other side due to the slope and the train tracks.  The other easy way into the site is down the midway and through the wood fence.

And I would assume concrete will be poured this week, as the plan was to have WWC open for Memorial Day weekend.

Whether that happens or not, there are only a few people who know.

• Like 1