Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Hi Everyone,

Currently WWC is closed due to a new entrance and from previous discussion here, pumps previously used in the water reservoir are being renovated/ and or replaced. Taking a queue from someone who likes to ask questions on these boards, I asked why would the park do this? Old/ outdated pumps is a reasonable answer, but could it be that a new/ relocated attraction that puts a higher demand that the current water equipment is unable to handle another possibility? 

More tree clearing..... Behind Congo Falls and Invertigo...

This leads me to a rumor not found on this site that the addition of a Giga would likely see the demise of Drop Tower (an INTAMIN install that seems to have issues w/ downtime) and Invertigo. I can't put together a reason for axing Invertigo, so take it as you will. But this potential cleared area could certainly hold a station and a long break run that comes with a Giga. Falling trees around Invertigo would be very interesting IMO.....

I know a popular location for #teamgiga on here is Coney Mall, (Flight Commander area) but isn't there an issue with the bedrock in the area and installing large weight bearing structures?

I know this is a lot of change/ work for one attraction (and very unlikely), and IMO falling trees could still be anything at this point. Anyway, sorry for the long post but if you stuck with me, thank you! I look forward to decoding with everyone in the next few months!

Pumps need to get rebuilt from time to time.  They are likely the same pumps just taken apart and rebuilt.  Each attraction would feature its own set of pumps so that they are independent of each other.  It is important to keep attractions separate for maintenance, safety, and just general operations. 

Invertigo would likely be moved to a smaller park, likely Michigan's Adventure which does not have a boomerang.  Invertigo has very low capacity and another copy of the ride was moved from California's Great America to Dorney Park in 2010.

• Like 2

I could see Face/Off leaving now that Banshee is at KI. You could put some of those European flats over there too, and maybe plant some trees. It's actually the most intense coaster for me.

Would not really mind if Invertigo left, its probs one of the worst rides in the park 

• Like 5

I could see Face/Off leaving now that Banshee is at KI. You could put some of those European flats over there too, and maybe plant some trees. It's actually the most intense coaster for me.

Would not really mind if Invertigo left, its probs one of the worst rides in the park
Ryan be makin' these statements before he even rides the coaster! XD

I thought Invertigo would feel like mind eraser but boy was I wrong...

• Like 1

So, i've been doing some concept drawings, and here's what i've got so far. 

Rivertown without any changes:

B5uMn3z.jpg

Here are three different rides i came up with, all GCI woodies. 

9jcKxl1.jpgYlylRHu.jpg

hkpl6nH.jpg

Thoughts? 

Edit: The station and break run on the orange one are high enough for the track to pass over the train. 

• Like 17

Hi Everyone,

Currently WWC is closed due to a new entrance and from previous discussion here, pumps previously used in the water reservoir are being renovated/ and or replaced. Taking a queue from someone who likes to ask questions on these boards, I asked why would the park do this? Old/ outdated pumps is a reasonable answer, but could it be that a new/ relocated attraction that puts a higher demand that the current water equipment is unable to handle another possibility? 

More tree clearing..... Behind Congo Falls and Invertigo...

This leads me to a rumor not found on this site that the addition of a Giga would likely see the demise of Drop Tower (an INTAMIN install that seems to have issues w/ downtime) and Invertigo. I can't put together a reason for axing Invertigo, so take it as you will. But this potential cleared area could certainly hold a station and a long break run that comes with a Giga. Falling trees around Invertigo would be very interesting IMO.....

I know a popular location for #teamgiga on here is Coney Mall, (Flight Commander area) but isn't there an issue with the bedrock in the area and installing large weight bearing structures?

I know this is a lot of change/ work for one attraction (and very unlikely), and IMO falling trees could still be anything at this point. Anyway, sorry for the long post but if you stuck with me, thank you! I look forward to decoding with everyone in the next few months!

Pumps need to get rebuilt from time to time.  They are likely the same pumps just taken apart and rebuilt.  Each attraction would feature its own set of pumps so that they are independent of each other.  It is important to keep attractions separate for maintenance, safety, and just general operations. 

Invertigo would likely be moved to a smaller park, likely Michigan's Adventure which does not have a boomerang.  Invertigo has very low capacity and another copy of the ride was moved from California's Great America to Dorney Park in 2010.

The mention of moving/removing Invertigo makes me think that maybe we will be seeing a new coaster around/over the entrance similar to Carowinds and Cedar Fair (3 of Cedar Point's entrances now have coasters going over them. 

• Like 2

And the possibility of Drop Tower closing made me think of Space Spiral's demise at Cedar Point. How much downtime has Drop Tower (INTAMIN Gyro Drop which is still in production) been getting, in relation to Space Spiral (Von Roll observation tower by Willy Buhler's Space Tower Company, both defunct)?

Not saying it will happen, but depending on downtime and mechanical issues anything can happen in the future.

• Like 2

I can't see them bring down Drop Tower. It had down town last year but this year I haven't seen it down yet.

I can't imagine KI without DT, it doesn't make any sense since the line and popularity is still there

• Like 10

Just an update on the white water canyon entrance: they are really working hard on it! I think it will for sure be open by Memorial Day. So I'm not sure if they are going to be delaying construction as a cover up. However that might be a cover up as well... Things are getting intense! (For me at least :P)

195c22a80b68880ca81398ef78342d4e.jpg

Edit: Sorry about getting part of my finger in the shot! :3

• Like 25

It was an Intamin built ride, yes this is true. But think about this. The ONLY incident regarding Intamin's Gyro Drop Towers happened in 1999 when a 12 year old fell from the Drop Tower at CGA. 

It might be down sometimes, but it still has a lot of visitors each year. Same with Invertigo. 

Besides...

If we're going to get rid of Drop Tower because it's Intamin, we might as well get rid of the Eiffel Tower if that's the case.

• Like 11

It has definitely gotten lost in all of the decoding and speculation, but WOW, White Water Canyon is getting a new entrance and queue!  

If not for getting completely lost in the midst of other developments, it's actually significant news (especially for fans of WWC).

• Like 7

And the possibility of Drop Tower closing made me think of Space Spiral's demise at Cedar Point. How much downtime has Drop Tower (INTAMIN Gyro Drop which is still in production) been getting, in relation to Space Spiral (Von Roll observation tower by Willy Buhler's Space Tower Company, both defunct)?

Not saying it will happen, but depending on downtime and mechanical issues anything can happen in the future.

NO

I can't see them bring down Drop Tower. It had down town last year but this year I haven't seen it down yet.

I can't imagine KI without DT, it doesn't make any sense since the line and popularity is still there

Thank you

It's also one of the first thing's I notice when getting to Kings Island. The skyline sure would be a whole lot different without DT. I don't think it's going anywhere soon because it takes up such a small space.

Exactly

A few weeks ago it was stuck like 3/4 way up for about a half hour.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

When it gets stuck, its usually not a mechanical issue. 

They should never remove Drop Tower, it is one of the most iconic rides, and its usually down very little, and even when it is down, its mostly just for high winds. With a fresh coat of paint, and a tune up, ill bet you wouldn't be able to tell its 17 years old. 

• Like 5

Just an update on the white water canyon entrance: they are really working hard on it! I think it will for sure be open by Memorial Day. So I'm not sure if they are going to be delaying construction as a cover up. However that might be a cover up as well... Things are getting intense! (For me at least :P)

195c22a80b68880ca81398ef78342d4e.jpg

Edit: Sorry about getting part of my finger in the shot! :3

Hmm I think some of this would look good there

9e409f4c31da1e949fcb1817e3909072.jpg

• Like 20

Kind of back on topic, remember the sign behind Slaughterhouse I had hoped to see during The Beast tour because I thought it might be a clue? It wasn't. It is for Dollar Days. Don't know when/if it is going to happen this year.

bad8911fce0a1ef837ce51c5d17e0f4d.jpg

I can make out what looks like ice cream, hot dogs, cotton candy, soft drinks, rope ladder.

• Like 13