Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Top row - not sure, Hot Dogs, Soft Drinks, Watermelon Slice

Second Row - LaRosa's Pizza, Scooped Lemonade, Cotton Candy, Rope Ladder

Bottom Right corner is Hi-Striker

Top Left almost has to be Blue Ice cream.  Since I am pretty sure it is up there somewhere, but it just feels wrong.

• Like 5

And something lemonade. I assume frozen, but the first word looks like something else.

Scooped lemonade. I'm not quite sure what that is..but I suddenly want lemonade. I'm assuming it's those Minute Maid Frozen Lemonade cups.

Edit: i didn't realize someone already said this. Whoops!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Oldiesmann and bm0324 try leaning your head forward a little on Rougarou. If you rest your head all the way back, you're going to have a headache for sure. I will admit even with the transformation into a Floorless roller coaster, there is still a couple spots where you bump your head, but other than that, it's been a big success for Cedar Point. Anybody else on here like Rougarou?

• Like 5

Oldiesmann and bm0324 try leaning your head forward a little on Rougarou. If you rest your head all the way back, you're going to have a headache for sure. I will admit even with the transformation into a Floorless roller coaster, there is still a couple spots where you bump your head, but other than that, it's been a big success for Cedar Point. Anybody else on here like Rougarou?

It's the corkscrew. No matter what I do, it kills me. I don't hate the ride, it isn't bad, but it isn't comfortable for me. If it had the vests, I'd probably love it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This may sound crazy but the back row is the smoothest. I know this sounds crazy but I felt a rattle on Valravn back row and Rougarou was glossy. It is running so good this year.
  • Like 4

Hi Everyone,

Currently WWC is closed due to a new entrance and from previous discussion here, pumps previously used in the water reservoir are being renovated/ and or replaced. Taking a queue from someone who likes to ask questions on these boards, I asked why would the park do this? Old/ outdated pumps is a reasonable answer, but could it be that a new/ relocated attraction that puts a higher demand that the current water equipment is unable to handle another possibility? 

[Remainder of quote Deleted for post length]

Pumps need to get rebuilt from time to time.  They are likely the same pumps just taken apart and rebuilt.  Each attraction would feature its own set of pumps so that they are independent of each other.  It is important to keep attractions separate for maintenance, safety, and just general operations. 

Invertigo would likely be moved to a smaller park, likely Michigan's Adventure which does not have a boomerang.  Invertigo has very low capacity and another copy of the ride was moved from California's Great America to Dorney Park in 2010.

Thanks for the info.... Back to The Chamber of Understanding to find some sense in wooden fences, bumped threads and trying to see what is not being said. 

1411250583681.gif

• Like 11

Anybody else notice that the park is apparently attempting to bring back some nostalgia?  According to the social media accounts from the park, at the end of last season, the entrance to the que of The Racer was painted to the original 1972 motif.  The KI clock looks great and has the 1970's font, as does the KI calendar.  The new WWC entrance, by Diamondack appears to be framework for a wysteria tunnel.  (I would love this!)  Maybe there is no coaster and the train will get some love and attention, like it deserves.  Or heck, maybe they are going to move BLSC and retheme it to a mining theme, and restore the current area to Les Taxis!  And maybe bring back the Coney Mall arch!

(I'm really stretching it, but I can wish.  And I really appreciate the clock and calendar and the (hopefully) wysteria tunnel.)

• Like 8

Anybody else notice that the park is apparently attempting to bring back some nostalgia?  According to the social media accounts from the park, at the end of last season, the entrance to the que of The Racer was painted to the original 1972 motif.  The KI clock looks great and has the 1970's font, as does the KI calendar.  The new WWC entrance, by Diamondack appears to be framework for a wysteria tunnel.  (I would love this!)  Maybe there is no coaster and the train will get some love and attention, like it deserves.  Or heck, maybe they are going to move BLSC and retheme it to a mining theme, and restore the current area to Les Taxis!  And maybe bring back the Coney Mall arch!

(I'm really stretching it, but I can wish.  And I really appreciate the clock and calendar and the (hopefully) wysteria tunnel.)

That was one of my first thoughts when I saw that all the clearing was so spread out at the start. Now I'm a little more inclined to think roller coaster as it seems to be marked in a pretty linear path with a lot of spread out clearing. I'm still not firmly on a team, but I think it is a lot more compelling to be on team roller coaster now then it ever has been.

• Like 2

Nostalgia was definitely the theme of the Scavenger Hunt at Coasterstock. The original 11 (see the faq at Kings Island's website for the list), plus pics mostly referring to things and rides that have left. 21f042c449135071b170c5b51e5bad63.jpg

The pics were of the kiddie train ride tracks, remnants of the original Bat, base for the speakers that used to line the queue for Top Gun, the old special season pass entrance, and the drinking fountain that I believe predates the park.

• Like 11

Mr. Ouimet has already said that he has no plans of changing the entrances at the King's parks. 

Thank you for stating this! Folks seem to forget what's been said.

On my multiple trips on the train this weekend, I noticed a bunch of markers down in the ravine before pulling around into the station. Upon further inspection (NoChickens and a few others saw too) that they were marked "Set Pile." I couldn't get a picture of them due to the depth of the area and angle of where I was sitting.

I looked up "set pile" and this is what came up in a job description for a pile driver: 

"Operate pile drivers mounted on skids, barges, crawler treads, or locomotive cranes to drive pilings for retaining walls, bulkheads, and foundations of structures, such as buildings, bridges, and piers."

13244792_10210036115325451_8624086216364

Saw this on the way home Monday....looks to me like the rumors may be going away :D

• Like 18

So if we assume it's a steel (and by extension, a B&M), the chances have to be good that it's a giga, right? I don't see them putting in a Dive Machine the year after CP gets Valravn. I guess it's possible it's a wing rider, but I don't see them spending Thunderbird-like money on one. Maybe this is just the optimist in me. #teamgiga

• Like 1

You had to look that up?

Terp has been around this stuff way too long...

Really? That came off extremely rude whether or not that was your intention and I don't appreciate it. 

Maybe I decided to look it up for those who would ask, "what does that mean?" 

Seriously, please go back to "If you don't have anything nice to say....."

So regarding these markers...how far apart were they spaced? We could easily tell whether it's a woodie vs something like a steel B&M, right?

Several were a good length apart and a few were close together. Hard to estimate length from above and to the side. 

• Like 10