Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I do have to admit, I really did not think this was going to be a coaster at all but while I have been sitting back and just reading for the longest time I might have to start leaning towards team coaster..... I have been wanting KI to get a giga for so long but figured it would be a lite longer before we would be getting one. No I'm not saying I know it's a giga because I don't at all. I'm definitely going to have to look at all of the clearing when I go Friday since I have only been to the park twice so far this year. I'm starting to get really excited with what is going on.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

You had to look that up?

Terp has been around this stuff way too long...

Really? That came off extremely rude whether or not that was your intention and I don't appreciate it.

Maybe I decided to look it up for those who would ask, "what does that mean?"

Seriously, please go back to "If you don't have anything nice to say....."

So regarding these markers...how far apart were they spaced? We could easily tell whether it's a woodie vs something like a steel B&M, right?

Several were a good length apart and a few were close together. Hard to estimate length from above and to the side.
569124d5292763eb2474a2cd1b9c221e.jpg

Meme brought to you by Wonka

This would be very cool if it does end up maneuvering through the trees and such. I'm still on Team Giga.

I think a wing coaster would work very well too. Just an idea.

Also if they are using pile drivers, then someone need a deep foundation to hold some weight. Not sure how far down bedrock is in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

No new green track out front. Still just the one piece. Being completely straight, my guess is it's for a station or brake run.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I love how you just decided to go out there on a whim lol.
I was bored. Plus it was an excuse to go to Mama's Grill.

• Like 12

No new green track out front. Still just the one piece. Being completely straight, my guess is it's for a station or brake run.

I love how you just decided to go out there on a whim lol.
I was bored. Plus it was an excuse to go to Mama's Grill.

Shame on you talking about food. Now I'm hungry...

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

• Like 5

Rode the train earlier today, and I'm officially on team "Woodie". The stakes in the ground that have pink flags on them have the words "clear limit" on them. I'm assuming this means that the area inside those pink flags will be cleared, and from what I saw, that amount of space would be insufficient for a giga, but just about perfect for a fairly size able wooden coaster. I also noticed that there was at least one spot in the ground that had a hole deep enough to potentially be filled and serve as a "footing." I didn't get a chance to snap a picture, but the hole was about 300-500 feet in to the train ride on the right side of the train near all the clearing.

• Like 11

I think you mean "woodie". I think it is more likely to see a large GCI over a RMC at this point, but there is a first for everything. That would also make more sense as it also gives Fury its time in the sun as the newest giga, and it would be a fairly large milestone.

• Like 4

I don't really expect an RMC as Cedar Fair hasn't shown any interest in working with them, but the way RMC has been taking off lately, you never know when they will, and they have to start somewhere right? But if they were to go with a woodie, GCI seems to be the most logical choice. But oh how I'd love to see a Gravity Group woodie...

• Like 5

People really seem to love GCI. The only one I've been on is Gwazi and that was a pretty painful experience. I'm assuming the rest of their coasters are better?

My only experience with them is Thunderhead at Dollywood, and I LOVED it. It wasn't over the top, but it had a lot of elements to it that made it very enjoyable

• Like 7