Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Here is my personal idea on a track layout. I'm just using the space available and some of the clues given to us. If it is a coaster, it's going to be massive! Station opposite the train station. Lift hill going between WWC and the train service garage. Cresting at the clearing after the first bridge on the train ride. First drop disappears into the woods and out towards The Beast.

Screenshot_2016_05_26_00_00_28.jpg

• Like 4

The G forces at that turn at the bottom of your first drop would probably cause people to black out or worse as the coaster would be traveling over 90 MPH there. Sharp turns on large steel coasters are usually elevated high enough so that the speeds are much lower.

• Like 5

Little discussed point here. Would White Water Canyon still have it's nice wooded environment if a new coaster is built with the entrance near the current fence? Where exactly is White Water Canyon in that big swath of woods?

Would a new coaster necessarily intrude on that land? It seems so secluded at the moment, (except for the part where you can see Diamondback). I'd like to keep that.

• Like 8

The G forces at that turn at the bottom of your first drop would probably cause people to black out or worse as the coaster would be traveling over 90 MPH there. Sharp turns on large steel coasters are usually elevated high enough so that the speeds are much lower.

I305 drops 305 ft into a right turn at 90 miles per hour, so all that Gav needs to do to adjust for force is to adjust the pullout approaching the second hill (like I305) and problem solved. I kind of like the layout of his coaster.

• Like 5

Little discussed point here. Would White Water Canyon still have it's nice wooded environment if a new coaster is built with the entrance near the current fence? Where exactly is White Water Canyon in that big swath of woods?

Would a new coaster necessarily intrude on that land? It seems so secluded at the moment, (except for the part where you can see Diamondback). I'd like to keep that.

If the stakes in the woods mark the lift hill, and the stakes near the train shed mark the first drop, as some speculate.  Then the lift hill is over the edge of the turntable, and the first big turn.  I think the park would have to build a cover over both to protect from falling objects.  They could build a tunnel which would hide the loss of the trees and I think would be an interesting addition to the ride.  

The problem I have with this speculation is I still have no idea how the train is getting back to the station.  There is not a second set of stakes which lead to or from the woods, just the set next to the train shed.  But it is still early so who knows.

• Like 2

With this talk of footings possibly appearing soon, where is Beast Gal? I want to hear what her husband has to say about this.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The horse is inches from death, amigo. The point has been made.

People really seem to love GCI. The only one I've been on is Gwazi and that was a pretty painful experience. I'm assuming the rest of their coasters are better?

If your Gwazi ride(s) are anything like the one I had back in 2014, I would recommend that you don't use that as the basis for your opinion on GCI's rides. Gwazi was sluggishly paced and unbelievably rough when I rode it--in fact, it's second only second to Son of Beast as my least favorite coaster.

If you get a chance, try something like Lightning Racer, Prowler, or American Thunder. Of the GCI coasters I've ridden, those are some of the best. They're really good rides. The GCIs I've ridden that were built in the brief period that GCI used PTC trains instead of their own Millennium Flyers (SFA's Roar, Hershey's Wildcat, and BGT's Gwazi) have all been very rough and mostly not my cup of tea.

I certainly wouldn't mind a GCI at Kings Island, but I wonder if a GCI has the capacity that Cedar Fair might be looking for for a park of KI's size.

Have to agree. American Thunder is pretty great. I have yet to ride Prowler though.

• Like 5

Sigh... I liked Predator... Then again, I also like Mean Streak and find Diamondback to be unbelievably tedious, so...

It wasn't too bad a few years ago when Herschend had RMC retrack some of it..but now it's running terribly again. It has had a few good moments but it just can't seem to stay in good running condition. I also am in the minority that likes Mean Streak, I just used that as a reference because so many people complain of how rough it is :D

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

^I'm in the same group as you. I don't get how people HATE Mean Streak and SOB. I love(d) them! Yes they are/were rough, but they are great. SOB never let up. It was high intensity from beginning to end. Honestly, I just want KI to get another ride like that. Yes, Banshee has no MCBR, but it just (ironically) seems too short. If KI would get a giga or even a Cowboy Coaster, I think they fill this little "intensity void" they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

^I'm in the same group as you. I don't get how people HATE Mean Streak and SOB. I love(d) them! Yes they are/were rough, but they are great. SOB never let up. It was high intensity from beginning to end. Honestly, I just want KI to get another ride like that. Yes, Banshee has no MCBR, but it just (ironically) seems too short. If KI would get a giga or even a Cowboy Coaster, I think they fill this little "intensity void" they have.

I know most don't agree but SOB was my favorite Coaster at KI before it's removal. But Mean Streak on the other hand I could do without.

• Like 5

This is just a rough model. Its the best I could do w/o nolimits2.

• Like 6

IMO if it's a wooden coaster or anything shorter and slower than DB, it would be total waste of money. Gigas are by far the best coasters on Earth. It's all about speed and height. Wooden coasters are inferior to steel and cost a ton more to maintain.

• Like 5

IMO if it's a wooden coaster or anything shorter and slower than DB, it would be total waste of money. Gigas are by far the best coasters on Earth. It's all about speed and height. Wooden coasters are inferior to steel and cost a ton more to maintain.

Cmon duder. That's almost troll material...but I think you're serious.

• Like 10

Someone should tell Six Flags that and get the ball rolling on removing every single RMC install and replacing them with gigas at all of their parks.

Also, Worlds of Fun's Prowler beat the taller, faster Diamondback in the 2009 Golden Ticket Awards. Not saying those awards are meaningful or anything (they aren't)...

• Like 12

Maybe this will be the first Giga to have a double lift hill! Anyone on here ever create a roller-coaster on rct where it goes like 100ft up and then turns and then goes up another lift hill?

Steel Dragon 2000 already kinda does.  It has 2 separate chain motors.  

• Like 4

Someone should tell Six Flags that and get the ball rolling on removing every single RMC install and replacing them with gigas at all of their parks.

Also, Worlds of Fun's Prowler beat the taller, faster Diamondback in the 2009 Golden Ticket Awards. Not saying those awards are meaningful or anything (they aren't)...

You mean the Golden Joke Awards? Yes, that is what I think of them. Oh, and this year they are being held at CP. I would put money that "SHOCKER" Valravn wins best new ride.

• Like 11

You mean the Golden Joke Awards? Yes, that is what I think of them. Oh, and this year they are being held at CP. I would put money that "SHOCKER" Valravn wins best new ride.

It would make sense since it's being held at Cedar Point this year
  • Like 2

I won't defend the Golden Ticket Awards, but it's not a fait accompli that Valravn will win best new ride just because Cedar Point is hosting the awards this year.  Only twice in the past 10 years (2006 Voyage and 2012 Wild Eagle) has the park hosting the Golden Ticket Awards also been the site of the Best New Ride.  Second and more importantly, Cedar Point has upset many of the entitled enthusiasts who vote on the Golden Ticket Awards by not inviting enthusiasts to Valravn media day and with the changes being made to Coaster Mania.  

• Like 2