Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

A few things while I've been looking up things-

1) While early, RCDB is saying the dive coaster for Happy Valley is 6 across- link

2) the 3 currently with the 6 across are at smaller European parks (Heide Park's Krake, Gardaland's Oblivion, and Efteling's Baron 1898) and are also quite smaller and shorter than many of the other ones, my presumption is that was what those parks wanted and gauged that decision based on their attendance

While I won't rule out KI's project/next coaster possibly being a B&M coaster, I'm leaning away from Dive Coaster or Wing Coaster as being what it'll be. 

One aspect we should understand that I think is being overlooked is with all of the prototype rides Paramount added, Kings Island lacked a lot of the staple coaster types that a lot of big parks have, which is why I think we got Diamondback and Banshee.  While a giga isn't out of the question, I think Kings Island could use a modern wood coaster as well, and probably more in need of a family coaster which is why I'm not ruling out a Mack product either.  

Just because you guys want this to be a certain type of attraction doesn't mean you rule out everything else.  We have a clear lack of evidence to be ruling anything out at this stage.  

• Like 7

Install a 400' coaster like expedition force and there will an additional million people in the park next year.

Please just answer me this: I'm not trying to be rude, trust me, I'm trying to be as polite as possible here, but are you just here to troll?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Ok. Not high res since I had to take a picture of the lcd screen from the iPhone. Sorry my sd card reader broke. They are aware we are watching. As much as I've taken pictures out here, there has always been a piece or two showing a label. They are purposely hiding the labels and lining them up against the building. This is not the green track going to China as that coaster is already built. This appears to be Hyper/Giga track. Also notice the track piece with the cut outs for a trim break. I will replace these with hi-res pictures later tonight a49cf017bfa4625ec036be25fde6792b.jpg

810c90b68fe23c6cb5f60630aaccf59e.jpgb62c693416949f4b625a3bb042ab9e2f.jpgb1f81246576b67780e961f71a0281ff7.jpg971967d93596bfa98eb96e5e0ced30c6.jpg3480c26724f6b92f0ed46d8a8841cfa5.jpg

• Like 18

A few things while I've been looking up things-

1) While early, RCDB is saying the dive coaster for Happy Valley is 6 across- link

2) the 3 currently with the 6 across are at smaller European parks (Heide Park's Krake, Gardaland's Oblivion, and Efteling's Baron 1898) and are also quite smaller and shorter than many of the other ones, my presumption is that was what those parks wanted and gauged that decision based on their attendance

While I won't rule out KI's project/next coaster possibly being a B&M coaster, I'm leaning away from Dive Coaster or Wing Coaster as being what it'll be.

One aspect we should understand that I think is being overlooked is with all of the prototype rides Paramount added, Kings Island lacked a lot of the staple coaster types that a lot of big parks have, which is why I think we got Diamondback and Banshee. While a giga isn't out of the question, I think Kings Island could use a modern wood coaster as well, and probably more in need of a family coaster which is why I'm not ruling out a Mack product either.

Just because you guys want this to be a certain type of attraction doesn't mean you rule out everything else. We have a clear lack of evidence to be ruling anything out at this stage.

I've seen the comment that KI is in need of a family coaster like a hundred times on here now. What park out there has a better lineup of family coasters than KI?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Well, for one, Kings Island's last family coaster was arguably what's now Flying Aces, which, a bunch of those attractions since Adventure Express were either specifically for the kids area or have/had a 50+ inch requirement.  There's been a severe lack of rides in the middle ground added since Adventure Express (which started at 44" for its requirement along with Racer having that mark as well, there was a big surge of anger from the GP when they got moved up to 48").  And before you say Backlot, I don't consider a coaster with a grey out inducing helix to be a true family coaster, not to mention its capacity is terrible.  There's a big gap between rides that are Planet Snoopy-esque and the rides with a 48" height requirement.  Sure, the flats in Coney Mall, Woodstock Express, Flying Aces, and a few others, but there's not much else, and certainly not another coaster that fits that bill.  That's not a lot for a park the size and stature of Kings Island. 

• Like 6

I'm not on #teamgiga, but... if those green track pieces end up being a B&M Giga that comes to KI, I will be super pumped for it! :D  B)  

EDIT: Even if the green track pieces don't end up going to KI, I'm intrigued to see where they end up as they look really cool. 

• Like 9

Well, for one, Kings Island's last family coaster was arguably what's now Flying Aces, which, a bunch of those attractions in that time were either specifically for the kids area or have/had a 50+ inch requirement. There's been a severe lack of rides in the middle ground added since Adventure Express (which started at 44" for its requirement along with Racer having that mark as well, there was a big surge of anger from the GP when they got moved up to 48"). And before you say Backlot, I don't consider a coaster with a grey out inducing helix to be a true family coaster, not to mention its capacity is terrible. There's a big gap between rides that are Planet Snoopy-esque and the rides with a 48" height requirement. Sure, the flats in Coney Mall, Woodstock Express, Flying Aces, and a few others, but there's not much else, and certainly not another coaster that fits that bill. That's not a lot for a park the size and stature of Kings Island.

Racer and Adventure Express used to be 42 inches to ride back in the day. Si the required height has been raised twice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I still wanna know why Adventure Express is a "5" on the thrill rating. It's SO aggressive.

The cut out for the trim brake definitely makes it look like a hyper/giga. Those are typically the only B&M models that come with trims from the start. The others are just added on as needed.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Even if those pieces aren't coming to KI (I hope they are), that green is screaming.

If it is for us, what color will the supports be? Please, no more "Shades of Blue" (J.Lo I love your show honey). But seriously, what color would look good with this shade of green besides white or grey? Mmm....

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Install a 400' coaster like expedition force and there will an additional million people in the park next year.

Please just answer me this: I'm not trying to be rude, trust me, I'm trying to be as polite as possible here, but are you just here to troll?

I wonder if anyone has ever admitted to trolling.

Freak, who is grumpy and stayed under a bridge

• Like 8

Even if those pieces aren't coming to KI (I hope they are), that green is screaming.

If it is for us, what color will the supports be? Please, no more "Shades of Blue" (J.Lo I love your show honey). But seriously, what color would look good with this shade of green besides white or grey? Mmm....

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Black?

DB, avoiding one word posts

• Like 5