Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Well, I know I'll be keeping my eyes open again at the park Wednesday. Since it's supposed to be 90 degrees, I'll likely ride WWC again, too. I mean to watch the surrounding areas a little bit more while actually on the ride this time than when I rode it yesterday. I can't take pics, obviously, but I'll let you know if I see anything interesting.

And I'll take a look near the hammerhead of DB. I have been watching when I ride, and haven't noticed anything yet, but I'll make a special effort.

I like the idea of the kitty meaning a wild mouse coaster electricsun. I don't think it's likely, but I would embrace it wholeheartedly! :)

• Like 9

Well, I know I'll be keeping my eyes open again at the park Wednesday. Since it's supposed to be 90 degrees, I'll likely ride WWC again, too. I mean to watch the surrounding areas a little bit more while actually on the ride this time than when I rode it yesterday. I can't take pics, obviously, but I'll let you know if I see anything interesting.

And I'll take a look near the hammerhead of DB. I have been watching when I ride, and haven't noticed anything yet, but I'll make a special effort.

I like the idea of the kitty meaning a wild mouse coaster electricsun. I don't think it's likely, but I would embrace it wholeheartedly! :)

Look at the tree tops to the right of the hammerhead. Also right after you pass the camera and approach the MCBR, look right and down into the woods. You will see it.

• Like 2

Well, if you go to the right of this picture 473fba2137a3de16bc2a3baab599e0b4.jpg

there are no unmarked trees (or marked ones), or anything else that would need clearance, just the two queue lines.

And if you turn around and look behind you from where I was standing, you more or less see this:11ad23c57522e73f3e6699b232f74a57.jpg

which is a wide area mostly already cleared, and the trees that remain have green spray painted markings too.

So that area, at least, I would say it is enough room to not be able to make any assumptions about wood or steel.

Maddening, right? :)

There's the pink flag peeking through the fence... Yay!

• Like 2

Also remember that we're all wired differently; things like the sensations we feel on coasters, how we perceive and interpret visual stimuli, what triggers our adrenaline glands to fire, what makes us happy and feel good.  What may be forceful, smooth, rough, etc to one person may not be that way for another.  Some people may like certain rides beyond the forces and elements.  Context is a big factor.  To me, seeing people rattle off their favorites is more of a insight to what the person has experienced in how they came to like certain things rather than how the ride actually is.  In simpler terms, it tells me more about the person than the ride, at least on individual bases.  

• Like 13

@TombRaiderFTW I agree with you, but do not single out anybody in particular as many people are doing it. No disrespect to anybody here, but if you've read the full topic, you'd see why people are acting this way towards certain other members, as they were the ones that started acting in said way. Please take EVERYTHING into account when making a statement like this. I understand that you said that multiple people have been doing it as well, but please also single them out or it seems as though you are taking sides here, which does not roll over well with others here.

Sorry for this mini rant but I thought what was said needed to be said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Awwww

https://twitter.com/kingsislandpr/status/737399565670862853

Lumberjack kitten. If there's destruction, a feline is probably involved! :)

I think it's DonKIPR's way of throwing us a bone about the recent 17/18 question. I never doubted '17, just what it will be, personally.

Could this be what Don is hinting at?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splintercat?wprov=sfla1

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Like 14

Awwww

I think it's DonKIPR's way of throwing us a bone about the recent 17/18 question. I never doubted '17, just what it will be, personally.

It actually makes alot of sense in my mind. Look at the last few years in Cedar Fairs new coasters or renovations. Banshee (mythical creature) rogurau (mythical creature) fury 325 (furious hornets) leviathain (mythical creature) valravn (mythical creature) and splintercats actually makes more sense now that I've read up on them. They make branches fall of trees. If you go to ki there are multiple branches on the ground they don't uproot trees they make the stumps look splintered. Kind of like some of the stumps in rivertown. All while making most of the trees fall down. Look at the caution signs. They look like something is knocking them down kind of like a bigfoot or a splintercat. Good research and good decoding. I think this could be a real possibility but if the green track is for us I don't see how that color would fit in with this theme

• Like 11

Awesome research and decoding, but the name doesn't really roll off the tongue. I know Rougarou will be brought up, as will Valravn, but at least they are a little bit cooler than "Splintercat." It sounds like a tiger that stepped on a stick.

Just my preference though, and honestly I could see that as a big possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Top Thrill Dragster (and other Intamin products) are great...when they work. When they don't work, which seems like a common occurrence, there's either significant downtime or compromised public safety. Will Intamin be a viable company in 10 years? It looks grim.

I haven't posted here in quite some time, but the misinformation I have read today is appalling to me!  (Someone actually claimed that the seven people who suffered minor injuries on Shoot The Rapids were "nearly killed"..SMH)  According to rcdb, Intamin currently has 9 coasters listed as "Under Construction."  If that is a "grim" future, what does that say about B&M that only has 7?   

• Like 6

Awwww

It actually makes alot of sense in my mind. Look at the last few years in Cedar Fairs new coasters or renovations. Banshee (mythical creature) rogurau (mythical creature) fury 325 (furious hornets) leviathain (mythical creature) valravn (mythical creature) and splintercats actually makes more sense now that I've read up on them. They make branches fall of trees. If you go to ki there are multiple branches on the ground they don't uproot trees they make the stumps look splintered. Kind of like some of the stumps in rivertown. All while making most of the trees fall down. Look at the caution signs. They look like something is knocking them down kind of like a bigfoot or a splintercat. Good research and good decoding. I think this could be a real possibility but if the green track is for us I don't see how that color would fit in with this theme

Green track would go well with yellow, tan and/or brown which are all common colors for cats.

• Like 1

While on the topic of themes I personally would love to see a new octoberfest coaster. I know that means the removal of AE, but every year I get on it and every year I have sore ribs from the jarring. I think a nice twisty coaster could be named after something like the Lindwurm (a german mythical dragon) or in the same style.

As for the Splintercat theme, You sir have done some research and I applaud you. I can totally see this being the name if it is a wooden coaster or even a multi launch. Also it would follow the line of names and themes CF has been using recently. You can go as far back as Gatekeeper for mythical creature themes, and yes Gatekeeper is themed after a mythical bird.

• Like 5

Sorry I'm late, just needed to chime in on this discussion about the merits of Millennium Force and Cedar Point.

IMHO, it is by far the weakest of the North American giga coasters. I find it roughly as interesting as a bucket of lukewarm dishwater (I apologize to alll the buckets of dishwater in the world for that comparison). I think it is the second most overrated coaster I've ever ridden (first being Hades, which was just so incredibly awful that if even one person has ever said ONE good thing about it, it's overrated). Furthermore, the ONLY coasters at Cedar Point on which I have less fun than Millennium Force are Iron Dragon and Woodstock Express.

Where Cedar Point shines for me are food and Live-E. Dragon Inn corn dogs are the bomb and cheese on a stick may be the greatest thing ever created by mankind. Luminosity is leagues better in terms of production value than anything KI has or ever has ever had in my memory, excluding perhaps Cirque. But Cedar Point's coaster lineup, to me is basically Maggie, The Streaks, Raptor, Maverick, and a bunch of filler to pad their coaster count. I haven't ridden Valravn yet, so I will hold comments on that until I have. But Cedar Point wins big points with me for Cedar Downs. I could marathon that awesome ride all day long.

In terms of rides, Cedar Point is not my least favorite park in the chain *COUGH*Canada'sWonderland*COUGH* but it's close. Cedar Point has a whole lot of decent coasters. Unfortunately, the vast majority are just that. Decent.

Personally, if I'm looking for a park with a whole bunch of coasters where every single one of them is right up my alley, I make my way up to SFGAm.

• Like 3