Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I really hope there is another name for Splintercat if that is what they're theming whatever 2017 brings us. But you never know. It might just grow on me like Valravn, and Rougarou.

Maybe it would be called SPLNTRCAT

Getting rid of vowels in a coaster name seems to be popular in the industry right now. And, well, if Pat Sajak taught me anything it's that vowels are expensive, so I can't say I blame them.

• Like 26

I can think of a certain animal that would work out with this cat stuff.... :rolleyes:

cincinnatilogo2.png

The world could just implode if we get a Bearcat themed GCI. 

Fury's theming was derived from a nearby Hornet....

If you catch my buzz.....

....TheBEASTunchained......Clawing his way out.....

• Like 12

Splintercat is an interesting theme and name... now I keep thinking of spiderpig...

"Splintercat, splintercat, does whatever a splintercat does

RMC or a giga

Let's wait and see, what splintercat becomes"

:P

In all seriousness, Splintrcat (without the "E") does sound cool.

• Like 11

Sorry I'm late, just needed to chime in on this discussion about the merits of Millennium Force and Cedar Point.

IMHO, it is by far the weakest of the North American giga coasters. I find it roughly as interesting as a bucket of lukewarm dishwater (I apologize to alll the buckets of dishwater in the world for that comparison). I think it is the second most overrated coaster I've ever ridden (first being Hades, which was just so incredibly awful that if even one person has ever said ONE good thing about it, it's overrated). Furthermore, the ONLY coasters at Cedar Point on which I have less fun than Millennium Force are Iron Dragon and Woodstock Express.

Where Cedar Point shines for me are food and Live-E. Dragon Inn corn dogs are the bomb and cheese on a stick may be the greatest thing ever created by mankind. Luminosity is leagues better in terms of production value than anything KI has or ever has ever had in my memory, excluding perhaps Cirque. But Cedar Point's coaster lineup, to me is basically Maggie, The Streaks, Raptor, Maverick, and a bunch of filler to pad their coaster count. I haven't ridden Valravn yet, so I will hold comments on that until I have. But Cedar Point wins big points with me for Cedar Downs. I could marathon that awesome ride all day long.

In terms of rides, Cedar Point is not my least favorite park in the chain *COUGH*Canada'sWonderland*COUGH* but it's close. Cedar Point has a whole lot of decent coasters. Unfortunately, the vast majority are just that. Decent.

Personally, if I'm looking for a park with a whole bunch of coasters where every single one of them is right up my alley, I make my way up to SFGAm.

From your photo you must be one of the few people in this world that love Saturn.

• Like 2

I can think of a certain animal that would work out with this cat stuff....:rolleyes:

cincinnatilogo2.png

The world could just implode if we get a Bearcat themed GCI.

Umm NO!!!

I know that means the removal of AE, but

Around here, we like to speak of an 11th Commandment...
..and no. Thou shall not remove Oldschool75's chiropractic machine from Kings Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I tried to catch up on this thread, really. But being away from home for 5 days and the activity in this thread...yeah, that just ain't happening.

I know it's not as fun to think about, but some mention of trees being taken down in the area of the back side of Diamondback, unless it's a mass removal of trees (a handful, or selective cuts), it could just be a safety thing and/or done for the health of the surrounding trees (to prevent some sort of blight/fungus/etc from spreading among the rest of the wooded area). Not that I have any knowledge of that from looking at having to deal with some not-so-healthy mature sycamore trees on my own property.

On the fun side of this topic, if someone were (or knew) a pilot and flew over the area with a camera and shared them here...would that be in violation of any KI or KIC rules/policies? I don't have a sectional chart in front of me, but know KI is skirting Class B air space, which means it's 'under' Class C air space, but I think it's legal to fly there under FAA rules (if maintaining proper altitude etc). 

• Like 6

New poster, I enjoy your forum. I find all of the hate toward Cedar Point funny. CP and KI are my 2 favorite parks, but for anyone to say that the coaster collection at KI is even remotely comparable to CP is ludicrous. 

• Like 9

New poster, I enjoy your forum. I find all of the hate toward Cedar Point funny. CP and KI are my 2 favorite parks, but for anyone to say that the coaster collection at KI is even remotely comparable to CP is ludicrous.

1st welcome to KIC

2nd currently I would agree that KIs coaster lineup doesn't compare to CP but if we get a giga from B&M in 17 I would say this would change if not make KIs coaster lineup better IMO.

• Like 2

Banshee, Adventure Express, The Beast, and Racer are in my opinion far better rides than Raptor, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Meanstreak, and Blue Streak. Vortex is far better than Corkscrew. Magnum and Diamondback is a push to me. If KI gets a giga the only thing KI would be missing is something comparable to Maverick.

• Like 7

Perhaps if CP doesn't build anything, but not likely. I have a feeling that CP will be getting a couple more major installs/ refurbishments over the next couple of years. If they would RMC Mean Streak (or tear it down) that would be a huge addition to the park. They will also most likely be building something spectacular for their 150th anniversary. The only area where CP really comes up short is Wooden Coasters. Beast is one of the finest in the country. I would say that Blue Streak is equal to Racer IMO. The kids woody at KI is awesome. I would say that the 2 parks will be close at the top of their lineups if KI installs a B&M giga, but CP will still be much stronger in the middle of their lineup.

• Like 3

Banshee, Adventure Express, The Beast, and Racer are in my opinion far better rides than Raptor, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Meanstreak, and Blue Streak. Vortex is far better than Corkscrew. Magnum and Diamondback is a push to me. If KI gets a giga the only thing KI would be missing is something comparable to Maverick.

We'd be missing something comparable to Maverick, Gatekeeper and Valravn.  I don't even count TTD since it's not open half the time.

• Like 2

CP does have a great lineup of coasters, but for me I happen to just prefer some of the experiences KI's coasters provide in comparison to their CP counterparts,

Vortex > Corkscrew

Adventure Express > Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Beast > Mean Streak

Banshee > Raptor

Diamondback > Magnum

The Bat > Iron Dragon

Now if 2017 is a B&M Giga or a nice terrain hugging GCI woodie with a great layout, KI would another great experience CP doesn't have. We may not have a strata coaster, a wingrider, or twisted impulse coaster, but CP doesn't have a Vekoma Flying Dutchman, a Vekoma Inverted Boomerang, or 2 Premier Launched coasters. Two different lineups, both great in their own right in my opinion. It just makes me anxious for more Project 2017 info or leaks to come to light and how KI will wow us with the new attraction, will it be the longest, tallest, or fastest of it's kind?

• Like 5