Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

And let's not forget that CP and KI are owned by the same people. If they make both parks the same then what's the point of visiting both.

Also there is no objective way to say which is best. You can do objective data to show which has more inversions or coasters etc.

but a perfect visit could make one park "better" in your eyes or someone else's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Banshee, Adventure Express, The Beast, and Racer are in my opinion far better rides than Raptor, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Meanstreak, and Blue Streak. Vortex is far better than Corkscrew. Magnum and Diamondback is a push to me. If KI gets a giga the only thing KI would be missing is something comparable to Maverick.

We'd be missing something comparable to Maverick, Gatekeeper and Valravn. I don't even count TTD since it's not open half the time.

Honestly have yet to ride Valravn, but to me Gatekeeper is one dull ride I could do without completely. It's more like a nice calm ride i can take my children on once their tall enough to start riding.

• Like 4

CP does have a great lineup of coasters, but for me I happen to just prefer some of the experiences KI's coasters provide in comparison to their CP counterparts,

Vortex > Corkscrew

Adventure Express > Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Beast > Mean Streak

Banshee > Raptor

Diamondback > Magnum

The Bat > Iron Dragon

Now if 2017 is a B&M Giga or a nice terrain hugging GCI woodie with a great layout, KI would another great experience CP doesn't have. We may not have a strata coaster, a wingrider, or twisted impulse coaster, but CP doesn't have a Vekoma Flying Dutchman, a Vekoma Inverted Boomerang, or 2 Premier Launched coasters. Two different lineups, both great in their own right in my opinion. It just makes me anxious for more Project 2017 info or leaks to come to light and how KI will wow us with the new attraction, will it be the longest, tallest, or fastest of it's kind?

Agree, they each offer stuff the other one doesn't. As others said I'm sure they want to try to keep them at least a bit diverse too, helps encourage people to visit both versus one over the other.

• Like 3

Banshee, Adventure Express, The Beast, and Racer are in my opinion far better rides than Raptor, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Meanstreak, and Blue Streak. Vortex is far better than Corkscrew. Magnum and Diamondback is a push to me. If KI gets a giga the only thing KI would be missing is something comparable to Maverick.

We'd be missing something comparable to Maverick, Gatekeeper and Valravn. I don't even count TTD since it's not open half the time.
Honestly have yet to ride Valravn, but to me Gatekeeper is one dull ride I could do without completely. It's more like a nice calm ride i can take my children on once their tall enough to start riding.

I thought the same about GK, then I rode in the back row. It was a completely different experience that actually compares to Banshee.

Also, for all you caught up in the CP-KI debate, remember there's more than just coasters. My favorite part about CP is the Frontier Trail. I wish Kings Island still had something even close to that brilliantly themed area.

• Like 8

After visiting 2 Six TX parks and KK, I am really hoping for an RMC. I didn't get the hype until experiencing an RMC.

I have heard a lot of argument regarding why it is not going to happen, but it's what I want. I am sure KI or CF doesn't care what I want. However, my birthday is about the time KI opens and it would be a great birthday gift.

Oh, if Mean Streak received TLC from RMC, that would be great. I didn't ride NTG preRMC, but was told it was compatible to Mean Streak. Two completely different experiences.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Vortex > Corkscrew 

Adventure Express > Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Beast > Mean Streak

Banshee > Raptor

Diamondback > Magnum

The Bat > Iron Dragon

We are agreed on this with the exception of Diamondback  being Greater than Magnum. Both are beautiful rides that I love. I will give a slight edge to the Magnum due to it being 20 Years older and the very first of the hyper coasters and every bit as good of a layout as Diamondback. The Banshee is only slightly better than Raptor IMO. KI has no answer for Valravn, Rougarou, Maverick, or Gatekeeper. This is just my opinion, but I feel that the middle of CP's coaster lineup is far superior. I love both parks and hope that they continue to add coasters!

• Like 2

After visiting 2 Six TX parks and KK, I am really hoping for an RMC. I didn't get the hype until experiencing an RMC. 

I have heard a lot of argument regarding why it is not going to happen, but it's what I want. I am sure KI or CF doesn't care what I want. However, my birthday is about the time KI opens and it would be a great birthday gift. 

Oh, if Mean Streak received TLC from RMC, that would be great. I didn't ride NTG preRMC, but was told it was compatible to Mean Streak. Two completely different experiences. 

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk 

Mean Streak with an RMC treatment would be incredible. The Texas Giant went from being a giant piece of crap to a top 30 roller coaster.

• Like 3

Now if 2017 is a B&M Giga or a nice terrain hugging GCI woodie with a great layout, KI would another great experience CP doesn't have. We may not have a strata coaster, a wingrider, or twisted impulse coaster, but CP doesn't have a Vekoma Flying Dutchman, a Vekoma Inverted Boomerang, or 2 Premier Launched coasters. Two different lineups, both great in their own right in my opinion. It just makes me anxious for more Project 2017 info or leaks to come to light and how KI will wow us with the new attraction, will it be the longest, tallest, or fastest of it's kind?

KI also doesn't have a Dive Machine or a world class Multi Launch terrain coaster (which has terrible capacity). 

• Like 2

My favorite part of KI is that they have the ability to naturally have their coasters take a path through the woods and hills. Cedar Point does not have that. I hope the next coaster built at KI really utilizes the terrain well. If they do build a giga, I think it would be sweet if most of it is really low to the ground following the first couple of hills, or a multi lift would be sweet as well. A giga with a second lift hill like Beast has would be epic. Probably cost too many $'s though.

• Like 2

Wait a minute - Cincinnati Bearcats fans actually exist?  :D

-LMSB, a Kentucky Wildcat fan like others here.

You'll find most of the fans of the Cincinnati Bearcats actually attended that University rather than most UK fans :)

The new WWC queue looks nice, maybe some intriguing elements that will incorporate close to the new queue.

• Like 6

I tried to catch up on this thread, really. But being away from home for 5 days and the activity in this thread...yeah, that just ain't happening.

I know it's not as fun to think about, but some mention of trees being taken down in the area of the back side of Diamondback, unless it's a mass removal of trees (a handful, or selective cuts), it could just be a safety thing and/or done for the health of the surrounding trees (to prevent some sort of blight/fungus/etc from spreading among the rest of the wooded area). Not that I have any knowledge of that from looking at having to deal with some not-so-healthy mature sycamore trees on my own property.

On the fun side of this topic, if someone were (or knew) a pilot and flew over the area with a camera and shared them here...would that be in violation of any KI or KIC rules/policies? I don't have a sectional chart in front of me, but know KI is skirting Class B air space, which means it's 'under' Class C air space, but I think it's legal to fly there under FAA rules (if maintaining proper altitude etc).

I know this doesn't answer your question but one thing I regret is losing all the pictures I took of KI from a prop plane that my buddy flew me around in 14 years ago. It was a cool experience and one I'll never forget, though I wish I still had those photos to help me reminisce.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

On the fun side of this topic, if someone were (or knew) a pilot and flew over the area with a camera and shared them here...would that be in violation of any KI or KIC rules/policies? I don't have a sectional chart in front of me, but know KI is skirting Class B air space, which means it's 'under' Class C air space, but I think it's legal to fly there under FAA rules (if maintaining proper altitude etc).

This what you are looking for?a8edafbc00a02a4844dfb251863229fd.jpg

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

• Like 4

It looks like KD is probably getting a dark ride. So I think we can rule out a dark ride at KI next year (if anyone even things a dark ride is coming anymore...)

There goes my hopes and dreams :(

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I mean we DO already have a dark ride...it's not incredible but we do have one. Some of the CF parks do not.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

This what you are looking for?

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

Oh, I wasn't looking for the sectional, I just didn't have one in front of me when I made my post.

I was wondering if posting any pics taken while flying over the park would be a no-no.

• Like 4

Wait a minute - Cincinnati Bearcats fans actually exist?  :D

-LMSB, a Kentucky Wildcat fan like others here.

You'll find most of the fans of the Cincinnati Bearcats actually attended that University rather than most UK fans :)

The new WWC queue looks nice, maybe some intriguing elements that will incorporate close to the new queue.

Barking up the wrong tree on this one.  I'm proud to be an alum.  :)

• Like 5