Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

So some pics from yesterday. Deconstruction has carried on pretty much in the same vein as it has been, with much clearing going on behind a few feet of trees being left to line the train station area

3b7aaa005a033fdad56c634af26bf09b.jpg

^this is the best I could get of the "set pile" flags down in the ravine near the reservoir.

The side of the reservoir that faces the train has continued to be cleared, it is pretty much bare at this point

8d5ce892092e3e396b4c0e4485fdf3bf.jpg

a74dba4ee43f2b1540be3c992f1e522f.jpg

b5857ba1a532a3c1729234fd48a5bfd8.jpg

• Like 21

No. Let me educate you. The media has ways of obtaining information, they know the tricks and the processes throughly that everyday people are not aware of. All I was was going to do was get some pointers from that person.

And by law, public information filed with the building department cannot be withheld when requested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's less tricks and more a working relationship. To be honest there are no tricks and processes. We would call the police or PR or businesses/etc and ask for information. The longer you worked in an area the more you could be "trusted". If you were trusted they would give you information. Some you can tell and some you can't. If you burned a bridge you got less. If you got insider info and didn't divulge it till it was ready (you were the first) you got more later.

• Like 7

So some pics from yesterday. Deconstruction has carried on pretty much in the same vein as it has been, with much clearing going on behind a few feet of trees being left to line the train station area

[Pictures]

Magenta Lizard, thank you for all of your pictures, they are appreciated!

Whatever this is, I appreciate the meticulous tree clearing, as opposed to what we've seen on other projects. (See: Diamondback).

• Like 19

How far in advance would they need to submit plans? I wouldn't think clearing trees would require any plans to be filed. I'm not sure pouring footers would either. I have no knowledge of building construction laws, but I don't know why the city would care until an actual "structure" was being built.

I'm almost certain that any building has to go through the city of Mason. Just like your home, even though you own your land. You still have to file with the city to build a new garage.
  • Like 9

Need more wild baseless speculation in this thread!

Any chance a record breaking coaster of some sort? I know they tried with SOB, but perhaps another attempt?

We've got The Beast - worlds longest wooden. 

Banshee is the worlds longest inverted. 

Dinosaurs is the worlds largest dino exhibit per wikipedia.

isn't Delirium the worlds largest?

Falling trees? Falling records? SPECULATE SPECULATE SPECULATE!

• Like 7

This is probably nothing, and just a coincidence but has anyone else found it odd that the coaster themed foods/restaurants are gone? Banshee Twist went away without warning last month. And now the Snake Pit (right by Diamondback) is supposedly now "Rivertown Hot Dog." I haven't been there to see the hot dog place but this is what I've heard...and I'll be pretty sad if those cheesesteaks are gone.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

This is probably nothing, and just a coincidence but has anyone else found it odd that the coaster themed foods/restaurants are gone? Banshee Twist went away without warning last month. And now the Snake Pit (right by Diamondback) is supposedly now "Rivertown Hot Dog." I haven't been there to see the hot dog place but this is what I've heard...and I'll be pretty sad if those cheesesteaks are gone.

Rivertown Hot Dog? Didnt realize they ever sold hotdogs! Lol. That would be an interesting development, I can't think of anywhere in the park that offers hotdogs.

Sent from the cellphone Zach Morris used in Saved By The Bell using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Rivertown Hot Dog? Didnt realize they ever sold hotdogs! Lol. That would be an interesting development, I can't think of anywhere in the park that offers hotdogs.

Doesn't Skyline sell plain hot dogs?

• Like 6

If Kings Island is getting rid of the slight variety of food they do have (the one thing kind of going for the food department), then the food department will be in even worse shape than I thought.  

I think its time for a complete overhaul in the food department.  

• Like 5

Doesn't Skyline sell plain hot dogs?

Bahaha, I don't go to skyline in the park so I totally didn't even remember it is there. Oops.

• Like 6

Not a doubt in my mind this will break some kind of record. Maybe not the tallest, maybe not the longest, maybe even not the fastest, but its will definitely break a record.

Oh yes. It will break a record. "The longest Coaster West of the Ohio River and East of the Indiana Border!"  :P

Their is always a record to be broken! 

• Like 6

If Kings Island is getting rid of the slight variety of food they do have (the one thing kind of going for the food department), then the food department will be in even worse shape than I thought.

I was kind of wondering if maybe they were getting rid of coaster themed items to make way for a new coaster themed restaurant/food item. It's probably nothing but it makes me wonder why those things just up and disappeared. I know Carowinds sells a Fury burger and Dippin Dots.

• Like 3

There is a hot dog and sausage stand in Soak City (by tidal wave bay). The sausage with grilled onions and peppers is pretty good. It is a shame that the cheese steak is gone... Although it's not like that stand had been open much (ever??) This season anyway.

Not a doubt in my mind this will break some kind of record. Maybe not the tallest, maybe not the longest, maybe even not the fastest, but its will definitely break a record.

Oh yes. It will break a record. "The longest Coaster West of the Ohio River and East of the Indiana Border!"  :P

You do realize that would still be the longest coaster in North America, if it is bigger then The Beast. 

• Like 11

You do realize that would still be the longest coaster in North America, if it is bigger then The Beast. 

I was just being facetious...

• Like 2

There is a hot dog and sausage stand in Soak City (by tidal wave bay). The sausage with grilled onions and peppers is pretty good. It is a shame that the cheese steak is gone... Although it's not like that stand had been open much (ever??) This season anyway.

They were very good last year but it's all about perceived value as well when you think of people with a meal plan. Previously you got a hot and freshly made cheese steak with the toppings. Now you get a (foot long) hot dog or sausage. May be just as tasty and just as filling but I can get hot dogs elsewhere in the park...

• Like 2

[Pictures]

Magenta Lizard, thank you for all of your pictures, they are appreciated!

Whatever this is, I appreciate the meticulous tree clearing, as opposed to what we've seen on other projects. (See: Diamondback).

I agree. Thanks Magenta Lizard. I think I change my mind daily on what this is. Just when I'm convinced it's not a coaster, something happens to sway me. Based on your pictures now, the way they are gently cutting through the woods has me thinking Boulder Dash? Of course I'll probably be back to "no coaster" mode some other time. They really have me guessing.

• Like 6

Snake Pit was still open and selling cheesesteaks as of Coasterstock weekend. They were closed by the time I made it over that way tonight (around 7) but many food places closed early tonight, likely due to the weather scaring a lot of people off, but the sign still said Snake Pit and there was no evidence of anything changing there as far as food offerings go.

• Like 5