Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Snake Pit was still open and selling cheesesteaks as of Coasterstock weekend. They were closed by the time I made it over that way tonight (around 7) but many food places closed early tonight, likely due to the weather scaring a lot of people off, but the sign still said Snake Pit and there was no evidence of anything changing there as far as food offerings go.

Was there on 6/2 and it is now a hot dog and Italian sausage place with a new sign on the front.

• Like 4

Snake Pit was still open and selling cheesesteaks as of Coasterstock weekend. They were closed by the time I made it over that way tonight (around 7) but many food places closed early tonight, likely due to the weather scaring a lot of people off, but the sign still said Snake Pit and there was no evidence of anything changing there as far as food offerings go.

Was there on 6/2 and it is now a hot dog and Italian sausage place with a new sign on the front.

This seems like a strange thing to happen almost 2 months into the season.  Maybe their cheese steak provider went out of business?  Seems like training the food staff to make the cheese steaks and then later switching it to hot dogs is very weird.

• Like 3

This may seem far fetched, but...

I was at the park yesterday and watched Cirque: Origins.  I remember hearing at Coasterstock that it was specifically written for Kings Island.

I could relate portions of the show to Coney Mall, Oktoberfest, International Street and Action Zone.  Missing were Soak City, Rivertown and Planet Snoopy.  (Unless Rivertown was represented by the set decor itself.)

I left with the impression that something BIG is coming--that may be a return to the roots of what made KI so special, or a hint at what is coming in the future.  But I had a feeling that some things are going to change.

I for one am very happy with the nods towards the past:  the renovations of the clock, calendar, the tower topiary, and the return of the wisteria tunnels (the wisteria has been planted about a week and it has already grown several inches and started to coil around the wire base!).

My thoughts could be there because I want to see them, or they could be legitimate.  Who knows?

• Like 16

Now that you mention it, I do sort of see that....

The pole= Effial Tower/I-Street, People in yellow = Oktoberfest, The finale = Action Zone. The ball entrance could be Soak City (a waterslide).However, I'm not really seeing the Coney Connection, unless that is just the show itself being a part of Live Entertainment.

Good thoughts!

• Like 4

Actually a question emerges.

Why would they put a label on it if it's not painted? The grey is the actual colour. Which is a bit interesting... but at the same time, the grey on the yellow looks unpainted, while the grey on the grey piece of track actually looks painted grey.

• Like 9

This may seem far fetched, but...

I was at the park yesterday and watched Cirque: Origins.  I remember hearing at Coasterstock that it was specifically written for Kings Island.

I could relate portions of the show to Coney Mall, Oktoberfest, International Street and Action Zone.  Missing were Soak City, Rivertown and Planet Snoopy.  (Unless Rivertown was represented by the set decor itself.)

I left with the impression that something BIG is coming--that may be a return to the roots of what made KI so special, or a hint at what is coming in the future.  But I had a feeling that some things are going to change.

I for one am very happy with the nods towards the past:  the renovations of the clock, calendar, the tower topiary, and the return of the wisteria tunnels (the wisteria has been planted about a week and it has already grown several inches and started to coil around the wire base!).

My thoughts could be there because I want to see them, or they could be legitimate.  Who knows?

Those are some great thoughts about Cirque Origins! I need to see the show now for sure! 

• Like 4

The hot dog and Italian sausage place that used to be in Soak City is now gone, too.

It is interesting, and I would hope it means there will be a new special themed food item, but I fear it is just more cutting corners/saving pennies in food service.

The physical stand was replaced by a come refill station, but the hot dogs and sausages are now at the stand by the upper wave pool (which previously had hamburgers). Hamburgers are now only at the main Soak City grill. Total Soak City food options is unchanged, plus a drink refill station has been added.

• Like 4