Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Actually a question emerges.

Why would they put a label on it if it's not painted? The grey is the actual colour. Which is a bit interesting... but at the same time, the grey on the yellow looks unpainted, while the grey on the grey piece of track actually looks painted grey.

68671572.jpg

Sorry, had to.

• Like 8

I just watched the Ohio Valley Coasters video exploring the WWC queue and it seems almost excessively long to me. I haven't ridden WWC in a long time so I have to ask, could the line ever be long enough to fill that queue (95 degree Saturday in August)? If not, why would they spend the money to make the queue so long (it looks really nice, by the way)?

I said yesterday that I go in circles with my theories (I'll be back on team giga tomorrow), but I think a Rivertown expansion would be really nice in that area. They could do it and still build a GCI as the anchor to this section.

My new working theory is this new queue may actually be "Phase 1" of the expansion and the actual entrance to WWC may be shortened next year off this new path. Of course this theory gets blown out of the water (like a WWC cannon) if the general consensus is that the queue as is, is barely long enough to contain the WWC line.

• Like 8

I just watched the Ohio Valley Coasters video exploring the WWC queue and it seems almost excessively long to me. I haven't ridden WWC in a long time so I have to ask, could the line ever be long enough to fill that queue (95 degree Saturday in August)? If not, why would they spend the money to make the queue so long (it looks really nice, by the way)?

I said yesterday that I go in circles with my theories (I'll be back on team giga tomorrow), but I think a Rivertown expansion would be really nice in that area. They could do it and still build a GCI as the anchor to this section.

My new working theory is this new queue may actually be "Phase 1" of the expansion and the actual entrance to WWC may be shortened next year off this new path. Of course this theory gets blown out of the water (like a WWC cannon) if the general consensus is that the queue as is, is barely long enough to contain the WWC line.

Not all of that is the queue, Honestly the queue begins after the crossing. The rest is just a path...

Could the construction wall be a thematic turnaround for our possible coaster? Or will the queue be over there? We don't know yet. Time will tell. We have a few more months of the season, and a possible announcement on the way.

• Like 7

That YouTube video was the first I've seen of the new WWC line. That really makes me wonder if that is not a future pathway toward an expansion.

I wish that they had decided to create a path over or under the train tracks instead of a gate.

• Like 3

If i recall correctly the labels on the track at CSF no longer show the park name, an only show "Xwerks" as the customer.  This was in response to The Patriot issue a few years ago, where pictures were taken prior to the park announcing.

• Like 5

I could see the park having it split up or add a Plaza with a gift shop and a refill station or food stand with the enterence path back in there since they chose to use a crossing gate and not a bridge to go over the tracks which would be easier and you also wouldn't have to wait when the train leaves. But only time will tell.

• Like 1

I've never ridden a Wing Rider, but they look fun.

People on here speak otherwise, so I will have to ride one to see if they live up to my hype.

Smaller wings are typically better than large winged coasters, Thunderbird has an excuse
  • Like 7