Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

^See Diamondback and Banshee. KI hasn't done the two color track, even though I'd love that. (Also, see Valravn and Leviathon, and even Rougarou. Cedar Fair does two color track, but not every time)

I've never ridden a Wing Rider, but they look fun.

People on here speak otherwise, so I will have to ride one to see if they live up to my hype.

Ride Thunderbird, then ride Gatekeeper. If it is a Wing Coaster, I hope it's a launched one because the launched one is amazing, while the "Tallest, fastest, and longest" is... meh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

^Honestly, I think a wing rider will go in X-Base (Original thought, I know) or Action Zone. Action Zone would be a good fit because it fits the theme of "Floorless Rides" (Except Congo Falls of course, which I think will either be moved to a different section of the park/relocated to another park, not in the near future though. If say at least 5 years, most likely more though.

• Like 2

I seen on another forum someone said X-works means is for somewhere international. Any truth to that?

But if the Origin says USA.......I'm just going to assume that this track is going to be installed somewhere in the USA.............

• Like 1

Looking at the projects that B&M have over the year or two, I don't believe B&M will be the manufacturer of this new ride. There are 6 B&Ms to open in China and Vietnam by the end of 2017; three wing coasters, a dive machine, a sitdown of sorts, and Time Machine being reopened. So far, GCI has InvadR on their list for 2017 and nothing else. Am I completely ruling out B&M, no, but there is far less of a chance that B&M builds a coaster for KI for 2017.

• Like 1

Looking at the projects that B&M have over the year or two, I don't believe B&M will be the manufacturer of this new ride. There are 6 B&Ms to open in China and Vietnam by the end of 2017; three wing coasters, a dive machine, a sitdown of sorts, and Time Machine being reopened. So far, GCI has InvadR on their list for 2017 and nothing else. Am I completely ruling out B&M, no, but there is far less of a chance that B&M builds a coaster for KI for 2017.

What other parks get and how other companies are doing has no indication of if one park will get a coaster or not. Roller coasters take years to get everything ready, designed, and quadruple checked to make sure everything is ready when ground breaks. Intamin currently has more roller coasters being built right now than B&M. As for GCI, thy are still a possibility and I am not counting them out. I just think it is a little premature to count B&M out just because they have other projects in the making.

• Like 3

Guys, it's looking more RMCish, the markings indicate tight (overbanked?) turns, and the markings by the splash zone of WWC look like it will be a dive loop or innelman element.

How can you tell what the elements could be or the type of ride by a few markers? The markers show nothing, but where to dig and not to dig. You dig?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I think the first couple of letters on the "part no" line indicates what kind of coaster it is. I remember Banshee's track part no. started with IC2. IC's are inverted coasters. The key is to figure out the first few digits. Inverted, Wing, Hypers, Gigas and Dive coasters all have their own unique first three digits that show what kind of track it is. Since this looks to begin with "W2", it may be a wing coaster.

• Like 5

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned as I'm not caught up on all the new pages, but what if the "watch for falling trees" hinted at a new drop coaster like the one CP just got. Seems as if KI and CP flip flop and share new attractions in alternate seasons for example WindSeeker, Dinosaurs Alive.

Regardless, we've got a new ro.. Ride or attraction coming

• Like 2

Wouldn't a Verbolten type ride thematically fit in that dark forest behind the train station?

Though I would love that, there is another coaster in a back lot that is aimed at the same age group.

Also, if the tag for an inverted coaster is supposedly "IC" why isn't a wing coaster "WC"? I'm not saying it's not true, just wondering why it is that

• Like 1

I think the first couple of letters on the "part no" line indicates what kind of coaster it is. I remember Banshee's track part no. started with IC2. IC's are inverted coasters. The key is to figure out the first few digits. Inverted, Wing, Hypers, Gigas and Dive coasters all have their own unique first three digits that show what kind of track it is. Since this looks to begin with "W2", it may be a wing coaster.

I agree and the picture above looks like it shows Valravn starts with DM- so Dive Machine? 

• Like 1

I agree and the picture above looks like it shows Valravn starts with DM- so Dive Machine? 

Yeah, it seems so. I have never seen the part no. for a giga or hyper from B&M. It may start with a H or G. I don't think KI is getting a wing coaster, though. I hope for a giga.

• Like 3