Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I would assume it is MC for Mega coaster. I can go back and try to find some labels from Fury.

Edit: While I could not find a clear picture of Fury's track label I did find the abbreviations. SC- Sitting, LC- Laying/Flying, MC-Mega coaster, WI- Wing, DM- Dive Machine, and IC- Inverted coaster.

• Like 10

Someone mentioned the possibility of this being a Rocky Mountain Construction coaster because of tight turns and a possible inversion. Didn't GCI say that they too can go upside down, because we already know they can to overbanked curves?

Doesn't Rocky Mountain usually have a list of what projects they have in what state/country? Last year they confirmed projects in Tennessee (Lightning Rod at Dollywood), Kentucky (Kentucky Kingdom), and California (Joker at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom). With that list, we may have a better idea of what is happening in Rivertown and to Mean Streak.

• Like 1

Is that what happened? I had thought Cedar Fair was considering the product from the "other company" but when they had finally settled on Mondial the "other company" started publicly whining about patent infringement, ruining the announcement for the WindSeekers. 

• Like 1

Ask?

More like make it a condition of sale.

That's how Cedar Fair ended up with WindSeekers. Seems the other company made a premature announcement. Contract cancelled. Oopsie.

Yes all I'm saying is just because RMC doesn't have a project listed in Ohio or Kings Island doesn't mean there isn't one.

• Like 7

I've seen the stage there since opening day, but today there were speakers added. Maybe there is more to 2017 than just the falling tree zone? Maybe Oktoberfest will be getting a "classic ride" makeover for next year in addition to whatever is happening in RiverTown and the stage is there for a future announcement of some kind?

• Like 3

It looks like KD is probably getting a dark ride. So I think we can rule out a dark ride at KI next year (if anyone even things a dark ride is coming anymore...)

Source of KD getting a dark ride?

There's no solid evidence (hence why I said "probably"). But KD gutted out their slaughterhouse. So it looks to be that way.

Same with Canada's Wonderland there is no confirmation, but there is a pretty good idea of what they are getting. Most people seem to agree it will be a water park expansion. The assumption is that it will be the same drop slide set which King's Island just received.

• Like 1