Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Has anybody thought that we may be looking at a Gerstlauer Spinning Coaster? It would fit perfectly in the given area, and it could even be marketed as part of Planet Snoopy.

Weclome to KIC!

Interesting idea, but I honestly hope not (spinning around isn't much fun for me). I'd ride it once, just to get the credit. Unless it REALLY impressed me that would probably be it.

I doubt the next addition to the park would be included in Planet Snoopy, though, since it just got the new flyers last year. Obviously, I reserve the right to be utterly wrong.

• Like 2

I don't think a spinning coaster would be the best fit for KI due to the capacity. I mean we do have a few low capacity coasters, but they were all installed pre-Cedar Fair and the lines on all of them get absolutely ridiculous..this is partly why they're so fond of B&M. It's not impossible that they would get one, I just don't think it's likely because of the capacity.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I wasn't around for the last two big coasters added to the park. What's the general timeline from, say, DB and Banshee?

I'm assuming it's the fence, a teaser/hint here and there until later in the season and there's an announcement, then a season of construction and then we get the ride?

• Like 2

And I disagree, so does that make me a CP fanboy? The thing is, we all like coasters.....some may like a coaster that you don't like....that doesn't mean they are a troll or a CP fanboy.

Let's get back to the decoding.

I understand that. But the guy I quoted is still nothing more than a ridiculous fanboy. He has shown that time and time again in his posts. He stated Millenium Force was better than Fury. And those of us that have experienced both, laughed hysterically.

I think the only Giga coaster worse than Fury is Leviarhan. Both are forceless B&M snooze machines. Neither of those 2 coasters would make my top 100 steel.

• Like 1

If read the way i read the clues, I see us getting another big coaster. KI has 14 total "coasters" Subtract the smaller ones: Woodstock Express, Flying Ace Aerial Chase, and The Great Pumpkin Coaster, you will get the number of 12. The number on the blue train. I'm sure none of us consider Surf Dog a coaster.

14 - 3 = 12?

That's not what I was taught back in Caintuckee.

Terp -- who learns the darnest things here.

That's that new common core math.

• Like 19

That's an elevation note. -0.51 ft down from the line on the stake is the proposed top of curb...definitely a pathway/road of some kind.

Also, I'd say it most likely will go in very soon. You typically don't put a stake in the ground if it's not going in for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at the playground with my son when I made this statement so I didn't look at the picture close enough. After looking at it closer I realized that no prep work has been done at all. You wouldn't pour a curb without the ground being prepped for pavement, so this is most likely a rough grading stake, showing the dozers/bobcats...whatever, where the final elevation will be. It still means that a curb will ultimately be there (3 feet away from the stake), but it won't happen until the site is prepped (they'll re-stake it after the site is prepped when they are ready for the actual curb).

All that to say that I expect the "fallen trees" to be cleaned out and dirt to start moving in that area soon. In our little friend's case the "C" means "cut" dirt out...not much though, only 0.51 feet (or about 6").

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The park has long included it as a coaster...

Have they really? Interesting...

And I had never realized this until Terp informed me a while ago. I had always heard the park mention 14 coasters and had never heard it referred to as one...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Every single other ride, the person who is operating the Control panel is always someone with a pure White tag. While with flat rides such as Delirium, WindSeeker, Gliders, or any other ride that is not a roller coaster, I have seen both Blue striped tags, and pure White tags driving them.

Surf Dog has Blue tags operating it. 

What I mean by tags, by the way, is name tags.

• Like 1

Got my mind wondering about the trademark centurion and the train Twitter pics. Decided to google "Centurion 1912" to scratch my curiosity. Very interesting stuff!

Dip N' Dots guy always seems to be on break when I pass by. Would like to compare notes. Lol

• Like 5