Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

If read the way i read the clues, I see us getting another big coaster. KI has 14 total "coasters" Subtract the smaller ones: Woodstock Express, Flying Ace Aerial Chase, and The Great Pumpkin Coaster, you will get the number of 12. The number on the blue train. I'm sure none of us consider Surf Dog a coaster.

14 - 3 = 12?

That's not what I was taught back in Caintuckee.

Terp -- who learns the darnest things here.

That's that new common core math.

Best post yet  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 8

Every single other ride, the person who is operating the Control panel is always someone with a pure White tag. While with flat rides such as Delirium, WindSeeker, Gliders, or any other ride that is not a roller coaster, I have seen both Blue striped tags, and pure White tags driving them.

Surf Dog has Blue tags operating it.

What I mean by tags, by the way, is name tags.

White name tag means they are 18 years old or older. Blue means 16 to 17 and yellow means 14

• Like 3

I don't get how people will be unhappy by a new ride addition. I get that people may be disappointed, like I would be if we don't get a B&M giga, but I won't be unhappy if we get something else. Bring on the GCI, RMC, Mack, and (least likely but very fun) Intamin! If you don't like the ride, you still have everything else in the park that they had the season before (except in the case where a ride is taken out and replaced by a worse ride *Cough*Backlot Stunt Track* Cough*). Just be happy that we are getting something new, while other parks have been dying to get anything (See Michigan's Adventure)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 12

I don't get how people will be unhappy by a new ride addition. I get that people may be disappointed, like I would be if we don't get a B&M giga, but I won't be unhappy if we get something else. Bring on the GCI, RMC, Mack, and (least likely but very fun) Intamin! If you don't like the ride, you still have everything else in the park that they had the season before (except in the case where a ride is taken out and replaced by a worse ride *Cough*Backlot Stunt Track* Cough*). Just be happy that we are getting something new, while other parks have been dying to get anything (See Michigan's Adventure)

Hey... Michigan's Adventure got something INCREDIBLE for their 40th anniversary this year..a petting zoo!!! Probably the first non pre-owned attraction they've gotten since CF took over...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Every single other ride, the person who is operating the Control panel is always someone with a pure White tag. While with flat rides such as Delirium, WindSeeker, Gliders, or any other ride that is not a roller coaster, I have seen both Blue striped tags, and pure White tags driving them.

Surf Dog has Blue tags operating it.

What I mean by tags, by the way, is name tags.

White name tag means they are 18 years old or older. Blue means 16 to 17 and yellow means 14

White 18+

Blue 16-17

Yellow 15-

The rule is that anyone under the age of 17 in Cedar Fair (Or at least with Kings Island) Cannot operate a roller coaster. 

But if people with Blue tags are operating Surf Dog, then the park does not see it as a roller coaster. 

• Like 4

^Yeah, Intamin took the "B&M approach and did box track for a time. See also the defunct Flashback

And the disassembled, rusty mess that is clearly piled up in pieces and plainly visible (if you know where to look) from a main road just across the street from Darien Lake.

I always wondered why Intamin Stand-up track looked like that. The even weirder part is that those rides came out before B&M even started. Also, Cheetah Hunt says hi.

Yes, I know there are other green INTAMINs, but the green track (for a yet-to-be-built coaster) at CSF IS green track, and DOES resemble a certain type of INTAMIN track. So it did exist all along, it just took several years to actually show up :P

• Like 6

Need some Gold Bond for all that stretching homestar? :P

There is truth to that though, Walt and Claude both worked for Giovanola, a company who supplied rides to Intamin, in particular, their stand ups and the ride formerly known as Flashback at SFMM, which have track that's identical to what B&M uses today. 

• Like 6

I have mixed opinions on the biggest CF parks getting all the rides. On the one hand,it would be nice to see parks like WOF getting world class rides, but I also think that parks like Cedar Fair need more rides to keep their legacies.

It's not about legacy so much as it is about return on investment. Which is why you'll probably never see a giga at Michigan's Adventure.

• Like 7

Nothing to see here. Just some trees, and a few engineers and stone carvers working on an 80' statue... move along

Sculptors.jpg

This is the best post in this whole thread.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Might even be the best post ever on the forum. I legitimately laughed out loud

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 9