Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Assuming the post is legit - I don't know much about reading prints like this, but unless there's some detail in other parts of the plans that weren't posted...it looks like a relatively pedestrian ride.

BUT...

It's very hard to get a sense of scale, height, etc...

• Like 2

Assuming the post is legit - I don't know much about reading prints like this, but unless there's some detail in other parts of the plans that weren't posted...it looks like a relatively pedestrian ride.

BUT...

It's very hard to get a sense of scale, height, etc...

Agreed. Plus, we do not know if this is GCI or perhaps RMC. Also, we say this is "Tame" but we do not know any quirks about it. Maybe it's launched or has inversions.

Still, I'm slightly disappointed if it is, in fact, a wooden. I'm still gonna ride and reride it though!!! I just think a different Ohio park should have gotten it...

Plus, can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm kind of worried about our current wooden coasters. I was there yesterday around 2pm and saw that both The Racer and The Beast had pretty big lines (Beast Containment Area 1 was partially opened up and the turn gates in The Racer's queue house had to be opened up for line flow, with both sides operating), so maybe I'm just being a Nervous Nelly about all of this as I'm an extremely nostalgic, wooden coaster loving person.

• Like 3

NI'm kind of worried about our current wooden coasters. I was there yesterday around 2pm and saw that both The Racer and The Beast had pretty big lines (Beast Containment Area 1 was partially opened up and the turn gates in The Racer's queue house had to be opened up for line flow, with both sides operating), so maybe I'm just being a Nervous Nelly about all of this as I'm an extremely nostalgic, wooden coaster loving person.

Maybe I'm completely missing your meaning here, but why would "pretty big lines" on a Wednesday make you worried/nervous? Wouldn't that mean the rides are popular? Isn't that a good thing?

I remember lines for The Beast stretching well into the park, nobody was worried about the ride, then.

edit: speaking of, anybody know of (or have a link to) a pic of the paws painted on the ground for that line?

• Like 5

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised about this with how recently SOB was taken down. I could see the GP react in many different ways.

Could we see a return of the "Tallest and Fastest wooden coaster in the world"? Probably not, but I can still hope...

Also, the name "Splintercat" is beginning to come back into my head...

• Like 11

I'm so confused why everyone is so not excited for it, the fact is it will be a GREAT ride, with some great elements, at least we are not Cedar Point getting a Dive Coaster, thought I am confused where is the lift hill? 

• Like 12

I'm so confused why everyone is so not excited for it, the fact is it will be a GREAT ride, with some great elements, at least we are not Cedar Point getting a Dive Coaster, thought I am confused where is the lift hill? 

While I already admitted lack of knowledge/understanding in reading plans...

Aside from the portion at the top-right of the image, it looks like an out-and-back ride. As far as coast layouts are concerned, that's not very interesting to me. 

I'll reiterate that we don't know height, drop, scale etc and that COULD make the ride more interesting. 

I'll ride it at least once, maybe even on every visit. But, right now, it doesn't appear to be something that be in my top 3 at the park. If I end up being wrong, I'll gladly admit it here. (or whatever thread is appropriate at that time).

• Like 2

Looking at the blueprints, is anyone else reminded of Lightning Rods final turnaround into the brake run with (what I believe is) the final turnaround into the brake run or is that just me?

Edit: To the above post, I can think of an out and back wooden roller coaster that is incredible (better than The Beast in my opinion) and really takes you for a voyage...

• Like 8

NI'm kind of worried about our current wooden coasters. I was there yesterday around 2pm and saw that both The Racer and The Beast had pretty big lines (Beast Containment Area 1 was partially opened up and the turn gates in The Racer's queue house had to be opened up for line flow, with both sides operating), so maybe I'm just being a Nervous Nelly about all of this as I'm an extremely nostalgic, wooden coaster loving person.

Maybe I'm completely missing your meaning here, but why would "pretty big lines" on a Wednesday make you worried/nervous? Wouldn't that mean the rides are popular? Isn't that a good thing?

I remember lines for The Beast stretching well into the park, nobody was worried about the ride, then.

edit: speaking of, anybody know of (or have a link to) a pic of the paws painted on the ground for that line?

I was a tad nervous about what this new coaster might mean for the popularity of The Racer and The Beast in the future. I figured that the long lines I saw yesterday was reassuring, which is why I called myself a Nervous Nelly, because their future popularity may not be a problem. Never said long lines worried me, I usually breathe a sigh of relief.

I'm also sure it'll be a good ride when built.

It looks like Prowler to me.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I have to agree with you. It looks like a small to medium sized GCI or GG. My guess 80ft height, into a curved drop. Hits max at 40~50mph a tunnel or a near miss with the railroad bridge. Then out and back. Just my guess.

• Like 2

If this is true, it's not what I want but I am not going to complain either. The plans look boring but that means nothing, I will echo that we do not know what it will really look like. It could end up being my favorite ride. I will reserve final judgement until I ride it.

• Like 2

Looking at the blueprints, is anyone else reminded of Lightning Rods final turnaround into the brake run with (what I believe is) the final turnaround into the brake run or is that just me?

Edit: To the above post, I can think of an out and back wooden roller coaster that is incredible (better than The Beast in my opinion) and really takes you for a voyage...

I noticed that too

This looks like a fun ride. Excited to see future development!

One thing I'm curious about is the amount/if their are inversions or extreme bank turns like other rides that look similar to this. We will have to wait and see!

EDIT: As far as I know, we do not know the plans. So just judging, I would say a height of around 90-110 max. Once again that is just me guessing for fun!

• Like 1