Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Is it typical for a full-ride-layout to be turned in to Mason prior to the park announcing it?  I'm a bit skeptical.  And it would seem a clumsy move by the park, would it not?

I was thinking this as well, but like mentioned, this does not show scale or details. This is simply showing the layout, and what will happen in each "zone" there could possibly be more information to be had on these plans, but without seeing them???

• Like 2

Is it typical for a full-ride-layout to be turned in to Mason prior to the park announcing it?  I'm a bit skeptical.  And it would seem a clumsy move by the park, would it not?

I was thinking this as well, but like mentioned, this does not show scale or details. This is simply showing the layout, and what will happen in each "zone" there could possibly be more information to be had on these plans, but without seeing them???

That would likely depend on zoning by the city/township/county/etc. In some places, you have to submit plans and get them approved prior to being allowed to break ground for the posts. 

• Like 2

There's one part on the plan that says, "Area of work".  I'm wondering if that's what this permit/blueprint/whatever is all about---that specific area---and the rest of the diagram is irrelevant for the purposes of whatever work they submitted this for.  That would mean the rest of the diagram could be intentionally inaccurate because it simply doesn't matter yet.

I don't know...just a thought.

• Like 3

Not saying it's not a wooden coaster just without the other pages posted still think there's a lot that can't be ruled out yet. That said if a wooden the layout from above can look just as much GCI as RMC. Look at the layouts of Prowler, Lightning Rod, Goldstriker, and Outlaw Run. Definitely can't conclude a manufacturer at this point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

• Like 2

There's one part on the plan that says, "Area of work". I'm wondering if that's what this permit/blueprint/whatever is all about---that specific area---and the rest of the diagram is irrelevant for the purposes of whatever work they submitted this for. That would mean the rest of the diagram could be intentionally inaccurate because it simply doesn't matter yet.

I'm not saying that is incorrect, but the area of work looks as if it could fit in my dorm room. Hahaha.
  • Like 3

Required by law to do work.  Both Diamondback and Banshee blueprints were available long before the announcements.

• Like 4

What you see is a "key plan" so its hard to know what the scale of this thing is.

If I had to guess, it appears (starting in Zona 1A) there is an unloading zone, similar to what I saw on Renegade at Valleyfair as well as a couple of GCI woodies I've seen on Youtube.  They were not using the unloading zone at Valleyfair that day, don't know how often they use it.  Then there is the loading zone/station.  Then you see the lift hill, followed by a double turn drop, which was an awesome feature on Renegade.

Then it appears you have a couple of air time hills, a quick turn around and perhaps another double turn drop heading back to the station; some more air time hills, then perhaps a tunnel or interaction w/ the lift hill, perhaps an overbanked turn or two then the break run and back to the unloading zone.

Frankly I see a lot in common w/ renegade, and I've mentioned on more than one occasion that would be my preference for KI's next coaster.  I can't mention enough how blown away I was by that ride experience, my son and I just looked at each other as we got off with a "what the heck" expression on or faces; I don't think either of us were expecting that kind of thrill when we got in line.  My only regret was that my wife was pregnant and couldn't experience it for herself.  I'm very excited if this is true.

Also, FWIW, the S1.1 on the bottom would seem to indicate that this is a structural plan, would be nice to see the rest of the plan.

• Like 12

Kings Dominion has a tunnel just like that. I think it's over by Grizzly and the water rides.

Well. Kings Dominion has a floral tunnel. But yes without the vines it looks pretty much like that. If KI turns this into a floral tunnel that would be AMAZING. Because honestly KI needs to work on its appearance. (Just look at tower gardens...)

Kings Island grounds crew has planted several vine type plants spaced several feet apart from each other at the base of the two tunnels!

• Like 5

There's one part on the plan that says, "Area of work".  I'm wondering if that's what this permit/blueprint/whatever is all about---that specific area---and the rest of the diagram is irrelevant for the purposes of whatever work they submitted this for.  That would mean the rest of the diagram could be intentionally inaccurate because it simply doesn't matter yet.

Diversions. Thinking inside the box, etc etc.

• Like 2

It's not even that. It's just that at this point, we're likely not getting a giga until the 50th anniversary, at the earliest. 2022. Ugh.

There's nothing wrong with that...

We're the only major CF park without one, and now we'd have to wait an additional 6 years.  Of course there is something wrong with that.

• Like 2

So I see on the plan, at the edge appears to be water - the edge to the reservoir, I'm guessing?  If so, this thing isn't very big at all.  Is it possible this could be some kind of flume ride and not a coaster?

That is a drawing cloud, generally used to identify the area of a revision so those don't get confused with earlier plans and know where to look on a plan and what they can ignore in terms of new changes.  The "enlarged" area that this plan is identifying would be to the left of the cloud, the coaster layout is just a key plan, so its impossible to discern height or exact scale.

• Like 2

If I went to the records office, i'd take more than one photo. Perhaps one of the entire page? Would be nice to have a bit of perspective or perhaps just see if there's anything else of relevance on the page..c'mon, KIE.

• Like 5

It's not even that. It's just that at this point, we're likely not getting a giga until the 50th anniversary, at the earliest. 2022. Ugh.

We're the only major CF park without one, and now we'd have to wait an additional 6 years.  Of course there is something wrong with that.

why 6 years?  If nothing else, the new leadership has shown there is no exact time table for major coaster installations.  If this is a GCI woodie, the costs won't be as high as Banshee, so we may well see a similar 3 year waiting period until we see "decoding project 2020" pop up.

• Like 4

We're the only major CF park without one, and now we'd have to wait an additional 6 years. Of course there is something wrong with that.
Well it seems like KI is just being different. Just because other parks have them doesn't mean KI should get one. KI is in my opinion the best CF park. And look at Carowinds, they have a giga but they are still only the 4th or 5th best. Gigas aren't everything...
  • Like 8

Now that you have an address, you could walk into the city of mason offices and request to see the permits for the project at the listed address on the drawing.  Everything would be tied to that, if these are legit.  I don't know who KIexpo is, so I don't know if they can be trusted.  Anyhoo, if they could get in to see them and snap a picture, then anyone else should be able to, and its far easier to indentify what to ask for if this picture/story is legit.

• Like 5

why 6 years?  If nothing else, the new leadership has shown there is no exact time table for major coaster installations.  If this is a GCI woodie, the costs won't be as high as Banshee, so we may well see a similar 3 year waiting period until we see "decoding project 2020" pop up.

While this is entirely possible, with that being CP 150th anniversary I'm fairly certain that will be their year. Knott's doesn't have a giga so we are clearly not the only major park without one.

We're the only major CF park without one, and now we'd have to wait an additional 6 years. Of course there is something wrong with that.

Well that's one opinion.... If there is no giga will you not come back? Reality check. We can't all get what we want. We all like different things. That's the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

To everyone who is disappointed, at least we are GETTING a coaster!

Michigans Adventure hasnt gotten a brand spanking new coaster since the last Millenium, 1999! 

Kings Dominon has gone 6 years without a new rollercoaster.

Valleyfair has gone 9 years without a new coaster.

The list goes on.

We should be thankful, not spiteful for this.

If you would have asked me two days ago if I was disappointed, I would be. However, after riding Holiday Worlds wooden rollercoasters, especially The Legend which was retracked by GCI, I am positively ecstatic!

• Like 16

Gigas aren't everything...

So true. The bigger the better right? Not necessarily. We all (mostly) love Gigas. They're awesome. But look at the rich, diverse, tenured history KI has. Now take that history and turn it forwards, looking with an eye perhaps to how CF plans to keep improving the park and making it better. They're just as aware as we are of how great this park was, is, and how they can continue to make it so. They know what the park needs to make it better.

I'm not saying they don't make mistakes or cannot improve. But overall, I trust that whatever they choose to add to the park will be a stellar addition, and based on what I've seen today I'm very excited for KI's future. And we may well be seeing that Giga soon. Will it be worth the wait? Absolutely.  :)

• Like 6