Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I feel like, I might have bad news if this is our official layout....

I attempted to put the layout in Rivertown (With a blueprint I had of the entire park (Well mostly a reference area when it was Banshee Blueprints, but still...) The only way I was able to make it properly fit, was with Flume gone.

c. That which is occurring in the park will intensify as the answer clearly reveals itself--some will be in utter shock and surprise--others will not. And the park will be pleased. At least it hopes so.

• Like 1

I super imposed the plans over their terrain , the turn around is where the old funnel cake stand and the coaster will shoot under the train bridge....and no I'm not sharing the picture. Again like Terpy said. The area outside the focus area could be false. Since the project number is on the plan, I guess I'll get a copy tomorrow. And again no, I will not share it online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Long time KICentral reader (over ten years or more) first time poster. Every time a new project is on the way I throughly enjoy reading all the speculation. I live in Huntington, Wv and have been coming to Kings Island since I was in diapers! (Hanna Barbera Land, The Smurf Adventure, The Witches Cauldron, King Cobra, KCKC, riding Son of Beast with and without the loop, etc.) the list could go on! Many amazing memories. I applaud Cedar Fair for trying to bring back the park to its former glory! I feel blessed to have such a great park within a 2 1/2 hour drive.

As far as the rumored to be wooden coaster, I'm pumped! Given the fact that the park is sparingly removing trees will only add to the sensation of speeding through the woods! Kings Island has what many parks do not... secluded, wooded land. I can't wait to go zipping past the trees, by the reservoir, through tunnels on our new CGI, RMC, or whatever we get. I'm just blessed we are getting what looks to be a coaster.

• Like 21

Long time KICentral reader (over ten years or more) first time poster. Every time a new project is on the way I throughly enjoy reading all the speculation. I live in Huntington, Wv and have been coming to Kings Island since I was in diapers! (Hanna Barbera Land, The Smurf Adventure, The Witches Cauldron, King Kobra, KCKC, riding Son of Beast with and without the loop, etc. the list could go on! Many amazing f memories. I applaud Cedar Fair for trying to bring back the park to its former glory! I feel blessed to have such a great park within a 2 1/2 hour drive.

As far as the rumored to be wooden coaster, I'm pumped! Given the fact that the park is sparingly removing trees will only add to the sensation of speeding through the woods! Kings Island has what many parks do not... Secluded, wooded land. I can't wait to go zipping past the trees, by the reservoir, through tunnels on our new CGI, RMC, or whatever get. I'm just blessed we are getting what looks to be a coaster.

It's definitely a good spot for a woodie. And welcome to the forums.

Edit: noticed on the Facebook page someone else superimposed the layout on Google Maps and had basically the same thing I did. It's the one with the layout in red.

• Like 8

Hey guys. I'm a bit of a lurker (if anyone's over at TPR they may know me) but I threw this together, making the station about the same size as Diamondback's (just a little smaller as Diamondback has incredibly long trains) and came up with this.

I scaled the station before I put the drop where it is, its not shoehorned to fit. It just fits... and it splits perfectly to get under Diamondback's supports with an empty field waiting on the other side.

I hate this scenario because I think removing the flume is a terrible idea, but it fits too well and puts the drop in a great visual area for me to believe it's not what they have in mind. Hopefully someone can convince me that I'm wrong though. lol

thumb_badidea.jpg

• Like 14

Welcome to KIC.

And visit Camden Park.

Often, please.

I will, I'm sure of it.....

But why the random Camden plug?

The welcomed member is from Huntington.

BwaHaHaHa.

I hear Carly Simon singin'

Yep, missed that.

I should pay more attention.

• Like 2

^^Tb, Did you just change your profile picture for the first time in a long time!?  :)

Falling trees = wooden coaster, shoulda seen that in hindsight, but hindsight is a funny and tragic thing.

LOL! Yeah. I liked the Plants Vs. Zombies mushroom because he reminds me of the geysers at WWC; however, I always have a little fun with these attraction-guessing threads. Those who know don't say anything; those who don't know break out the PhotoShop! ... I do think "Train" is a play on "Terrain," though.  I wouldn't have guessed it without "key," but I'm not sure where else the term "Key terrain" is used in the civilian world...

• Like 3

Hey guys. I'm a bit of a lurker (if anyone's over at TPR they may know me) but I threw this together, making the station about the same size as Diamondback's (just a little smaller as Diamondback has incredibly long trains) and came up with this.

I scaled the station before I put the drop where it is, its not shoehorned to fit. It just fits... and it splits perfectly to get under Diamondback's supports with an empty field waiting on the other side.

I hate this scenario because I think removing the flume is a terrible idea, but it fits too well and puts the drop in a great visual area for me to believe it's not what they have in mind. Hopefully someone can convince me that I'm wrong though. lol

thumb_badidea.jpg

You almost have it. Let's just say....bye bye Crypt building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

thumb_badidea.jpg

Keep in mind this puts the possible station(s) rather far from any paths except for the Picnic Grove, although probably not so far that I would rule it out. It could also be moved over more where the funnel cake building used to be and still is in that pic. I think it would need to be positioned so that the tracks next to each other would go under the train bridge with this positioning splitting too early.

• Like 3

Regarding the train bridge, is it in the same general line? If so a slight difference in where it splits could be caused by scaling. My scaling method of putting the station over another station would lead to a realistic size but it's hardly exact. Over the length of the layout even being slightly off could make a big difference.

• Like 3

If this is indeed wooden, I'm super pumped! I've been wanting this for a long time.

To you giga coaster guys, be patient. It almost assuredly won't be 37 years, (time since last good wooden coaster) or 17 years, (time since any wooden coaster).

I'm sure you'll all love this. GCI's are awesome!

• Like 10

Regarding the train bridge, is it in the same general line? If so a slight difference in where it splits could be caused by scaling. My scaling method of putting the station over another station would lead to a realistic size but it's hardly exact. Over the length of the layout even being slightly off could make a big difference.

Scale is definitely the issue with placing this coaster. Also keep in mind that the blueprint is likely top down while Google Maps is not.