Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Welcome to KIC FlyMartyFly!

Thank you and as other lurkers turned poster, I love reading these posts and look forward to my next visit with a new ride or maybe more on the next visit. Shoot, maybe we get a woodie AND a giga at the same time! Probably not possible but still doesn't hurt for my number one park to expand even faster than normal, for me tondream BIG!!!! I will always be thankful of the commitment CF is putting into the park.

• Like 2

Here is my attempt at laying it out.

vn14wl.jpg

I think I am close on this one. The 90 degree turn out of the station is to go around the log flume. The only problem I have with this is that I am having trouble scaling the layout so I am not on top of the train tracks next to the water reservoir for WWC. But it makes sense to me and would not require the removal of any more buildings or attractions.

Entrance and exit are where the funnel cake stand used to be and follows next to the log flume between it and the train tracks. There has been clearing in this area and I was surprised at how much space there is.
  • Like 9

Here is my attempt at laying it out.

vn14wl.jpg

I think I am close on this one. The 90 degree turn out of the station is to go around the log flume. The only problem I have with this is that I am having trouble scaling the layout so I am not on top of the train tracks next to the water reservoir for WWC. But it makes sense to me and would not require the removal of any more buildings or attractions.

Entrance and exit are where the funnel cake stand used to be and follows next to the log flume between it and the train tracks. There has been clearing in this area and I was surprised at how much space there is.

I like this set up the best.
  • Like 5

^^
No, if this layout is indeed true, I too expect some tunnels and this to be another great night ride alongside The Beast. (So long as they don't take out too many trees...)

Also- if this is true- this is exciting whether it be a RMC or GCI, since both of those companies have made some of the best roller coasters in the world. I'm leaning towards this being a GCI though- Cedar Fair has worked with them before several times with no issues, it looks like it has 2 stations (a GCI hallmark) and a curved drop after the lift hill (another GCI hallmark). I am just wondering what the heck that large straight section in the middle could be...the lift would be BEFORE that, I'd think...

• Like 7

Hey guys. I'm a bit of a lurker (if anyone's over at TPR they may know me) but I threw this together, making the station about the same size as Diamondback's (just a little smaller as Diamondback has incredibly long trains) and came up with this.

I scaled the station before I put the drop where it is, its not shoehorned to fit. It just fits... and it splits perfectly to get under Diamondback's supports with an empty field waiting on the other side.

I hate this scenario because I think removing the flume is a terrible idea, but it fits too well and puts the drop in a great visual area for me to believe it's not what they have in mind. Hopefully someone can convince me that I'm wrong though. lol

thumb_badidea.jpg

I did the same thing on the KIE Facebook post. Except I have it going in a different direction. I'm on my phone, not sure if i can post that photo. b57eb98c2d936be230d642b0a53071c3.jpg

Hey guys. I'm a bit of a lurker (if anyone's over at TPR they may know me) but I threw this together, making the station about the same size as Diamondback's (just a little smaller as Diamondback has incredibly long trains) and came up with this.

I scaled the station before I put the drop where it is, its not shoehorned to fit. It just fits... and it splits perfectly to get under Diamondback's supports with an empty field waiting on the other side.

I hate this scenario because I think removing the flume is a terrible idea, but it fits too well and puts the drop in a great visual area for me to believe it's not what they have in mind. Hopefully someone can convince me that I'm wrong though. lol

thumb_badidea.jpg

You almost have it. Let's just say....bye bye Crypt building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The footers look exactly like the ones in the plans. Here is an example of the difference in the size of footers and how the smaller ones represent a twist in the track.

Lightning_Rod_Roller_Coaster_Quadruple_D

Not to be a stickler here, but I thought you said you knew but couldn't tell? Even though this is possibly a leak, I won't believe it till it's confirmed on their page. I still believe this is a GCI wooden roller coaster. Maybe they can get the loop right If they decide to go that route.

• Like 6