Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I'm glad we're not getting a giga this year. While KI needs one, we need another woodie bad.

I'm not disappointed no matter what, but if we're left to wait I just hope when they do build a Giga that it's huge, fast, all sorts of record-breaking.

I think KI is waiting to build an amazing giga. Let's not forget that Fury just opened last year. I don't think Cedar Fair wants to steel (pun intended) it's thunder by building something better only a couple of years after opening it. I think they have something better than Fury on the drawing board, we're just going to have to wait to get it.

• Like 6

I don't know how I feel about that. Gwazi, Roar, and Wildcat all experienced roughness issues, and those are or were only 20 years old. Are you sure that GCI inversions would be a smart move?

Ironic that every GCI that has been notorious for being rough had long used PTCs.....

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

^^Diamondback, WindSeeker, and Banshee would like to disagree with that statement.

1) While Magnum and DBack are both hypers, they're COMPLETELY different, as DBack gives a MUCH smoother ride.

2) WindSeeker was just a hot mess of an investment that most Cedar Fair parks were basically dragged into and really doesn't count for much of anything because it's closed so often.

3) And then there's Raptor and Banshee...that's actually a fair comparison in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

From the looks of the layout, it does seem to mirror certain elements of GCI coasters. However, screamscape is reporting of an RMC makeover of Mean Streak. I know the legitimacy of screamscape can be questioned, but what if Cedar Fair went with a packaged deal, and we are in fact getting an RMC.  I will be happy with whatever we get. We already have three pretty unique woodies,  and I hope they will all still be around after Project 2017 is built. It will be fun to see all of the decoding now that we have some plans to keep us occupied until further clues are released. 

• Like 8

I suspect that the direction of travel is to the right, the left hand curve(the one with wide supports) following the lift(my guess) will be where the the Funnel Cake stand was. The two rectangular boxes that stand out near where the two tracks run parallel to each other is where the coaster will cross the train tracks. Can someone make an overlay from my guess please?

• Like 1

From the looks of the layout, it does seem to mirror certain elements of GCI coasters. However, screamscape is reporting of an RMC makeover of Mean Streak. I know the legitimacy of screamscape can be questioned, but what if Cedar Fair went with a packaged deal, and we are in fact getting an RMC.  I will be happy with whatever we get. We already have three pretty unique woodies,  and I hope they will all still be around after Project 2017 is built. It will be fun to see all of the decoding now that we have some plans to keep us occupied until further clues are released. 

I think screamscape is wrong.  I actually do think that Mean Streak will get work done but I suspect the package deal is with GCI.  

• Like 5

Something I noticed on Instagram:3e72a53a7d54457d0e6211efae8a2e4b.jpg

Somebody is following Cedar Fair parks...a66262607ec41e69ce0c7d89e7a88c0f.jpg

I feel like it would be bad for business and publicity if they followed their main buyers biggest rival, unless they had a reason to, such as the rival is now a buyer. This is all pure speculation. (The Disney part might have a different explanation as to why they are being followed, but the same goes for them)

*I do not know whether this is an official RMC page, so if someone did know, that would be great and might help us debunk this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just in case you missed it back on page 63...
  • Like 3

I tried a different perspective with the same layout.  I still can't see them taking out RFYLCB.  I thought the one part of the layout would be a bridge for the train before it hits the station.  The other, I thought they would use the terrain on the other side of the tracks to go down into the valley and and then have enough momentum to send the car back home to the station.  I'm not an expert...just a fan playing with photoshop.  

27474598762_fe703abedf_z.jpgKI PROJECT 2017 by KingsIsland1972, on Flickr

• Like 9

Wouldn't a coaster that can punch a lot of speed have long straightaways to impact the speed?  This obviously doesn't have all the curves and fancy loops, but wouldn't it be awesome to have two of the fastest coasters side by side?  The Beast as a Woodie and then a Steel/Woodie Coaster that would reclaim the speed record or maybe even the longest coaster record?  Then they can claim they have them both side by side.  Just say'n!

• Like 2

I tried a different perspective with the same layout.  I still can't see them taking out RFYLCB.  I thought the one part of the layout would be a bridge for the train before it hits the station.  The other, I thought they would use the terrain on the other side of the tracks to go down into the valley and and then have enough momentum to send the car back home to the station.  I'm not an expert...just a fan playing with photoshop.  

27474598762_fe703abedf_z.jpgKI PROJECT 2017 by KingsIsland1972, on Flickr

That looks like a feasible position to me. Fiddled in PS a bit and it looked like it would work fine with both tracks fitting under the rail bridge. Would run right next to the reservoir and turn around right by Diamondback.

• Like 8

KD and SFGAM are the only other 4 woodie parks I can think of. Are there any others?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

No matter what their marketing department tells you, SFGAm has three woodies. American Eagle, Viper, and Little Dipper. Unless, of course we're counting American Eagle as two. But in that case, the KI Racer is also two, meaning that an additional woodie would give them five.

• Like 3

Honestly, I really hope this coaster is comparable to the Voyage or even the Legend. Both are experiences that KI lacks and it would be great if they had that. Both give an "out of control" feeling, but in different ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, hope the straighter layout means more double downs or even triple downs. 

• Like 3