Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

If the rumor is not total crap........

The prints seen today may be just for a general layout, and not showing a detailed layout: i.e.: elevations, inversions, twists, etc. (yes, inversions.  I do not believe KI will build a wood coaster w/o inversions.)

Relax people.  Banshee was blasted by naysayers when similar stuff came out, and it is a great coaster.

• Like 11

^^^

I'm a believer that the park could use another "kid" coaster, something to bridge the gap (along w/ FAAC) b/w Woodstock express and the bigger coasters at the 48". If this had a 46" height requirement, that would be awesome. One of the biggest joys I've had the last few years is watching and riding along w/ my son on Woodstock express when around his 3rd birthday, taking him on FAAC around his 4th, then adding WWC & Congo falls the next summer, The Beast, Vortex, Racers, etc... after turning 6, Banshee the following summer, then Diamondback later last summer. Its always been a joy to see him finally hit the next mark when getting measured.

Seemingly, our 4 year old daughter has a little bit of "chicken" in her when it comes to roller coasters. She got on Woodstock express once w/ me last summer, and once earlier this year w/ my wife, but won't ride it again. Hoping to break her of that so we can share the same experiences as she continues to grow.

a 46" coaster would give a family an additional reason to come back to the park. If you don't like getting wet, there isn't much new to add b/w 40" and 48" for most kids. The water rides as mentioned, plus FAAC; can't recall anything else. a 46" ride would greatly benefit the park.

Agreed. Since my little guy is almost 36 inches and will hit that mark this summer, my view of what we can or can't do in the park has severely changed. Maybe this will add something else for everyone to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

GG have some extreme maintenance and forces, kinda hard to sell that when you are looking for a coaster for all ages.  

Actually they aren't considering the size of this project. for example Timer at walibi was just over $4.7 Mil and its only 55 FT tall, there is also Roar-O-Saurus which is even smaller and its and airtime machine! going a little bit bigger we have Ravine Flyer II and its $6 mil for a medium sized woodie. I do think this is going to be a rather interesting ride if it is by any of the three manufacturers (RMC,GCI,GG) it may get me back to KI and get some rides on this and The Beast. (also BTW Voyage was only $8.5 Mil and that's a monster of a ride)

I'm just wondering if this is in fact a wooden coaster and it is built into the woods similar to Beast, I hope I won't have to make a change to my tradition of getting the Last ride of the night on The Beast.

Just grab the last ride before fireworks at Beast, then make your way over to Project 2017 for last ride of the night.

Anyone at the park want to meet up?

Not sure about anyone else, but I usually don't read this thread while at the park. Too many posts.

I might suggest the wait times thread or a meet-up thread.

• Like 5

I'm just wondering if this is in fact a wooden coaster and it is built into the woods similar to Beast, I hope I won't have to make a change to my tradition of getting the Last ride of the night on The Beast.

Looks like while it will be int eh woods it is not going to have the same seclusion as Beast does so I'd probably still go with it for the last ride. Project 2017 seems to be near the midway still and will be around WWC, the train and DB. So have a great setting but won't be the same as Beast still for that alone in the woods feeling.

• Like 3

Looks like while it will be int eh woods it is not going to have the same seclusion as Beast does so I'd probably still go with it for the last ride. Project 2017 seems to be near the midway still and will be around WWC, the train and DB. So have a great setting but won't be the same as Beast still for that alone in the woods feeling.

Depending on the orientation if it is aligned to shoot out toward the train shed it might still have that bit of seclusion, especially because the train stops running toward the last rides of the day. I will probably alternate between the 2 as the last ride of the day, with the occasional Banshee thrown in depending on the time remaining.

FYI, I sent the pic to an engineer friend of mine who had this to say:

"I'm pretty certain those plans are legit.  Those plans likely are from the structural engineer working on the project, and I recognize the "DJP" initials in the corner.  I used to co-op with him back in college, and I've seen his initials on other KI plans that have been released."

• Like 6

Here is my attempt at laying it out.

vn14wl.jpg

I think I am close on this one. The 90 degree turn out of the station is to go around the log flume. The only problem I have with this is that I am having trouble scaling the layout so I am not on top of the train tracks next to the water reservoir for WWC. But it makes sense to me and would not require the removal of any more buildings or attractions.

Entrance and exit are where the funnel cake stand used to be and follows next to the log flume between it and the train tracks. There has been clearing in this area and I was surprised at how much space there is.

Yeah, this is the general location that I think fits best. The "station and brake" area seems to match that pond's shape exactly. Then the lift and drop curve around to miss the flume. My biggest problem is where it crosses WWC. Like you have it, its a mess over top that first big loop in WWC. It doesn't cross it cleanly. I tried to make it cross in a single point where that loop comes together, but it made the coaster go over the turntable. I'm using bing cause it is a fall/winter shot and you can see everything better. But then its iso, so maybe thats whats throwing things off? Either way, no other location seems to fit right, so this has to be it. 

That doesn't "have to be it" because we don't know how big it is yet. There are plenty of other pics out there of other orientations that would work as well. I think yours is too big (although that is what I would want) and uses the area between Picnic Grove and the WWC turntable that would be to congested. Keep an open mind, there is no single possibility. 

That doesn't "have to be it" because we don't know how big it is yet. There are plenty of other pics out there of other orientations that would work as well. I think yours is too big (although that is what I would want) and uses the area between Picnic Grove and the WWC turntable that would be to congested. Keep an open mind, there is no single possibility. 

I do wonder how small do you think this attraction is going to be?  I scaled the ride in that picture to be what I would estimate somewhere around 3500 feet in length.  One side of The Racer is 3415 feet.   Also we should be able to get a decent idea of the scale based on the size of the station and maintenance building.  In that picture the station is already shorter than the station for The Beast.

• Like 1

I spent an hour fiddling with this thing in photoshop. Scaling, rotating, flipping it even. Looking at it in ways that make sense from a construction standpoint. I'm open to suggestions if you have a layout that makes sense. Every other layout I've seen makes no sense. Some have it going under the bridge and right through Diamondback supports  :rolleyes:   The next most logical one is the one that has the lift replacing the flume, and the ride tracking behind the Crypt, but I can't see that happening. 

And measure it out, that layout is about 3000 feet. Do you think this is a kiddie coaster? 

• Like 2

By golly, I know I'm the only one obsessed by this (Right?? heehee), but I feel after 24 hrs of hacking at my Photoshop...I feel that I have finally got it right.  This has got to be close to the FINAL LAYOUT.  IMO.  I don't think it's gonna be a woodie, but something that can fly over the WWC reservoir.  I don't know technical jargon, but I truly feel this will only cross the tracks near the Train entrance.  I don't think it will cross anywhere else so this is going to be a smaller, short riding coaster, maybe Adventure Express style.  I feel the point where the coaster will turnaround and return back to the station will happen somewhere near where they shoot the water cannons at WWC.   Again, this is an Artist rendition and this photo is for entertainment purposes.  Look at your own risk.   :D  

26976165054_62a22877a8_z.jpgKI Project 2017 FINAL by KingsIsland1972, on Flickr

• Like 7