Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

The Interpreter, on 14 May 2016 - 01:39 AM, said:snapback.png

c. That which is occurring in the park will intensify as the answer clearly reveals itself--some will be in utter shock and surprise--others will not. And the park will be pleased. At least it hopes so.

I'll take a GCI! I absolutely love American Thunder, and Thunderhead! The only way I would be in utter shock though, would be if it were an RMC or Intamin. Unless of course utter shock means, people have said, KI would never build another wood coaster again.

• Like 5

I'm enjoying all of you guys' coaster concepts!

Ok... one more and then I'm off to tomorrow's 92° day; which means it's time to help cool off fellow guests Mwa ha ha ha... oh, yeah.

It won't be long now... or, well, tall, maybe... Cue the music!

cranes.png

:unsure: too soon?)

• Like 20

So Goble, if this thread is Episode II, then will it be full of bad dialogue, a forced romance, and Jar Jar Binks affecting the entire Cedar Fair universe?

So we've had bad dialogue and multiple renditions of Jar Jar-esque members affecting the KIC universe.

Ok people, let's get on that forced romance.  Chop chop. 

If only Kinzel were still CEO, then we'd have a Palpatine equivalent...

• Like 9

I think I remember them being used during the construction of Son of Beast.

SOB was also what... 200+ feet tall?

--

This coaster will more than likely have a crane as well, just for bigger pieces that can not be hauled by hand. (Or metal track that is RMC...)

• Like 2

I think I remember them being used during the construction of Son of Beast.

SOB was also what... 200+ feet tall?

--

This coaster will more than likely have a crane as well, just for bigger pieces that can not be hauled by hand. (Or metal track that is RMC...)

Wildfire in Europe is a wooden RMC and its crane is still up after it just started testing.
  • Like 2

So Goble, if this thread is Episode II, then will it be full of bad dialogue, a forced romance, and Jar Jar Binks affecting the entire Cedar Fair universe?

So we've had bad dialogue and multiple renditions of Jar Jar-esque members affecting the KIC universe.

Ok people, let's get on that forced romance. Chop chop.

If only Kinzel were still CEO, then we'd have a Palpatine equivalent...

I feel like people are "caught in a bad romance" with this ride.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No matter what the park gets someone will be disappointed. It is impossible to make everyone happy. Personally I am not disappointed in the slightest. I still hope this is an RMC and not GCI but that is because RMC has been making some amazing rides and I have a few ideas that they could do which would be just incredible. Once I see detailed blueprints it should be obvious who is building the attraction. I am positive it will be good either way and I can already say that I will have an annual pass again next year and will be lining up to ride it. But I am an enthusiast and happy to admit it. The park already has a great selection of attractions, I do wish several of them were smoother, but it could just be me getting older. I would be getting an annual pass next year even without a new coaster.

For me the biggest questions are. Do I get another drink cup next year because I am just getting sick of carting it around the park. If the park had some locker plan which I could add to my annual pass that would make a difference. Should I get the dining plan again? The service at Kings Island has just been horrible, but the rest of the chain appears to be fine.

Or, you know, in regard to lockers, Kings Island could just stop charging for lockers, too (at least the ones outside of Firehawk and Banshee anyway). That may help your case (and thousands of other people's cases).

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The reason Psyclone was so rough while Georgia Cyclone and Viper stayed smooth is than the 1994 earthquake damaged it.

A. Psyclone rough?

B. Georgia Cyclone stayed smooth?

B First. What? Why then did Six Flags waste so much money installing topper track? Cyclone smooth? It is to laugh.

A. Did you ride Psyclone? I did. Dozens of times. It was the last wooden coaster I needed to have ridden every US wooden coaster at the time. It made me go to SFMM three times before it let me ride it. The first two times, it saw me coming and closed. The third, I snuck up on it.

What a glorious ride it was. I'm so tired of reading how rough it was from people who never rode it. (Just like people who've never been to NJFTP tell me what "a dump" it is.)

Psyclone wasn't rough.

• Like 8

Wouldn't you think that if the pic of said plans was legit, other people would have gone and looked at them as well and more than likely, posted more pics of them?

Just a word of warning. In many states, taking pictures of recorded instruments and publishing them or making copies is illegal and punishable by fine and/or imprisonment.

• Like 11

I'm just going off of the almost unanimous opinion that it was rough. I've never ridden it, so I don't know for sure. Personally, I don't find Hurler rough, although most people do. Also, I've ridden GC and didn't find it rough, but that's just my opinion. You can have yours, and I can have mine. Also keep in mind that I rode it post-topper track.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Wouldn't you think that if the pic of said plans was legit, other people would have gone and looked at them as well and more than likely, posted more pics of them?

I have every intention of going and buying my printed copies on Monday. Will make a nice souvenir to add to my collection. I will not be posting them in any forums or social media until the park make their announcement. By that time, it won't matter to anyone if I did or not and would be no sense in doing so.

• Like 5

I was hoping this would be a wooden coaster, a Maverick-type ride, or a log flume.

Glad to see a wooden coaster, but have to admit with the layout I'm seeing, I'm really hoping for an inversion(s) or multiple airtime hills.

After this coaster I will now be hoping for a giga using SoB's station to open 2019/2020.

Edit: unless I'm seeing this wrong, and project 2017 is actually a log flume.

Edited by DontWantToWait42mar0
  • Like 2

I have every intention of going and buying my printed copies on Monday. Will make a nice souvenir to add to my collection. I will not be posting them in any forums or social media until the park make their announcement. By that time, it won't matter to anyone if I did or not and would be no sense in doing so.

Wait... How far back do these plans go back? It would be cool to get a copy of say The Beast blueprints for my basement...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is thought that just crossed my mind...

If Mean Streak is getting a RMC Conversion for 2017, only suggesting that because the crew will be reassigned to different rides in july and the Screamscape rumor, do we really think that CF would invest in opening 2 RMC's opening the same year at KI and CP?

My 1st thought says no, being from Michigan but also a Platinum Pass holder KI is a 4:45 min drive for me, yet CP is about 2:45 mins yet KI is my "home park"...I know I'm weird right lol, but back on track, I visited CP more in 2013 when Gatekeeper opened because I went with other friends who wanted to ride the shiny new coaster, however in 2014 I was able to convince some of those same peeps to make the treck to KI most of whom where first time visitors, to check out Banshee and I ended up making more trips to KI that season! I would like to think that CF as a money making company would not open a shiny new RMC at both parks the same year. I'm just saying this again because of the marketability of the ride to the GP. If both parks get a RMC, one being from the ground up for KI, the other being a Mean Streak conversion, I am pretty sure the CP RMC will be "taller, faster, steeper, longer" than what KI recieves. So that could hurt a potential boost in guests for KI.

So since we have a potential layout and Decoding will probably turn to manufacturers or placement of layout in the construction area visible to us, I am currently thinking this is from GCI and not RMC... but I am just Decoding and know nothing since I am not willing to drive almost 5hrs to Mason and get Blueprints lol

• Like 5

After a self imposed 24 hour ban on posting anything after this development... I present fresh Mind Droppings NDT style (O-H anyone?)

• More than anything, I am disappointed. Not in these designs leaning towards a coaster of the wooden sorts... but that we are barely into the second week of June and plans have already found their way onto the internets. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer/ enjoy the buildup that the park creates leading to the announcement. A big thank you to those that have seen the additional details and not shared any additional information that can be gathered.

• With that, I believe this will be a homerun for the park and the more time that passes, the more I like the idea of a GCI* over a Giga for 2017. Stats and records are not everything. There is a reason The Beast ranks higher than other coasters twice its size (height wise of course). That would be due to the experience, which a terrain hugging GCI, IMO, would provide. 

• Q. "The trees. Ohhh, won't somebody think of the trees!"
  • A. Yes. And it seems like the park is taking a less = better approach with this. 

• Guesstimating a conservative cost of $9,000,000 for this project... that would mean Cedar Fair has spent in excess of 33 million (conservative estimate; unable to find cost of 2015 & 2016 additions/ improvements) on the park in a 4 year time frame. Let that sink in for a moment. The future is bright at Kings Island. 

That is all for now. Until a program is found to transpose images...

Cheers!

• Like 6

I think you are close to the directional layout now. What I would do if it had the editing capabilities would be as follows.

1. Bring the entire coaster inside the railroad tracks.

2. Elongate the image to where the turnaround circles around the first rapid turn on WWC.

This would avoid WWC and the center of the coaster would then cross right where the flags are at the WWC immediate exit from the ride.

Short and sweet coaster... My two cents.

Thats just it though. We can't edit the layout. The layout is what it is. We can rotate and scale only.
you're only thinking on the X and Y axis,

you forgot Z

Yeah, it can go over or under objects. Certain elements going over or under certain objects is less likely though.

Did you discern anything from the plans that gives us a location?

Yes, I did. And every picture I've seen here missed it. It was even pointed out by the park. Keep looking.

• Like 1

Not sure if that was just a general response or directed towards my post I agree with bullet points 2 and 5 as I am happy with any new addition to KI so point 1 is invalid, however I do hope to save as many trees as possible so you hit the right note on that part, and you are right again on the Capital Investment being reserved for KI, which is the #3 park in the chain, which makes more money than the bottom 3 combined, so I would think a giga is coming, but just not now...

Wait... How far back do these plans go back? It would be cool to get a copy of say The Beast blueprints for my basement...

I have no idea what blue prints are available from the past. These will be my first copies. When I said, "add to my collection", I meant souvenir collection. Not blue print collection. :)

• Like 3

I have a thought, pure speculation, but we JUST got a nice new rollercoaster that has a record of inversions. Methinks the park would not create another multi-looper for those (families, vertigo sufferers, and those with fears of big roller coasters) that prefer a less...inverted perspective? (Beat.) Anyway, I'm hoping for a GCI where the only thing you can see over the trees is the lift hill. And tunnels! There ought to be tunnels! It is Rivertown, and would fit The Beast mining theme.

Either way, I is much excited!

Send in the cranes!

• Like 2

^^^ This is what I am hoping for as well!!! A wooded area around the ride with a tunnel or two to increase the sense of speed, that would fit in with KI's lineup IMO... KI is known for using their terrain to their advantage for lack of a better word lol, i.e. Banshee, Beast, Bat, Adventure Express, even DB if you include the splash down, so I could see this ride being a great addition to KI! Any know if there is a elevation drop in the suspected construction area??? I know the park is notorious for having rugged terrain...

• Like 1