Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

You know, most of us won't know anything for sure until the park actually announces the thing.  Sitting on the forum constantly saying you know what its going to be is trolling in and of itself, and honestly, its annoying and rude.   We know why you can't/won't, so honestly, just keep it to yourself if you're going to continue to gloat about it in such an arrogant manner.  We probably still have 2 months of this left.  

Most of us want to see how the park plays this thing up and will wait until the park announces and want to be surprised because we have this thing called patience.  

• Like 21

At this point all I believe is that were getting a rollercoaster. If the plans are fake, which I doubt, releasing fake coaster blue prints and ending up not building a coaster at all would be a huge mistake in my opinion. I'm pretty sure the plans are real but I don't think this is necessarily the final layout.

• Like 2

One guy's opinion: Without naming names, if anyone actually DOES know anything, then either...

1) they're truly in-the-know and thus should say nothing that might reveal what is not yet to be revealed. No sly little "hints." No glib "winks." Nothing. It doesn't matter if they learned the "truth" directly or indirectly, they're still in no position to tell us what track is or isn't passing under this or that, what is or isn't being removed, what is or isn't coming. It's poor decorum at best, and potentially job-threatening to someone down the line on the worse end.

2) they know as much as the rest of us, but sprinkle in these would-be "winks" for attention.

Neither is really acceptable, fun, or entertaining. It's not cute or coy to talk like you know what's coming if you don't, and it's REALLY not cool to talk like you know what's coming if you do. In other words, even if by some friend of a friend of a friend you even think you might actually know what's coming, excuse yourself from the conversation. If you don't know (like many of the rest of us), then welcome to the club.

I maintain what we long have said: those who speak don't know; those who know don't speak (at least if they've got any good sense.)

• Like 19

I watched some point of views tonight including storm chaser & outlaw run. I looked at the golden tickets and only one GCI coaster was in the top 5 which is thunderbird @ dollywood. I have ridden it and can't believe the hype it gets. It looks like this CCI company makes better wood coasters than GCI. I don't get why people are wanting a GCI. I am glad we are getting a ride similar to storm chaser.

A few things:

1) I have to ride a coaster at least a few times to make a judgement on it. Certainly for me, point-of-view YouTube videos wouldn't be enough!  :ph34r:

2) We're getting a ride similar to Stork Chaser? I learn the darnedest things here, too! From vague, potentially-fake blueprints to a RMC coaster in mere hours. (bkroz, who, in his mid-20s, has a few friends who are stork chasing.)

3) The Golden Tickets aren't considered a legitimate gauge of the industry. Companies that pay big advertising bucks to Amusement Today tend to come out on top of Amusement Today's Golden Ticket Awards. Strange, huh? Anyway, c'mon. Cedar Point, Best Amusement Park on Earth? Better than Disneyland? Tokyo DisneySea? Universal's Islands of Adventure? Busch Gardens Williamsburg? Dollywood? Kings Island has the Best Kids Area on the planet? Better than Fantasyland? Seuss Landing? LEGOLAND? Idlewild? Puh-lease.  :P

• Like 16

Wait... Gavpenn must be Beat Gal's husband! I feel like I've done all the decoding for everyone! Lol... But to be honest I'm glad we're finally decoding #KIProject2017 It's very fun listening to other people's opinions/thoughts or even so called facts about the project. I certainly can't wait for 2017 to arrive!

• Like 11

1. Thunderbird is at Holiday World

2. I agree that CCI made better coasters than GCI (in my opinion, because they are just relentless) but CCI is defunct.

3. Golden Ticket Awards mean nothing. For reference, look at their #1 steel coaster for 13 of the past 15 years.

There's only 2 Golden Ticket Awards I agree with. Holiday World as the cleanest park, and Dollywood as the friendliest.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 8

BeastGal do you think both KI and CP will get RMC's the same year? Assuming Mean Streak is getting an upgrade since it is closing in June...

MIcoasterguy going straight to the horses mouth...

Well Gavin Penn said it's an rmc and he's been right all along. Looks to me like Cedar Point puts these gci rides at smaller parks. Looks like they are going to do rmc's at their larger parks.

• Like 1

BeastGal do you think both KI and CP will get RMC's the same year? Assuming Mean Streak is getting an upgrade since it is closing in June...

I am not an engineer, but it takes longer to redo a ride and replace with steel then it takes to change some wood boards IMO.

• Like 1

I watched some point of views tonight including storm chaser & outlaw run. I looked at the golden tickets and only one GCI coaster was in the top 5 which is thunderbird @ dollywood. I have ridden it and can't believe the hype it gets. It looks like this CCI company makes better wood coasters than GCI. I don't get why people are wanting a GCI. I am glad we are getting a ride similar to storm chaser.

CCI has been out of business for over 10 years.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

CCI has been out of business for over 10 years.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Trying to be nice.

The more you interact with these sad people who are only posting to get attention the bigger their ego gets.

The only way to get rid of these things is to ignore them. Don't talk to them don't talk about them just ignore them. Maybe they are lonely and feel that when people talk to them they are useful.

Maybe they are little kids. Maybe they are old loners. Just ignore them. They are trolling for responses. Just report them and and ignore them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

I am not an engineer, but it takes longer to redo a ride and replace with steel then it takes to change some wood boards IMO.

Some sentences can't reasonably end with "in my opinion." 

I'm not a theoretical physicist, but the sun revolves around the earth IMO. (I mean, c'mon... Look up and... duh.) 

bkroz, who doesn't know the intricicies of converting, repairing, refurbishing, or retracking roller coasters... and thus says nothing, starts nothing, claims nothing, and gives no timelines, "facts," or "trivia" related to the subject. (At least, not anymore. When I started here at the age of 14, an unthinkable 11 years ago, I was a fount of wisdom!)

• Like 15

RMC makes some great coasters, but their biggest weakness is the fact that most of them are over in like 30 seconds (like pretty much everything Alan Schilke has designed.) They are short but sweet, but just TOO short.

• Like 2

RMC makes some great coasters, but their biggest weakness is the fact that most of them are over in like 30 seconds (like pretty much everything Alan Schilke has designed.) They are short but sweet, but just TOO short.

Money has a say in how long a ride is...

• Like 1

Did you see the Wildfire POV uploaded today? The ride is massive and super long.  

• Like 10