Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Why disclose every detail when it will just be thrown aside like everything else I've said. Maybe I'll receive some credibility once it's officially announced. Maybe not.

You have no credibility because you were all team giga until the plans got leaked by someone else. 

• Like 13

I am going to give Gavin Penn credit for the only one being right in this thread. My husband says we will renew our passes because it's going to be a rocky Mountain coaster.

The game is up Devan or should I say "TheDevariouseffect".

On another note 24" sounds like a nice ROUND number.

99d18c7138ad91bff5841fcd4a4143ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

We need to get back to discussing whether Kings Island or Cedar Point is better. Isn't that what this thread is for?

I could be mistaken though. Maybe this thread is for the giga-fan-girls and gurls to mourn what seems to be the destruction of their long awaited plans for a giga coaster.

Either way, we are WAY off topic right now!

*LetsRide, dashing for the corn fields as he is chased by Splintercats with torches, fangs, claws, and pitchforks*

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

BeastGal do you think both KI and CP will get RMC's the same year? Assuming Mean Streak is getting an upgrade since it is closing in June...

MIcoasterguy going straight to the horses mouth...

Well Gavin Penn said it's an rmc and he's been right all along. Looks to me like Cedar Point puts these gci rides at smaller parks. Looks like they are going to do rmc's at their larger parks.
There is more than one Cedar Point? Finally trying to catch up on the threads.

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

BeastGal do you think both KI and CP will get RMC's the same year? Assuming Mean Streak is getting an upgrade since it is closing in June...

MIcoasterguy going straight to the horses mouth...

Well Gavin Penn said it's an rmc and he's been right all along. Looks to me like Cedar Point puts these gci rides at smaller parks. Looks like they are going to do rmc's at their larger parks.
There is more than one Cedar Point? Finally trying to catch up on the threads.

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

I guess this explains why Cedar Point may or may not always get some of the best rides....because Cedar Point decides where all of the rides go. It all makes perfect sense now!

*Sarcasm noted*

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I wonder if this is a version of Jeff Gramke's wooden coaster that was originally slated for the Diamondback area back in the Paramount era? Wait, he said those plans would never see the light of day, if memory serves me well.

Oooh, I haven't heard about this one. Please share what you can. I love to hear about things like this!

• Like 2

I wonder if this is a version of Jeff Gramke's wooden coaster that was originally slated for the Diamondback area back in the Paramount era? Wait, he said those plans would never see the light of day, if memory serves me well.

Oooh, I haven't heard about this one. Please share what you can. I love to hear about things like this!

I'm sure someone else who knows can explain it in more detail, but I heard about this too. All I really know is that the park was planning a large wooden coaster around the area where Diamondback currently sits, and the coaster was already planned out and construction was about to begin when the park for some reason suddenly decided to nix it. Not sure why they did, but everything was basically scrapped and the park moved on like that coaster was never even planned. 

• Like 4

Magenta Lizard, on 12 Jun 2016 - 06:49 AM, said:

<insert photo of plants here)

Discussion of cornfields reminded me of this pic I took of some of the floral additions in Planet Snoopy during Coasterstock. If this were a video game, this is where we would dig for our next clue.

Plants in Planet Snoopy, p is the first letter of project 2017. Project 2017, happening in River Town, what else is in River Town? The Beast! What is The Beast? A wooden coaster, wooden coasters. What other wooden coasters have been at Kings Island? Son of Beast! Son of Beast, what would be the next in line for a coaster that may or may not be of lineage to The Beast? GrandSon of Beast! Grand Son of Beast starts with the letter G. G, what coaster company starts with the letter G? Great Coasters International!

Therefore the Project 2017 must be a wooden GCI that is Grand Son of Beast!

All jokes aside, I'm really curious about what Kings Island will pull in the upcoming weeks as enthusiasts will now be almost certain to comb over the whole area in question. Watch little kitten cut outs and litter boxes be spread out over the area, along with a speaker playing kitten meows. :P

• Like 9

Kind of funny, on The Beast's second lift hill if you look over to the right, there's a blue teddy bear sitting on one of the footings. From the way it is sitting, someone placed it there. It couldn't have been dropped.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 8

What if it's a family wooden coster that goes by the name of Beastie? That would be a nice addition to the roller coaster line up.

Welcome to KIC!

Thanks! I've been lurking here since late 2008, but today was the day i decided to break my silence.

• Like 12

Love coasters but ki does not need to compete with the roller coaster capital.

They are same company, and remember families, themes and experiences as well.

To close to The Beast The Vortex, and diamond back.a nice package of flats and a end dark ride, plus a log flume would be good.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd still be happy with almost anything. They've been fairly respectful of the wooded feel in the area (so far, and it looks to continue) which would be my only worry. Well, that and the train and RFYLCB, neither of which I fear the park likely to remove.

I've been hoping for something similar to the leaked plans (Giga still belongs on the opposite side of the park :)) all along, but even if it turns out to be something lesser, I'd be happy to have something new.

Some of us would be happy just to get animatronic singing mushrooms, like the ones at KD, right? On Friday, I heard a certain singing-mushroom-obsessed man say he would trade anything else at KI for it to have its own set. Anything.

• Like 7

I get my information from the fry-guy at Potato Works. There! I said it!

Fry-guy!? Oh come on, give me a break! Let me tell you all a story about a man know as the Lemon-Chill guy at Cedar Point.

Originally posted in 2000 by DBCahill:

I can't find the original post, but someone had mentioned that there would be a new steel coaster in 2002, perhaps a floorless.

I shouldn't say here, but the new coaster won't be a B&M. If you all promise to keep this a secret...

CP is currently negotiating with S&S to bring an air thruster launch coaster. The queue will take up most of the area where Oceana currently sits. The launch will be from the site of Ocean Motion. The trains will be hybrid water/land vessels (like Journey to Atlantis) seating 24 people each.

The ride (tentatively to be called Abyssmal -- misspelling intentional) will shoot riders out toward the lake and up a 245 vertical wall. Once at the top, riders will be plunged 260 feet INTO the lake. OK, so not actually into the lake, but into a pipe (like Oblivion) that will go into the lake. This pipe will be clear so that you can see underwater.

When the train comes up out of the lake, you'll go into a double helix and head back toward the beach. On the beach, a hard left behind Giant Wheel, and back up to the top of what is now Disaster Transport. That building will be the new surroundings for the dark/water portion of the ride.

Inside the DT building, you'll experience three flume drops (like Splash Mountain), the third one exiting the building and back onto the beach. Instead of the big splash at the bottom, you'll be taken back up 50 feet, then a quick loop (like Corkscrew) before the magnetic braking system (like MF) cruises you in for a gentle stop.

I know this is absolutely true. I can't say exactly where the information came from, but let's suffice it to say that I know a guy who went to CP two weeks ago and spent a LOT of time hanging around the Lemon Chill cart on the Gemini Midway. Nuff said!!

• Like 7

I get my information from the fry-guy at Potato Works. There! I said it!

Fry-guy!? Oh come on, give me a break! Let me tell you all a story about a man known as the Lemon-Chill guy at Cedar Point.

Originally posted in 2000 by DBCahill:

I can't find the original post, but someone had mentioned that there would be a new steel coaster in 2002, perhaps a floorless.

I shouldn't say here, but the new coaster won't be a B&M. If you all promise to keep this a secret...

CP is currently negotiating with S&S to bring an air thruster launch coaster. The queue will take up most of the area where Oceana currently sits. The launch will be from the site of Ocean Motion. The trains will be hybrid water/land vessels (like Journey to Atlantis) seating 24 people each.

The ride (tentatively to be called Abyssmal -- misspelling intentional) will shoot riders out toward the lake and up a 245 vertical wall. Once at the top, riders will be plunged 260 feet INTO the lake. OK, so not actually into the lake, but into a pipe (like Oblivion) that will go into the lake. This pipe will be clear so that you can see underwater.

When the train comes up out of the lake, you'll go into a double helix and head back toward the beach. On the beach, a hard left behind Giant Wheel, and back up to the top of what is now Disaster Transport. That building will be the new surroundings for the dark/water portion of the ride.

Inside the DT building, you'll experience three flume drops (like Splash Mountain), the third one exiting the building and back onto the beach. Instead of the big splash at the bottom, you'll be taken back up 50 feet, then a quick loop (like Corkscrew) before the magnetic braking system (like MF) cruises you in for a gentle stop.

I know this is absolutely true. I can't say exactly where the information came from, but let's suffice it to say that I know a guy who went to CP two weeks ago and spent a LOT of time hanging around the Lemon Chill cart on the Gemini Midway. Nuff said!!

• Like 1