Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I still lurk around these parts. Glad to see some things never change.

I just want to place my bet on a rather large wood coaster project. I'd be genuinely shocked if those plans weren't legit. The City of Mason and Cedar Fair aren't going to collude in order to get a couple hundred enthusiasts' panties in a bunch. Also, on engineering drawings like that, it's common to use one big AutoCad file for a project. In order to make different sheets (or pages), you simply turn on and off layers to provide the view you want. So the argument saying that the overall layout sheet doesn't tell us anything is hoopla. If the blueprints are to be believed, the track looked in incredible amount like wooden track to me.

So my money is on a GCI, RMC, or even a GG coaster (if they are still around). Even though its extraneous info, GG is out of Cincinatti if I recall correctly.

Also, if it is a wooden coaster, I can't imagine a mid-sized one going in. How would that sell season passes? No. I see them wanting something sexy. I'm thinking tall and fast. Maybe an inversion or two. The overall layout looks fairly straight and long for a slow-paced, medium-sized woodie.

Now if you excuse me..

*FOFreak, backing into the shadows*

• Like 17

I still lurk around these parts. Glad to see some things never change.

I just want to place my bet on a rather large wood coaster project. I'd be genuinely shocked if those plans weren't legit. The City of Mason and Cedar Fair aren't going to collude in order to get a couple hundred enthusiasts' panties in a bunch. Also, on engineering drawings like that, it's common to use one big AutoCad file for a project. In order to make different sheets (or pages), you simply turn on and off layers to provide the view you want. So the argument saying that the overall layout sheet doesn't tell us anything is hoopla. If the blueprints are to be believed, the track looked in incredible amount like wooden track to me.

So my money is on a GCI, RMC, or even a GG coaster (if they are still around). Even though its extraneous info, GG is out of Cincinatti if I recall correctly.

Also, if it is a wooden coaster, I can't imagine a mid-sized one going in. How would that sell season passes? No. I see them wanting something sexy. I'm thinking tall and fast. Maybe an inversion or two. The overall layout looks fairly straight and long for a slow-paced, medium-sized woodie.

Now if you excuse me..

*FOFreak, backing into the shadows*

Is Don sitting at the lurkers table with you?

Coaster Addict trying to keep FOFreak out of the shadows.

• Like 5

For those who "know", can you please stop saying that you know on multiple accounts. It is highly annoying. We get it. It's not about having credibility when it is over. I believe no one will care that you "know" the plans. That just makes it less fun for you. You can kindly stop decoding, or dropping hints. Are you the PR or Don?

Sorry for the rant, but it was getting to me.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Multiple accounts? Who would that be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

People have multiple accounts? That idea is simply preposterous. I mean next thing we will be told is people who have been banned, (and banned again)...would create yet another account? No way.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 21

Wouldn't be a hoot if we were all wrong and the PR department was totally faking us out with bogus plans? I would lol for sure.... And it would be the greatest PR stunt EVER!

I have no idea about Mason but in some areas a company can request to keep plans secret for competitive reasons. The park knew this was going to happen considering both Diamondback and Banshee plans leaked before the announcement. There is likely some way the park could have kept the plans secret if they wanted.

They can have anything Medical wise on the plans to keep them secret.

"My grandfather had a nosebleed on April 29th 1972 when riding The Racer roller coaster" can instantly keep a plan silent because it's medical history, which is kept private.

• Like 2

Well I myself only have one account, and that's the one you see.   Many on here know me personally, and would tell you I've only go by 1 account. I have no reason to mask behind another name.  If I have something to say, I'm not afraid to say it. I say what I mean, and mean what I say. Kinda funny 2 members with under 400 posts trying to call me out as a troll. Preposterous! As for making multiple posts, well; I think many enjoy the tidbits.  If you are not one, then my apologies, maybe you might try the Helen Keller Fan page, might be a little quieter for you there. 

• Like 18

Well I myself only have one account, and that's the one you see.   Many on here know me personally, and would tell you I've only go by 1 account. I have no reason to mask behind another name.  If I have something to say, I'm not afraid to say it. I say what I mean, and mean what I say. Kinda funny 2 members with under 400 posts trying to call me out as a troll. Preposterous! As for making multiple posts, well; i think many enjoy the tidbits.  If you are not one, then my apologies, maybe you might try the Helen Keller Fan page, might be a little quieter for you there. 

I actually wasn't talking about you. Sorry if it seemed to be aimed towards you. (that's if you were talking about me being shady [the real slim shady])

When I mean "multiple accounts", I mean like "time and time again"

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Oh. Well, I meant it that they have had multiple accounts in the past. They now have two, maybe three now. It's like Syble all up in here.

In all seriousness, trying to decode 2017 is fun. Trolls will be trolls. Don't feed them. Trip trap trip trap.

• Like 18

Ok. I like the idea of tall. Huge. A drop that defies all limits of thrill, and challenges the most primal fears of falling from the sky! Go BIG, KI! Let's knock every other amusement park's "records" back on to their collective tuchas! Yeah! (But whatever you do, I'll come to enjoy it, and love it like every new addition we've seen over the last many years!) B)

Centurion.jpg

Coming in the spring of 2017: Grandson Of The Beast! The tallest, fastest, longest wooden roller coaster in the world! The world's first collaboration from GCI and RMC!

• Like 11

Ok. I like the idea of tall. Huge. A drop that defies all limits of thrill, and challenges the most primal fears of falling from the sky! Go BIG, KI! Let's knock every other amusement park's "records" back on to their collective tuchas! Yeah! (But whatever you do, I'll come to enjoy it, and love it like every new addition we've seen over the last many years!) B)

,picture,

Coming in the spring of 2017: Grandson Of The Beast! The tallest, fastest, longest wooden roller coaster in the world! The world's first collaboration from GCI and RMC!

...and JPL  :P

• Like 4

I'm genuinely excited for this addition to the lineup! I'm hoping they break the height record again! I doubt it'll happen looking at the plans, but I'll continue to hope.

On another note, at one point the park boasted about having the most wooden track at a park... Did they lose that with the demolition of Sonny? If so, wood be nice if they got that back too! See what I did there?

• Like 8

If the expansion happened behind/around the maintenance buildings, they could stay, and it still really opens up the possibilities. I don't know how flat the land is in those areas, though.

That empty field to the left of FoF is just begging to be restrooms, though. I know that the actual plumbing involved is not nearly as simplistic as plopping a building down there. But in an ideal world, it's pretty underutilized space right now.

You mean it's not like Roller Coaster Tycoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

People have multiple accounts? That idea is simply preposterous. I mean next thing we will be told is people who have been banned, (and banned again)...would create yet another account? No way.

I still dream and hold out hope that I will discover YoungStud to be active on this site under a different username.

• Like 11

Is anyone even thinking about how this new coaster could start its run around The Vortex Que house and make it way towards White Water Canyon? I would say the service life of The Vortex is up, and probably slated for removal that would free up quite a bit of space now wouldn't it?

• Like 2

Is anyone even thinking about how this new coaster could start its run around The Vortex Que house and make it way towards White Water Canyon? I would say the service life of The Vortex is up, and probably slated for removal that would free up quite a bit of space now wouldn't it?

I don't think they would have bothered with WWC and the funnel cake building if that is the case. And that is a long distance that has to go through Diamondback and the old Crypt building. The old location of the funnel cake building and WWC entrance would be less in the way if this were the case.

• Like 2