Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Is anyone even thinking about how this new coaster could start its run around The Vortex Que house and make it way towards White Water Canyon? I would say the service life of The Vortex is up, and probably slated for removal that would free up quite a bit of space now wouldn't it?

Arrows don't have a service life. Besides its the best coaster in the park.

• Like 4

Ok. I like the idea of tall. Huge. A drop that defies all limits of thrill, and challenges the most primal fears of falling from the sky! Go BIG, KI! Let's knock every other amusement park's "records" back on to their collective tuchas! Yeah! (But whatever you do, I'll come to enjoy it, and love it like every new addition we've seen over the last many years!) B)

Centurion.jpg

Coming in the spring of 2017: Grandson Of The Beast! The tallest, fastest, longest wooden roller coaster in the world! The world's first collaboration from GCI and RMC!
Don't forget Intamin, who (in an ironic twist) is brought on board for quality control of the other two designers and to identify potential safety and maintenance concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Is anyone even thinking about how this new coaster could start its run around The Vortex Que house and make it way towards White Water Canyon? I would say the service life of The Vortex is up, and probably slated for removal that would free up quite a bit of space now wouldn't it?

At some point Vortex will become more expensive to keep repairing than the park is willing to pay. I could see this happening in the next 10 years. I think that's where our blitz coaster will go after we get our giga in 2022.

• Like 5

At some point Vortex will become more expensive to keep repairing than the park is willing to pay. I could see this happening in the next 10 years. I think that's where our blitz coaster will go after we get our giga in 2022.

After 30 years, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. Best built Arrow ever?

• Like 2

Roughest coaster in the park.

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So rough. I've ridden it twice this season, once Friday, and once yesterday- I decided to give it one more chance. No can do. My tall, thin frame and bony shoulders means the OTSRs really kill me. I couldn't wait to get off. 

Vortex, I want to love you!

After 30 years, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. Best built Arrow ever?

Loch Ness Monster at BG Williamsburg? Custom looper built in 78 and the only coaster with two interlocking loops.

• Like 7

I returned to riding Vortex this year, after I took about a ten-year vacation from riding Vortex (because it beat the crap out of me in 2006). I was pleasantly surprised that, if I "lean into" the rough twists at the top of the second hill (before going into the loops, when the track goes from a leftward tilt into a sudden 'reset' to "level"), I can avoid the boxing match.  The ride feels no different than it did the first 50 times I rode it! No, Vortex is a living museum piece of roller-coaster oneupsmanship that has been an anchor for 30 seasons (inclusive of 1987).

• Like 10

I hate the reputation that the old Arrows get.

I love the old loopers that I've been on. The mine trains don't really do much for me, though.

I think AE is way rougher than Vortex.

But, that's just my opinion. Yours may vary.

• Like 9

I hate the reputation that the old Arrows get.

I love the old loopers that I've been on. The mine trains don't really do much for me, though.

I think AE is way rougher than Vortex.

But, that's just my opinion. Yours may vary.

I think if you sit in the right seat (or wrong, actually) on Vortex, it can compete with AE, but I'd agree with you overall.

• Like 3

I just need to put something out there.

As someone who knows TheDevariousEffect in real life better than most here do, I find it highly unlikely that he is Beast Gal. Beast Gal's account was created long before his original ban. Like, nearly a year before.

Those assertions are not fair to Beast Gal. Some of us may find her annoying, but I don't personally think she's done anything really ban-worthy and given that he did, until we have some real evidence, I don't think it's fair to make assumptions about her. I am also pretty confident that GavPenn isn't him, because a reverse images search on Google shows the same avatar on other websites associated with accounts of the same user name. So unless this is all an incredibly elaborate ruse, I think you're all being a little unfair to both of them.

I will also say that I honestly do not know whether he has an account on here again or not. And while we are friends in real life, I would not risk the good standing of my account here to help him hide if I did know anything.

Let's stop with this "guilty until proven innocent" nonsense. I don't really care for their posts here either. But we can at least be fair about things until we have some concrete evidence that they've broken the rules.

Also, even if they have broken rules, that is on Dane, Ryan, and the rest of the moderating team to decide, not everyone else. If you suspect rules have been broken, use the report button and let mods investigate. No need to make public accusations.

Now, back to decoding.

• Like 9

The other day when KIC's twitter said something along the lines of "if you haven't ridden the train today, you need to go right now" (or something along those lines), I asked if someone could post any photos of new stuff for those of us unable to make the train (I really won't be able to visit the park until July sometime).

So...any photos anybody can share? 

• Like 1

Umm, a gentleman in a business suit came to the Whitewater Canyon geysers last year and told me that he has a secret identity on KIC, and I believed him, because he had two other gentlemen in business suits with him.  ;) I won't reveal who this man, nor who his compadres were, but suffice it to say I was delightfully entertained by the whole revelation, and wasn't at all... mad... bro.

• Like 15

If the expansion happened behind/around the maintenance buildings, they could stay, and it still really opens up the possibilities. I don't know how flat the land is in those areas, though.

That would create such a bottleneck! Too much traffic on too narrow of a path.

2mcdbv6.jpg

Bottleneck?

Not "was under the bridge". "is under the bridge" would be more appropriate. LOL

Sent from an Indestructible Phone

Is it opportunity?

• Like 1

Umm, a gentleman in a business suit came to the Whitewater Canyon geysers last year and told me that he has a secret identity on KIC, and I believed him, because he had two other gentlemen in business suits with him.  ;) I won't reveal who this man, nor who his compadres were, but suffice it to say I was delightfully entertained by the whole revelation, and wasn't at all... mad... bro.

Whitewater Canyon Geysers guy> Lemon Chill guy> Dippin Dots guy..............

• Like 9

Here's a thought- if Mean Streak is getting RMC'ed, wouldn't we see construction by now?  Texas Giant took about a year and a half to re-do, and Mean Streak is a little bit bigger.

Not saying Mean Streak is getting converted, but New Texas Giant was RMC's first big project. So I believe it took them longer to construct since their facility wasn't very large at the time.
  • Like 2

It is possible for RMC to work on more than one project at a time. I would think if Meanstreak was to get an RMC makeover it would make KIs coaster more likely to be an RMC since that would mean they are working together now. I still believe this is a GCI though

• Like 1

It is possible for RMC to work on more than one project at a time. I would think if Meanstreak was to get an RMC makeover it would make KIs coaster more likely to be an RMC since that would mean they are working together now. I still believe this is a GCI though

Very possible, this year RMC has four coasters opening, Lightning Rod, Storm Chaser, Joker, and Wildfire.  All opening within about a three month window.  To my knowledge none have been announced for next year at this point.

But I agree looks like a GCI.  I would assume GCI will also be doing the work at Cedar Point, I am expecting it to get the Ghostrider treatment.

• Like 2